Any Thai Cooking School Recommended In Bkk?

roc634

I'm kind of interested in Thai food and want to learn how to cook several courses. I've checked several cooking schools already, but it seems they are facing the tourists, which teach only 3-6 courses while spend quite some time in the markets or somewhere else. Could you guys recommend some cooking schools teaching seriously how to cook Thai food at a resonable price rather than a tour package? Thanks very much.

I used to frequent the "Thai House Restaurant" located above Foodland on Sukhumvit Soi 5. They had cooking classes which we observed several times while there. They always had good food so might be worth checking out. I have been living outside BKK now for quite a while so don't know if lessons are still offered.

I think that it is very difficult to find what you are asking about. I have scoured the internet and most places seem to be focused on the 3-6 course type of programs that you mentioned.

Here is what I have found along with links. I have never been to these places, so I cannot comment on quality.

Le Cordon Bleu Dusit Culinary School - Sawasdee

10 month Thai culinary program 10 month Thai Culinary Program Price is 360k baht.

Pattaya Cooking School

30 hour Practical Thai Cookery (for foreigners) 19k baht

If you are a Thai national

240 Hrs./10 Wks. Professional Thai Cookery (for Thais) 24.9k

120 Hrs./9 Wks. Thai Cookery (for Thais) 16.9k baht

ABC Language and Culinary School

90 hour professional course: 29.5k Baht

UFM Baking & Cooking School

Not sure about the details as the website is not set up very well.

Wandee Culinary School

Website is in Thai, but maybe you can get through it.

Have fun!

Wandee Culinary School

You can switch to English if you want to using the Brit Flag button at the top. I heard this is a good course. I'm thinking of doing it myself. The Le Cordon Bleu course looks interesting but very expensive and they cover the business side of running a Thai restaurant too. But it's a new course and the first intake of students haven't yet completed. I'd love to chat with one of these but I haven't been able to track one down.....yet. :)

PS Roc634, I can give you a little more info on Wandee if you want to contact me.

Edited by Hadrian1

Wandee Culinary School

You can switch to English if you want to using the Brit Flag button at the top. I heard this is a good course. I'm thinking of doing it myself. The Le Cordon Bleu course looks interesting but very expensive and they cover the business side of running a Thai restaurant too. But it's a new course and the first intake of students haven't yet completed. I'd love to chat with one of these but I haven't been able to track one down.....yet. :)

PS Roc634, I can give you a little more info on Wandee if you want to contact me.

Thanks Hadrian1. It seems you know a lot about Thai Culinary. Have taken any of their course?

• 3 weeks later...