2011 Track Days

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not working I'll be down. Might ride down on the Blade if the weather looks good. Need to flip my rear tire on the Gixxer and the ER6 is still hurting.

Oki doki.

Hope you can make it.

Nick has bought all new protective gear and is coming down on his Versys. Ducati next time?

I've got new handle bars and have changed the oil and filter again for the fourteenth time :)

Expecting Tony to come down on his Versys :)

Hopefully the weather will hold off until after the day eh?

See you there about 10ish 11ish?

I'll sms you about the weather here when I get up. OK?

jap.gif

Did you make it to BIRA yesterday? I got called out to work at 06:30 then it got canceled at 10:00.

I might be heading down to BIRA tomorrow morning for a few laps on the Gixxer, you should drop by if your not busy.

[

jap.gif

Did you make it to BIRA yesterday? I got called out to work at 06:30 then it got canceled at 10:00.

I might be heading down to BIRA tomorrow morning for a few laps on the Gixxer, you should drop by if your not busy.

Yes I went and met Nick there on his Versys.

Also met two other lads one from my neck of the woods, Colin on his immaculate CBR600 and Ron and American who is waiting for delivery of his 750 Gixxer.

How come you are going tomorrow Col? Is it open for practise everyday?

I'll email you the pics from yesterday.

The video footage was lost because I didn't put the sd card in my gopprop - long story.

I did put one small video on my youtube page that Ron took on his phone.

jap.gifjap.gif

BIRA is open for big bikes every morning there's not an event. The afternoon's are for car practise but if no cars show up you can keep riding in afternoon too.

Myself and Trent on his zx10 will be there at 8am.. Weather permitting.

BIRA is open for big bikes every morning there's not an event. The afternoon's are for car practise but if no cars show up you can keep riding in afternoon too.

OK, is it still 1200baht?

OK, is it still 1200baht?

1200 Baht all day Mondays for bikes. Other days it's 1000 Baht from open until noon but as mentioned, if no cars show up they usually just let you keep riding. :)

BIRA website with calendar and contact numbers: http://www.bira.co.th/

Edited by BigBikeBKK

What's the schedule for Thailand circuit? Is it everyday too?

Everyday unless someone has it booked. I always call them the day before to check. I'll be going there this weekend sometime if I'm off work.

Yea, I checked all the websites and their links, but couldn't find anything more than an empty calendar. Thanks for the info though. Does it get busy often? What are the best times?

Cheers

There were 4 of us yesterday. biggrin.gif

Down to o3 because the only Thai guy broke his chain after 5 laps. (He travelled 3 hours to get there and also waited 2 hours for the rain to stop.ohmy.gif

Great fun but next time (Aug 8) I will have some Supercorsa's (i guess SPs, SCs probably no need at this stage) on my Versys in stead of the Strada's. BTW the Strada's weren't that bad once they were heated up. Problem is it took a few laps.. Next time I have to spend more time adjusting the front suspension. For sure have to increase the pre-load. The bike was "diving" to much.

With a few adjustments the rear suspension worked very well at the track I have to say.

Pics of us yesterday.

NOTE TO SELF: MUST PUT SD CARD INTO GOPRO B4 SETTING OFF TO TRACK!!!!! cool.gif

Edited by Nickymaster

Yes mate, but at the end of the day it is a Versys, not your Ducati eh?

Here are a few pics from this morning with the lads having a great time lowering their lap times. (Videos coming).

I'll be there on Monday weather permitting :)

Sick photo's! Looks like a good day out. Are all these track bikes or road-conversions?

Frank's R1 is a road bike and Brian's er6n also.

Trent's ZX10R, Colin's and Declan's Gixxers are track bikes.

jap.gif