Bkk Motorshow 2011 Pictures

mbox

Thanks for the pics mbox. I can tell you like the little bikes huh? I see the Z1000 but no Z100zx/Ninja 1000. :(

ScubaBuddha, actually i like Big Bikes more :-) but i feel the most movement in terms of new Bikes is amongst the small Bikes. The Z 1000 was there but no ninja 1000 . Yesterday there was still some stands doing rehearsals and arrange things...not quite ready yet. Stallion still had their bikes covered and thus why no pics from them.

Haven't seen Lifan, Zongshen /Ryuka or Triumph yesterday .

mbox

Any idea if that Boxer 250 EFI is a prototype or is going into production?

Boxer 250 RS EFI will be available from May onwards....the one shown is with a yoshi and special paint-that will be an later special edition ...but the "standar"d Boxer 250RS EFI with now adjustable front shocks and Gazi Rearshocks as from May

mbox

Boxer 250 EFI = nice :D

Upon closer inspection:

Rear not monoshock design = not nice :(

Old style console = not nice :(

Yoshimura pipes = nice :D

I hope it's still a prototype and the release model will have more improvements.

Boxer 250 EFI = nice :D

Upon closer inspection:

Rear not monoshock design = not nice :(

Old style console = not nice :(

Yoshimura pipes = nice :D

I hope it's still a prototype and the release model will have more improvements.

Hmm, the Boxer 250 never had a monoshock , always had this console , and yoshimura muffler maybe later on a special edition.....

mbox

Yeah, I was just hoping they'd do some radical redesigning on the new model... aside from the EFI.

Nope, a re-design was not planned ...it was an technical update for efi, adjustable usd frontshocks and different rear shocks.

mbox

Thanks for the pics,

any idea what the z1000 price tag is ? (not hearsay) but show price..and with any special show offers?

Also, didn`t see the big suzuki`s, same question here too, price with show offers......thanks

No, I'm not keen on that one - I meant this one...

DSCF0957.JPG

Yep, thats also a Big Bull ....made in Thailand by Tiger

will come back to give more info,

mbox

The Bike is called the Big Bull Pocky and has 125 CC same like the King Kong Z1 and the (Little American) Rock

mbox

Thanks for the pics,

any idea what the z1000 price tag is ? (not hearsay) but show price..and with any special show offers?

Also, didn`t see the big suzuki`s, same question here too, price with show offers......thanks

I haven't seen any Price on the Z1000 yesterday ...you likely get more info when the Show officially opens tomorrow.

mbox

Thanks for the pics! I'm planning to go next week.

The King Kong looks very nice. How much is it going for? Special price for the show?

I don't know the Big Bull Bikes prices as yet....not aware of any special Show-prices either.

I quite like the classic look of Tiger Retro Sport which will be priced @ appr 36000 thb .

DSCF0927.JPG

DSCF0933.JPG

DSCF0928.JPG

mbox

The Sym Wolf 125/150 Clssic look interesting, but the engines look really dated Japanese copies, and you just cannot compare against the Honda CBR150/250 in terms of engine technology. The Hondas look very good value in comparison?

I hope that Tiger Motor also keeps the carburetor version of the Boxer 250 RS available, as it has no problems to meet the exhaust emission rules, and sometimes simplicity can be positive. For example, for the average rural service center it would harder to do a “quick and cheap” repair on a EFI system.

I can understand that Tiger did start using a EFI system for the Boxer 250 RS, but, if we really honest an EFI system doesn't bring that much advantages if we look at the added cost. Yes, using a EFI will give better fuel efficiency, but the Tiger Boxer 250 RS, with its low-revving engine, was already very efficient with its fuel consumption.

I'm wondering if the electronics controlling the fuel-injection system (ECU) is also controlling the ignition, as I see in the specs that the ignition is still a magneto-CDI?

Also, a small detail, the location of the exhaust sensor is in direct path of everything the front wheel is launching in the air – this can maybe a source for sensor failure...

@ Mbox – Do you already know something about the price of the Tiger Retro Sport... it looks extremely nice... it has something of a Royal-Enfield design.

post-12170-0-32938200-1301019976_thumb.j

I hope that Tiger Motor also keeps the carburetor version of the Boxer 250 RS available, as it has no problems to meet the exhaust emission rules, and sometimes simplicity can be positive. For example, for the average rural service center it would harder to do a "quick and cheap" repair on a EFI system.

I can understand that Tiger did start using a EFI system for the Boxer 250 RS, but, if we really honest an EFI system doesn't bring that much advantages if we look at the added cost. Yes, using a EFI will give better fuel efficiency, but the Tiger Boxer 250 RS, with its low-revving engine, was already very efficient with its fuel consumption.

I'm wondering if the electronics controlling the fuel-injection system (ECU) is also controlling the ignition, as I see in the specs that the ignition is still a magneto-CDI?

Also, a small detail, the location of the exhaust sensor is in direct path of everything the front wheel is launching in the air – this can maybe a source for sensor failure...

@ Mbox – Do you already know something about the price of the Tiger Retro Sport... it looks extremely nice... it has something of a Royal-Enfield design.

Hi Richard, As far as i know the carbed Boxer version will still be available . Not sure about the ECU & ignition, i am pretty sure Tiger Motors will update me on the specs in the next days.

The Tiger Retro Sport will sell for 36000 thb. I love that design too...but now that you mentioned it, you right it has a little royal enfield touch in it.

mbox

+1 on the tiger retro sport. Love it! Question though, I notice the kickstarter. Will it be kickstart only will it be available with an electric start?

Hi Submaniac , it has both e-starter and kickstarter , just like the Retro 110C ( cub-version)

The Retro Sport has a manual clutch ( actually it is something called "easy clutch") 4 gears, runs on benzene , e10 & e20

mbox

So you went to Impact. Was there a Motor Show there?

Motorshow starts officially today. 25th March

23 March was VIP Day (more a rehearsal day i'd say)

24 March was Press Day

I was there on 23 March at noon for a few hours ....still some arranging and building going on... some stands had their bike still covered ( stallion for instance) other manufacturer i didn't see at all ...Lifan, Zongshen/Ryuka, Ducati, Triumph ...maybe they come later?

I was also told that Honda was not ready with their stand ...so the pics i made was from that moment and you may see more today the 25th March

mbox