Multiple Messages "..Reply To A Topic You Have Subscribed To.."

LaoPo

TheyCallmeScooter has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "NATO says alliance ready to protect Libyan civilians, urges UN agreement".

Happened at 22.47PM Thai time (16.47PM my time)

This afternoon I received 11 notifications (of the same message) at the SAME time. It happens over and over; sometimes 2 messages, sometimes 5, but this time it's excessive.

I never made a problem out of it since I simply delete them, but.......

Is the problem on my side or the servers from TV ?

LaoPo

I wonder if it might be a cache problem with your internet service provider? I get multiple notifications of TV items of the same thing as well, somedays more, somedays less.

Thanks for replying to my wake-up call ..:lol:...

..to the bold section of your answer: yes, the same with me, that's why I asked the question and I have no idea WHERE the problem comes from;

I wonder if there are more members, like you and me, who have the same problem: receiving multiple notifications of TV subscriptions.

It doesn't hurt but I do NOT have the same problem with many other subscriptions I have with other websites...so, it's strange that it only happens with Thaivisa.

LaoPo

So it's not a wanted feature then? i though that sometime people needs to be repeated over and over again the same thing, before they can fully appreciate the true meanings on it...:lol:

We are going to bring up the issue with the forum software developer. Hopefully they will be able to find and fix the problem.

Thanks!

That's a clear answer.

LaoPo

We are going to bring up the issue with the forum software developer. Hopefully they will be able to find and fix the problem.

Hi Phil:

any news from the forum software developer on this problem?

The reason I ask is as follows:

today, I received the following messages on topic descriptions:

My time:

07:55 19 x messages: bubba has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Boeing Recommends New Tests For Cracks On 737S".

10:28 2 x messages: ramrod711 has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Thailand To Tell UN Climate Talks: Wealthy Nations Must Pay - And Help Us!".

10:49 4 x messages: geriatrickid has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "President Obama launches re-election campaign".

I received many more TV messages of topic descriptions, but all of them at different -single- times

Note:

I wish to inform that I have many subscriptions on various websites from around the world but the only website I receive multiple messages on the same time from....is Thaivisa; sorry but true.

LaoPo

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it might be a cache problem with your internet service provider? I get multiple notifications of TV items of the same thing as well, somedays more, somedays less.

I can confirm this has been happening for about the last 4 months now on and off.

I can confirm this has been happening for about the last 4 months now on and off.

I think even much longer than that.

Just received the topic subscription from you 2 x and another one 16 x.*..and one from Naam, 3x (I forgot).

I cannot even count all the others every day since I delete them but it's definitely an error somewhere and still not fixed.

16x : "manarak has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Are Houses Overpriced In Pattaya?".

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Like others I continue to get multiple notifications on a daily basis, there is absolutly no consistency to it, I might get a few single notifications and then multiples of up to 10, there seems to to be no rhyme or reason to it.

No big deal, but I wonder why.