Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

i thought the 2.35% I got on a 400,000 baht loan for the truck was reasonable. Could've paid cash, but then would've had to sell stock that's currently making way more than that. And I don't know why anyone's questioning if Pikey did the math. It's all there in black & white when you sign up for the loan. If anyone asks how much the truck cost, I tell them the brochure price as listed by Ford. Yes it'll cost more with interest, but then again I'd lose income from that money if paying cash.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work out Pikey's finance to be 3.94% over 4 years at a cost of 85,000B on a 539,000B loan. At 2.65% he should be paying 12,419 a month. Unless he's bought 30,000B of upgrades.

My apologies, I forgot, I used 30k from the sale of the D-Max to pay the insurance, registration, tax e.t.c so I have 569K on tick over 4 years. I did the maths when I placed the original order and was happy with what I had to pay for the credit.

BTW, great truck and worth the cash - comfortable & quick like a car but with the advantages of bulk to make retards think twice before doing something stupid and the bed in the back for lobbing stuff in.

Cheers,

Pikey.

No idea about the MT but FYI, I paid 869,000 for mine but I think there's been a price increase since then. I know Ford made a "price promise" to fulfill delayed orders at the original price but don't know when the cut off for that was.

If it's of any interest to anyone, I put 330k down from selling my D-Max and got the rest at 2.65% finance over 4 years which works out at 13k/month - bargain! ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Went into Ford showroom ( Pattaya ) this morning and put a 5K deposit down for a 2.2L open cab wildtrack. Price is 809K, lead time 6-7 months.

They don't offer many freebies with it and could not really be bothered hunting about at other branches to compare the difference, if any?

Staff know almost nothing about the vehicle and basically just want to sit about on their phones rather than make some commission......No vehicle available to test drive but this also does not surprise me, driven one already so it does not really matter.

There were about 10 Rangers out the back waiting to be collected, various models and colours.

Pattaya branch have a captive audience of local expats with the wife in tow who is doing the talking so easy to say 'no have' and still have the guys pay deposits and wait.

No need to hunt around. Just hit the Rayong branch. Higher volume of sales, better trained staff and some evidence of 'dealing' has been reported. I would wager you could get your 2.2L Open Cab in less time with only a 45 minute drive further down the road.

BTW, great truck and worth the cash - comfortable & quick like a car but with the advantages of bulk to make retards think twice before doing something stupid and the bed in the back for lobbing stuff in.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Another satisfied customer! Just back to upper Issan from Hogmanay on the beach with wife and 4 kids (amazing what all can fit in the back). Drove south from Udon on 30th... no traffic or cops (busy on the congested northbound lanes) and drove back up yesterday... no traffic or cops (busy on the congested southbound lanes). Must have been the smoothest ride yet with the extra weight of stuff we bought. That's 18957km on the odometer and the fuel consumption calulator says 8.4l/100km since the 15k km service.

Certainly does give you a sense of confidence being a tad higher, wider and longer than most pickups but beware the late-signalling 10-wheel truck! Also, I reckon I get a new ding for every month driven. The latest was on the mayhem of Pattaya beach road where my size didn't seem to matter to a saloon of indeterminate colour and unknown marque. First I saw him was as his passenger-side wing mirror was bent at an ugly angle inside my driver-side rear wheel arch. Sitting in gridlock, a few seconds elapsed before this quite sad looking bloke tapped on my window, holding the broken mirror. I cracked the window a little and said something like, 'No thanks... I already have a couple.' just as the the OA Travel bus FINALLY moved his arse and I did a quick exit-left up Soi 12. Looking at it in the driveway this morning, not a ding at all, just some silver paint. So the mirror he was offering me was the wrong colour as well.

Off to the car wash and valet later as I found out that the last punnet of strawberries that went into the back seat dormitory-cum-dining room really didn't get eaten all up at all... but was slept on!

Edited by NanLaew

Has anyone investigated the roller bed cover for a WT? They are standard equip on WT's in Australia. Are they available from Ford here? I see Carryboy has one, but not sure if it is compatible with a WT.

I think this was "covered" a few pages back. I would imagine anything with the Ford badge on it would be overpriced.

Thanks, yes you are correct it was covered a while ago (the search function is a great tool wink.png ) But it doesn't look like anyone has been able to get one from Ford.

I doubt anyone would want one from Ford. Would be too expensive compared to third party products.

Thanks, yes you are correct it was covered a while ago (the search function is a great tool wink.png ) But it doesn't look like anyone has been able to get one from Ford.

I doubt anyone would want one from Ford. Would be too expensive compared to third party products.

Yes, that might be true.

Ok, has anyone had a third party one installed on their WT? If so, can you share your opinion and some pics?

Not sure, but maybe the Rangers supplied to the Australian market may get the roller cover as a (Ford) option according to a mate of mine there. Anyone else have any info on that?

There are a couple of aftermarket options here (which i posted previously about) and have names such as 'roller lid' and 'roller up' by the likes of Carryboy and Raiton Lock respectively (amongst others). Incidentally it's fun getting a Thai girl to say "raiton lock roller lid". Try it.

A couple of guys I know have had them fitted both in Pattaya and in Bangkok. Cost approx 23,000 baht. The wife wants to have a other baby but I'm holding out for a roller lid.

Meanwhile here is a totally unrelated pic;

post-30245-13573164225756_thumb.jpg

Not sure, but maybe the Rangers supplied to the Australian market may get the roller cover as a (Ford) option according to a mate of mine there. Anyone else have any info on that?

There are a couple of aftermarket options here (which i posted previously about) and have names such as 'roller lid' and 'roller up' by the likes of Carryboy and Raiton Lock respectively (amongst others). Incidentally it's fun getting a Thai girl to say "raiton lock roller lid". Try it.

A couple of guys I know have had them fitted both in Pattaya and in Bangkok. Cost approx 23,000 baht. The wife wants to have a other baby but I'm holding out for a roller lid.

Thanks for that info Ungabunga. The guys you know who have them, do you know if they got the Carryboy model? It looks like in the brochure that it is electrically powered. Wondering what their opinion is of the unit. I hear they are not that water tight, but that doesn't really concern me too much. I'm more interested in quality of build,appearance and functionality.

NanLaew, that has to be the best post in the motoring forum, for the entire year thumbsup.gif

It's only 4 days old. New Year that is. laugh.png

Good to see you're on the ball, Transam smile.png

I am as surprised as you, on the ball that is. laugh.png

I will post regularly as this XLT matures, after regular services, major road trips, upgrades, modifications, fender benders, etc.. You note that I never, EVER discuss my tire pressures either so leaving plenty scope for better, more pithy posts in 2013.

In Belgium , the model is ready for order and the Wildtrack version has a rolling shutter on the option list ( 1400euro ) .

Well my wife phoned Ford Chumphon (we are in Europe) this morning about our WT 3.2 thats been on order since August. We have been promised delivery for the end of Feb.but he was very vague this morning saying lots of WT going to Surat Thani and Phuket so we should be ok Thai logic me thinks. He has told us to phone Monday and he will contact Ford HQ to confirm Delv.date. So fingers crossed as we will be on holiday the end of March and it would be nice to have the new truck

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif.

_

Well my wife phoned Ford Chumphon (we are in Europe) this morning about our WT 3.2 thats been on order since August. We have been promised delivery for the end of Feb.but he was very vague this morning saying lots of WT going to Surat Thani and Phuket so we should be ok Thai logic me thinks. He has told us to phone Monday and he will contact Ford HQ to confirm Delv.date. So fingers crossed as we will be on holiday the end of March and it would be nice to have the new truck

_

Why the invisible ink? Only shows up when "highlighted"

_

Why the invisible ink? Only shows up when "highlighted"

Sorry my computer is running low on ink !! But not to worry Apple are making a delivery tomorrow are you listening Ford Thailand delivery. Oh sorry back working againcheesy.gif

No idea about the MT but FYI, I paid 869,000 for mine but I think there's been a price increase since then. I know Ford made a "price promise" to fulfill delayed orders at the original price but don't know when the cut off for that was.

If it's of any interest to anyone, I put 330k down from selling my D-Max and got the rest at 2.65% finance over 4 years which works out at 13k/month - bargain! ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Went into Ford showroom ( Pattaya ) this morning and put a 5K deposit down for a 2.2L open cab wildtrack. Price is 809K, lead time 6-7 months.

They don't offer many freebies with it and could not really be bothered hunting about at other branches to compare the difference, if any?

Staff know almost nothing about the vehicle and basically just want to sit about on their phones rather than make some commission......No vehicle available to test drive but this also does not surprise me, driven one already so it does not really matter.

There were about 10 Rangers out the back waiting to be collected, various models and colours.

This isn't limited to only Ford employees. Pretty dismal IMHO.

"Staff know almost nothing about the vehicle and basically just want to sit about on their phones rather than make some commission......No vehicle available to test drive but this also does not surprise me, driven one already so it does not really matter."

Hope I am not breaking any thaivisa rules, but have already posted this in the classifieds section (with pictures) and given the popularity of this topic, thought I would give it a try

For sale

2012 Ford Ranger - Hi Rider Double Cab 2.2L XLT Auto

Black

Three months old

Less than 4500km

Bin Liner/windows tinted

Transfer of Insurance

No Scratches

THB815,000

Hope I am not breaking any thaivisa rules, but have already posted this in the classifieds section (with pictures) and given the popularity of this topic, thought I would give it a try

For sale

Black

Three months old

Less than 4500km

Bin Liner/windows tinted

Transfer of Insurance

No Scratches

THB815,000

If you don't mind me asking, what's the reason for selling it? Dissapointed with the vehicle?

For sale

Black

Three months old

Less than 4500km

Bin Liner/windows tinted

Transfer of Insurance

No Scratches

THB815,000

If you don't mind me asking, what's the reason for selling it? Dissapointed with the vehicle?

Absolutely love the truck. Been transferred to Cambodia. Would have taken but too many hassles. At least new job comes with a vehicle

Absolutely love the truck. Been transferred to Cambodia. Would have taken but too many hassles. At least new job comes with a vehicle

I assume you will be in Phnom Penh. The provenance of many luxo cars and SUVs on the road are somewhat suspect, but you will not lack for choice in high-end vehicles. However, you will get sick of herds of Range Rover and Lexus SUV's crowding the roads. And rush hour is multiple knots within knots. Still, it's one of my favourite places. Good luck.

Back on topic: that Ranger is very tempting. Are there optional bits on the truck?

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

I assume you will be in Phnom Penh. The provenance of many luxo cars and SUVs on the road are somewhat suspect, but you will not lack for choice in high-end vehicles. However, you will get sick of herds of Range Rover and Lexus SUV's crowding the roads. And rush hour is multiple knots within knots. Still, it's one of my favourite places. Good luck.

Back on topic: that Ranger is very tempting. Are there optional bits on the truck?

Yes heading to PP, worked there before. Great place/people

No major optional bits on the truck, just the bedliner/tints/weather shield.