Where Has Power/Electric, And Where Does Not?

No power most of the day, came back for an hour if that, now out again. FV was all dark so is the ring road around Bophut area.

Bangrak/Plai Laem was out for about an hour from 7.30 pm. All is OK (for the moment) Power cuts most days recently.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like the frequency of supply disruption is increasing. Here in Maenam power was out Friday evening until early hours of Sunday morning, and when back on kept dropping down to single phase - wreaks havoc with your electrical equipment!

Can put up with the occasional short lived power out but it's now getting ridiculous. When's the supposed new underwater cable from the Mainland meant to be coming online?

Generator time I think (although if everyone is doing this then there's not much hope for the environment!)

So, does ANYONE know why Bangrak and PLai Laem are getting power every other day? It would be so nice to have two or three evenings on the trot without power cuts on this really really lovely clean green friendly value for money tropical island. :unsure:

I think there are power-cut in 2-3 areas every day now. In my home there are cuts 3 times a week and this have been sinse the heavy rain in Mars. It must be lack of skilfulnes/willingnes

to do somethjng about this problem . And I don`t belive a new sea-cabel will do any better. First they have to solve the existing problems for the last 3-4 years before they bring in more electric power to the island

I seems to remember when they laid the previous cables we had power cut in certain areas on a rota several hrs at a time 24hrs. for about 10 days.

With a bit of luck we will be back to normal in a few days and running with an extra cable so power outages rarer.

Last time we were told and I recieved a leaflet at my buiness;.

Can anyone confirm this? Seems to make sense as it all seems very repetivtive and it comes on and goes off on the hr and half hr. I think.......

Out for me 2 hours last night and about 4 hours today... just as I was doing a computer backup :(

I asked my landlord (one of the PEC managers) what was going on, his response sounded like "amateurs" ... :cheesy: I know that will give some of you a laugh:lol:

Usually he does give a fairly good reason, ... I also asked when the sub station in Maenam was to be opened, he implied he did not know....

But there are a lot of falling coconut fronds (think that is the right term) falling on lines, especially with the winds we've been getting .... I'm sure that does not help....

Out for me 2 hours last night and about 4 hours today... just as I was doing a computer backup :(

I asked my landlord (one of the PEC managers) what was going on, his response sounded like "amateurs" ... :cheesy: I know that will give some of you a laugh:lol:

Usually he does give a fairly good reason, ... I also asked when the sub station in Maenam was to be opened, he implied he did not know....

But there are a lot of falling coconut fronds (think that is the right term) falling on lines, especially with the winds we've been getting .... I'm sure that does not help....

Was the reason why yesterday evening.

this is my 2 cents worth.

Our electric comes from the elctric station in Khanom which is in the Nakornsea thammorat provence.

what worries me is that samui is in Suratthani provence.

so polictally nakornsea thammorat has nothing to gain by keeping samui happy with electric as nobody here can vote for people in nakornsea thammorat.

i might be wrong but it is only a guess. if the station was in suratthani porvence then people like Sutep would gain political power by improving the elctric situation.

there is is my 2 cents or 2 pence worth. not sure which one is more valable.

all ask rap stars 50 cent and 50 pence

Amazing. Eighth day with no power, but the electric company turned up today, got held up by rain, but till 10 minutes ago, managed to re erect all but the 11 power poles. Thank God the lines were not ripped out & only small repair required, should have power back in the morning.

What seemed like a mammoth task, they managed to get stuck into it. Thank you to the crew, hats off.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::partytime2::clap2:

that is serious the only thing i can suggest is get loads of water to cool down. shit that is serious 8 days

Our electric comes from the elctric station in Khanom which is in the Nakornsea thammorat provence.

so polictally nakornsea thammorat has nothing to gain by keeping samui happy with electric as nobody here can vote for people in nakornsea thammorat.

i might be wrong but it is only a guess. if the station was in suratthani porvence then people like Sutep would gain political power by improving the elctric situation.

or 4.2 million dollars as he is known in zimbabwe

wow zimbabwe has bad inflation 50 cent is 4.2 million zimbabwe dollars. cool

wow zimbabwe has bad inflation 50 cent is 4.2 million zimbabwe dollars. cool

yeah, nearly on par with bkk airways flight tickets

Cant you buy a small Honda Gen, we shared one, it ran 2 Houses for basic needs.

in thiory could u charge a car battery to power a fan for a few hours.

if u cannot charge it off the wall could charge it in the car then well. u would have to get a small fan one with a car adaptor better than nuffin

infact u could charge the battery off yr car battery while u r driving. attach leads from battery to battery. not sure might work have to put it to the sparky;s on the forum

Edited by BigC

Power cuts are becoming utterly ridiculous right now. Every day now, no warning whatsoever! This is worse than a 3rd world country.

Edited by limbos

Power cuts are becoming utterly ridiculous right now. Every day now, no warning whatsoever! This is worse than a 3rd world country.

Better get used to it ;) To be fair, its not worse than a 3rd world country, but its most definately on a par. What irritates me is that we seem to pay 1st world prices for everything.

Now I`m sick and tired of incompetemt electric compani in Samui. Today another power- cut.. If they are working to make the elektric-lines better. why dont`t they come out with information to the public. And if the implement are old and unuseful, why do the not changes it to the better. I advice all tourists who are planing to come to Samui.GO SOMEWHERE ELSE,!!!!

Now I`m sick and tired of incompetemt electric compani in Samui. Today another power- cut.. If they are working to make the elektric-lines better. why dont`t they come out with information to the public. And if the implement are old and unuseful, why do the not changes it to the better. I advice all tourists who are planing to come to Samui.GO SOMEWHERE ELSE,!!!!

[/quo

And now both the cableTV and True Vision are down. Samui sucks.

apparently they sent a message through cable tv but noone got it because it was down. then they tried to print leaflets but they had a power cut before they finished and the printer stopped working and is now broken due to low electric. Apparatly bangkok has a replace team which a apparently better prepaired for the samui situation. They are there top monkey's from the number 1 zoo in Thailand. i do beleif they are scratching there heads as we speak about to come up with a master plan to save the island. problem is the elctric station have forgotten how to drive so they are stuck in the station stationary until we find a plan as to how to remove the old staff.

No samui elctric station is not a wax musium the people do move from time to time if u watch them carefully :D

ps please re-consider before deleting this post just for the record obviuosly i am typing proper shit as it has been a looooong day. oh well back to work baby is cry whooooshh !

apparently being in this jungle enviroment has the tendacy to turn people into maniacs :D

funnily enough i used to say to people . " if u don't like it go home" but i have stopped saying it now and people don't say it to me.

i think we have just accpted that fact that errrrrrrrrr means errrrr dribble dribble errrrrrrrrrrrrr think we cannot be bothered to moan about the moaners anymore

Fair enough Carmine, but recently there have been more cuts than seemingly in the last two or three years combined, that's how it feels at least.

Yes thats true and as someone else has said on this thread, the authorities are not giving out any info to the public. Everyone is being ept in the dark :ermm: (sorry about that) It would just be nice to know something positive was going to come out of these power cuts rather than a total system overload. The other thing is that the installation o the proposed new system must be a very big job i'd have thought and no quick fix.

So what time do you think we'll have our first power cut today? :huh:

Fair enough Carmine, but recently there have been more cuts than seemingly in the last two or three years combined, that's how it feels at least.

Yes thats true and as someone else has said on this thread, the authorities are not giving out any info to the public. Everyone is being ept in the dark :ermm: (sorry about that) It would just be nice to know something positive was going to come out of these power cuts rather than a total system overload. The other thing is that the installation o the proposed new system must be a very big job i'd have thought and no quick fix.

So what time do you think we'll have our first power cut today? :huh:

I can tell you that the first power cut today was at 09.45. bah.gif But fortunately it came back 10.10biggrin.gif

Just completed our first power cut of the day. What joy! Can't wait for the next one. Maybe, just for a laugh it can be early evening for maximum disruption and while it still really warm. ;)

The joy of living on a boutique island. :D

Just completed our first power cut of the day. What joy! Can't wait for the next one. Maybe, just for a laugh it can be early evening for maximum disruption and while it still really warm. ;)

The joy of living on a boutique island. :D

Not the same since Mangrove shut. Sitting outside testing my latest mozzie spray while nibbling on some steak tartare.....heaven! :lol:

I heard a rumour one of my friend have a friend at the government office and basically what they said from the 3 underground cables 2 is broken and this will be ongoing for another 1-2year. It has been damaged recently and that caused this daily havoc now. not sure if true....

Anyway seems after every rain the electric going off, so its really time to import some 6V inverters from china and sell it so ppl can use it to make electricity up to 2000W from their bikes, it might be a good idea to invest in it if someone want to sell this things i can provide source and do some business :)