Type O Visa Hull

Hi all.

Ive been getting type o visas,for the last 6 years from Hull,I'm a Uk citizen and not retired. This visit ive stayed nearly 15 months, doing the last visa run ,the day before my 1 year was up.Its now nearly April and my times up in a few days .

1st question.... Can i obtain a tourist visa for 15 days at the malay border.This will be only a land crossing,I will need to do this 3 times as my flight is booked 11th of may .

2nd question.... Can i get another type o visa at hull, with proof of renting a room in a small resort for the next year,I am married to a Thai ,but ive lost the marriage papers,this is another story that i need help with later!!!

Kindest regards to you all.

For my Ovisa from Hull last week I was asked for a Residence Certiicate.

To get this I have to go to the immigration office IN THAILAND, with the house paperwork, a foto and 500bt.,and fill in the forms.

You need a tourist visa OR non O visa to do this iirc

Dont see any problems at malay border although if it were me I wouldnt be using the same crossing 3 times, the third one I would do elsewhere.

The marriage would be the aeasiest way to get the Non O, if you have lost the paperwork just go to the Amphur where you were married and a get a copy. Should be easy enough if you take the wife along with ID card and tabien bahn and dont forget your passport.

Edited by CharlieH

For my Ovisa from Hull last week I was asked for a Residence Certiicate.

To get this I have to go to the immigration office IN THAILAND, with the house paperwork, a foto and 500bt.,and fill in the forms.

I obtained an O visa (Hull) by sending a photocopy of my condo title deeds (and a utility bill with the name and address in Roman script). I believe a rental contract in your own name will also suffice. I assume the requiremnent of a Residence Certificate was requested because you could not provide either of the above?

For my O visa from Hull last week I was asked for a Residence Certiicate.

This is good news. The Hull website asks for "Residence Permit" which we all know isn't the same as a "Certificate of Residence". Last I heard, Hull themselves didn't know what they were asking for, so it appears they now know.

rikki, are you a house owner or did you supply a rental contract?

A little over2 weeks ago I got my Non-O.

Faxed them my rental agreement (due to forgetting to enclose the original initially). Visa arrived back next day. No problems whatsoever.

The rules appear to have changed since then though.

Dont see any problems at malay border although if it were me I wouldnt be using the same crossing 3 times, the third one I would do elsewhere.

The marriage would be the aeasiest way to get the Non O, if you have lost the paperwork just go to the Amphur where you were married and a get a copy. Should be easy enough if you take the wife along with ID card and tabien bahn and dont forget your passport.

Ive just been to the amphur near my house,i gave them my name,i couldnt remember the exact spelling of my wife ,as ive not seen her for 5 years..they found me straight away,on the system,which i found amazing as i was married 7 years ago ,and 1500km away...They issued me with a copy,for just 20 baht.

Do you know where, i can get this translated for hull consulate,into english.Will it mean a trip to bkk...kindest regards....

Ive just been to the amphur near my house,i gave them my name,i couldnt remember the exact spelling of my wife ,as ive not seen her for 5 years..they found me straight away,on the system,which i found amazing as i was married 7 years ago ,and 1500km away...They issued me with a copy,for just 20 baht.

Do you know where, i can get this translated for hull consulate,into english.Will it mean a trip to bkk...kindest regards....

I do not see the need for a translation as they have Thai speaking people at Hull. My documentation was all in Thai and no problems in that respect. HTH.

lopburi3 .... re ... Do not believe Hull will issue for a rental/lease anymore.

a few months ago hull took the visiting friends option of getting a years o visa and changed to wanting to

see a room / house / condo rental contract ..... has that changed again ? ... if yes what to now ?

and ... tca ...

re ... The rules appear to have changed since then though ... where ,when and to what ? ... any links or posts saying that ?

regards ... dave2

and ... tca ...

re ... The rules appear to have changed since then though ... where ,when and to what ? ... any links or posts saying that ?

regards ... dave2

You can download the requirements from the Hull website below. The new category "to reside in Thailand", where a property rental contract or title deeds was acceptable, seemed to appear and disappear within a couple of weeks. Various reports on other sites (can't post links according to forum rules) indicate that people were given visas on this basis and others were then subsequently refused when a new category requiring "Residence Permit" was introduced. This seemed to confuse even the Consulate itself. It now appears that actually refers to a "Certificate of Residence" as available from local immigration offices in Thailand and used for the likes of driving licences. What's not clear is whether Hull will accept one of these issued on the back of a property rental contract.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

I do not see the need for a translation as they have Thai speaking people at Hull. My documentation was all in Thai and no problems in that respect. HTH.

I have just checked their website it clearly states that the ,marriage paper must be in English...confused.....please advise regards to all in los...

and ... tca ...

regards ... dave2

You can download the requirements from the Hull website below. The new category "to reside in Thailand", where a property rental contract or title deeds was acceptable, seemed to appear and disappear within a couple of weeks. Various reports on other sites (can't post links according to forum rules) indicate that people were given visas on this basis and others were then subsequently refused when a new category requiring "Residence Permit" was introduced. This seemed to confuse even the Consulate itself. It now appears that actually refers to a "Certificate of Residence" as available from local immigration offices in Thailand and used for the likes of driving licences. What's not clear is whether Hull will accept one of these issued on the back of a property rental contract.

http://www.thaiconsu...-and-visas.aspx

So if I send a copy of my 5 year driving licence will that be OK ?

Have a look at their webiste. Apparently their forms have changed and now no longer list the possibility based on renting.

Just looked at the website and in the documents VISA APPLICATION PACK dated Jan 2011 and ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE FOR NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS dated March 2011, it clearly states:

Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing income of minimum £900.00 per month.

It says nothing about what type of income is needed. Good news for us over-50s perhaps?

Edited by VBF

So if I send a copy of my 5 year driving licence will that be OK ?

I presume you're doing a spot of fishing here but I'll bite. The fact of the matter is it's unclear as to what's currently wanted under the "residence permit" category, so there's no point in asking here as people would only be guessing. I'm trying to get a picture of what has actually been accepted under this criteria and when.

It seems likely they want a "certificate of residence" (as opposed to residence permit) and I would presume a recent one, so doubt very much whether a driving licence, even a new one, would be acceptable. If it was I presume they'd list it.

But that's also guesswork on my behalf. You need to direct such questions to the Consulate.

Have a look at their webiste. Apparently their forms have changed and now no longer list the possibility based on renting.

Just looked at the website and in the documents VISA APPLICATION PACK dated Jan 2011 and ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE FOR NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS dated March 2011, it clearly states:

Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing income of minimum £900.00 per month.

It says nothing about what type of income is needed. Good news for us over-50s perhaps?

A point to note on that £900 is that they seemed to have no problem if your bank statement shows you are in the red either. They advised me of this when I first thought I had left my rental agreement behind and I was worried thet being overdrawn at the bank would be a hinderance.

now i am really confused so if u do not own a condo or house.how do u obtain an o visa? also income in the bank ? £900 does this mean u have to have a regular income of £900 or just have a minimin of £900 in ur bank?

ive the same question, just finished my 15 months but i want to stay another 30days is it simple just to fly out and back again and otain a 30 day tourist visa or did my o visa and the amount of time ive already spent here complicate a tourist visa?

ive the same question, just finished my 15 months but i want to stay another 30days is it simple just to fly out and back again and otain a 30 day tourist visa or did my o visa and the amount of time ive already spent here complicate a tourist visa?

Yes, just fly out and return, you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry, not a visa.

Yes, just fly out and return, you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry, not a visa.

ok thanks for the reply

from Post #22: now i am really confused so if u do not own a condo or house.how do u obtain an o visa?

According to the Hull website download Abb (as of today) you can obtain a Non-IMM 'O' for among other options:

Volunteer work

Evidence required: Suitable letter from recognised charity.

Edited by jazzbo

There is talk of condo property which is owned by a non Thai but what is the situation if you have house? It will be in the wife or g/f's name? Would Hull then accept a 30 year lease agreement or usufruct which is attached to the chanoot?

It seems to me that the rules are changed without thinking through all the possible scenarios, when a problem occurs react to it then, not ideal is it, so anyone want to comment on my 30 year lease or usufruct on the chanoot?

Edited by nong38

couldn't reply on aonangmrhuw's post:

i would get a 60 day tourist visa in penang or vientiane as I did after my non-immigrant expired, easy, maybe still free.

where is hull? the city in england?

how you remember your ID? ;-)

I wouldn't be worried about doing a 3rd crossing at the same place. He has a ticket showing he's leaving after the 3rd border run.