Law Prohibiting Marriage To Foreigners Over The Age Of 50 Proposed To Thai Cabinet

webfact

In any Western country, they would call this : discrimination !

But, to be fair, it's disgusting to see a 70 +, bold, fat, Western guy walking hand in hand with his tiny , slim, teenage Thai lady ! There is actually no need for them to get married, so, we will most probably, keep seeing this ! There won't be any cop arresting you for doing so.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's fine...

It only applies to straight marriages. The sexpats can just marry an eighteen year old boy instead of an eighteen year old girl.

Fifteen bottles of Heineken and they feel the same anyway...

This may be the "Land of Smiles" but really the land of "Monkey see, monkey do"!

This is no big deal. There is no need to marry, and it will bring a sigh of relief from many who are being pressured by their GF and her family. What is not mentioned in the article that the proposal also includes a restriction on inheritance. Any clause in the Will of foreigner which favours a Thai national will be become null and void. And this IS retro-active. This will cause some consternation, and possibly protests which will overshadow anything the red shirts have managed.

Think it s April 1st

April fools

hahaha

No, not April fools ... the same laws were recently passed in both Cambodia and Laos, thus Thailand just follows this new S.E. Asian racial concept.

Old farangs over 50 that marry young Thai girls also have children, the children are Eurasian (half-casts) and Thailand does not regard this as a positive development within its society, hence the new law.

My friend -you need sex lessons.

Whether over 50 or not, married or not, farangs (and not all over 50 are old!) can still impregnate Thai girls who will bear half-caste children. The proposed law (as suggested here today) will not change that!

How funny that in Thailand the subject of half casts is still around. It is a non issue. What about Thai/Chinese half casts? They happen to be currently the most elite group in the country. Most of the top/major Thai movie stars, TV personalities and singers are half Thai, half farang. That white skin is valued more than Gold! There is no proposed law, it is a spoof!

Happy April Fools Day Everyone :cheesy:

Not April Fool!

This is a pre-emptive move by the Thai, Laotian and Cambodian governments against a move by

the USA, UK and EU to restrict their citizens who are under 50 years of age from marrying foreigners.

This is to ensure that the person is mature enough to handle a marriage with people from a different

cultural background.

These rules, however, would not apply to the Schengen area nor to the Commonwealth.

(Tough luck, Americans)

The European Court of Human Rights does hold that the right of marriage is inviolate. However I notice that the Asian Human Rights Commission make no mention of marriage as a right. Hummmm.

April fools

hahaha

No, not April fools ... the same laws were recently passed in both Cambodia and Laos, thus Thailand just follows this new S.E. Asian racial concept.

Old farangs over 50 that marry young Thai girls also have children, the children are Eurasian (half-casts) and Thailand does not regard this as a positive development within its society, hence the new law.

Thailand: Hub of Fools (Home-grown & Imported)

angry mob of isaan girl burning government building .....

Even angrier mob of under 50 year old farrangs burning government buildings due to unfair rules meaning they are not exempt from marriage.......:ermm:

At First I thought this proposed new law was an April Fool Joke???

there are certainly enough Jokes contained in this proposed new law,

The "Innocent Thai women"being the the best one.

And of course there is no Racial Discrimination involved,because elder Thai men,can still Marry young Thai women.

And if you don't have the money we demand,to stay here then piss off back home,and get some more.

So get it now "Farang"?

Edited by MAJIC

"Half breed bastards" thats a bit strong is it not,i take it you dont have children then?

Watch out! If this law is passed, there will be a rush of over 50 year old foreign men into Thailand.

And there will be a baby boom of half breed bastards on the laps of the government - because he is not permitted to get married by law.

I think it is an obvious April fool joke. Why should Thailand go in the footsteps of Cambodia ?

The bottom line is Thai considered Cambodia as uncivilized .... There's no way the Thai will tail it...... ....

I don't think so

Yep, you are right ... Cowboy

Edited by dunkin2012

The European Court of Human Rights does hold that the right of marriage is inviolate. However I notice that the Asian Human Rights Commission make no mention of marriage as a right. Hummmm.

This is your second post on the subject. Get help!

i have been monitoring this thread since 7am

the first suggestion of it being and April fool came on page 3, from member Tatsujin

i came back 20 minutes later and it had been deleted

i was the second person to suggest it was an April fools joke on page 4

it was deleted, i kept refreshing the pages and watched the mods delete any of the very few suggestions in the subsequent pages that it was an April fool on TV

meantime reading all the passionate outpourings from some well known to be be outspoken TV members who had been completely taken in by this ruse

i left at just after 9am this morning and the thread was on page 9

its now 3-50pm, the threads on page 25 and some TV members are still discussing it like it was genuine

just how gullible are you people?

It's a classic tall tale from George and the team and illustrates the level of intelligence and instinctive paranoia of the average TV poster.

i bet he simply cannot believe what he is reading here............

The purpose of this legislation is to stop farang from living in Thailand and, in that repect, it is effective in much the same way as rip-off admission fees work in stopping farang from enetring temples, museums and national parks in Thailand. At the end of the day, Thais are the losers. Farang will always find women in other Asian countries or the former Soviet Union to marry. It will also increase the number of Thai women emigrating to Farangland. How many Thai women have 400,000 Baht in banks in Farangland. Most Thai women date farang because they think all farang are multi-billionaires and that money grows on trees in the lands of milk and honey that make up Farangland. Given that meeting sexy Thai girls is one of the main tourist attractions in today's Thailand, the Thai government certainly do know how to bury their tourist industry. Well done, politicians!!!.

The purpose of this legislation is to stop farang from living in Thailand and, in that repect, it is effective in much the same way as rip-off admission fees work in stopping farang from enetring temples, museums and national parks in Thailand. At the end of the day, Thais are the losers. Farang will always find women in other Asian countries or the former Soviet Union to marry. It will also increase the number of Thai women emigrating to Farangland. How many Thai women have 400,000 Baht in banks in Farangland. Most Thai women date farang because they think all farang are multi-billionaires and that money grows on trees in the lands of milk and honey that make up Farangland. Given that meeting sexy Thai girls is one of the main tourist attractions in today's Thailand, the Thai government certainly do know how to bury their tourist industry. Well done, politicians!!!.

You haven't read resent posts have you. :lol:

i have been monitoring this thread since 7am

the first suggestion of it being and April fool came on page 3, from member Tatsujin

i came back 20 minutes later and it had been deleted

i was the second person to suggest it was an April fools joke on page 4

it was deleted, i kept refreshing the pages and watched the mods delete any of the very few suggestions in the subsequent pages that it was an April fool on TV

meantime reading all the passionate outpourings from some well known to be be outspoken TV members who had been completely taken in by this ruse

i left at just after 9am this morning and the thread was on page 9

its now 3-50pm, the threads on page 25 and some TV members are still discussing it like it was genuine

just how gullible are you people?

It's a classic tall tale from George and the team and illustrates the level of intelligence and instinctive paranoia of the average TV poster.

i bet he simply cannot believe what he is reading here............

I also posted a reference to April Fool's Day around 7.45 this morning, and I now see that it's disappeared. Maybe the Mods can post a "top ten" of who rumbled this one this morning?