Very Bored

terrychris

Im now back in Pattaya for my twice a year holiday,this time for 6 weeks.

Two weeks have already passed and I now have 4 weeks left.

Never before have I felt like going home early that I feel now.

To put it bluntly I am bored,i have more fun back home.

Before I either took a friend with me here to Pattaya,OR i knew many farang barowners and used to frequent their bar on a daily basis and they would always be there and we would chat all day.

Unfortanetely the two bar owners I went to are now gone back to their home Countries and the bargirls I used to know are also not here.

I spend my nights sitting in different bars by myself ,sometimes I see groups of farangs talking but they all seem to be in a click and well known to each other.

I did make an effort in one bar in Soi Bukhcow but the one customer completely ignored me and another also seemed interested in not talking,Maybe I should long term a thai girl ,do you think that would be a good idea?

I am thinking about changing plans and dates to go back to Pert,Australia early,I dont think another 4 weeks here I could stand.

Is there any Clubs,Bars that you know that are friendly and not people sitting by themselves ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, holidaying in the same place, no matter how great it might be fist time around, never works. Ever. Unless you've had a break of a decade or so. There's enough in the way of routine in one's daily life, without extending it to your holiday.

What you need is something different. Why don't you jump on a bus or get in a taxi, and go somewhere fresh and new?

Edited by rixalex

You are in a sad way TerryChris. Ask yourself, what did you come to Pattaya for. It's all here and available to all. Having said that, don't expect to meet guys at Bar Beers and think you're going to be involved in discusions concerning the meaning of life. Most guys in Bar Beers are there to meet and chat up Pussy. They won't have much time for you my friend. If you can find a sports bar and there are many in Pattaya and The Dark Side, you'll be very likely to strike up some sort of conversation and it will very likely expend into something more than just football. Soi Metro off Soi Baokhaw have many such bars if you don't have transport but if you do have wheels try The Outback Bar in Siam Country Club Road.

Good luck.

Yes get out of the bars, it is too boring in the long run. I you haven't seen anything but Pattaya in Thailand you missed a lot, the country is really beautiful, mountains up North beaches down South, your pick. Depending on your age and wallet you can catch a bus or fly or even rent a motor bike if you can ride.

If you want to stay in the bars it should be easy to find somebody to talk to, I see a lot of bored looking single men sitting around and sure some of them wants to talk.

Not your fault. The place is just dead these days. The exchange rates/economies are keeping guys back home I'm afraid. Maybe it will come back to life in a year or two.

Forget any meaningful conversation. If you do not into b/f'ing a girl, stay home in your room. All the rest is a total waste of time and money. Or you go out, take as many drinks as you can, until the world is pink again (not a longterm solution though).

Yes get on a bus, explore Bangkok...whatver.

Just wonder why anyone would fly many thousands of mile to sit in a bar by themselves?

Beats me how anyone can sit in a bar in pattaya and actually sit alone without company (invited or not).

Agreed defiantly a troll, or poor April Fool'er.

Just wonder why anyone would fly many thousands of mile to sit in a bar by themselves?

Beats me how anyone can sit in a bar in pattaya and actually sit alone without company (invited or not).

Agreed defiantly a troll, or poor April Fool'er.

oh really ? I am talking about farang company not thai bargirls.

I may start bringing a friend with me again rather than come here solo next time .

Edited by terrychris

Unfortunatly, you have come across the "saddos" of the world who frequent places such as Pattaya (not that there aren't plenty of them in other places as well!!!!) But, remember, its coming into low season, so you will be seeing a lot of longstayers and expats, mixed in with the dregs of the usual holidaymakers You even have saddos replying to your post, along with some pretty sage advice.

I also get a bit antsy after a time in Pattaya, and thats WITH friends along for the trip. Its normally cured with a trip away somewhere for a few days

You are in similar position, so just take off (either with female company or not) and visit other areas for a few days. Lots of places already mentioned, but i will throw a couple into the mix, too.

Last time i got to the stage of needing a break from Pattaya, i booked a mini break to Chiang Mai, taking with me, my own "entertainment" if you catch my drift. We went on the overnight sleeper train going, and flew back with Air Asia. Only about 4 days, if memory serves me well, but..........enough to recharge the batteries.

You could, of course, try the West coast (on your own) Places like Cha-am, for instance have a concentrated expat community, many of whom aren't so up themselves, as to being in so much of a clique.

You work hard for your time away from home, so make the best you can of the time.

Dont just think of Thailand as Pattaya...get out and see a bit.

You will REALLY see the worst (or best) of Pattaya in about 2 weeks from now, when they have Songkran. Its not so frenetic, or long in other places. Read up on here about it

HTH

Penkoprod

If you need company because you can't stand you're own, then look for a good looking Thai girl (speaks Engrish) that doesn't work in a bar and set yourself a challenge, it isn't expensive, you can trundle around looking in travel agents, restaurants, reception centres etc. for a nice girl who works during the day and off at night and try your luck, or go to English themed pubs like Queen Victoria in Soi 6 for male chat with farangs, or book an organised trip to somewhere where you'll be in a Group, so you can try something new with a load of others, for that try the travel agents again...!! They'll tell you what's on etc. so there can be lots of opportunities to do something else completely new and something to really look forward to...!! Good Luck...!!

..........;)

If you need company because you can't stand you're own, then look for a good looking Thai girl (speaks Engrish) that doesn't work in a bar and set yourself a challenge, it isn't expensive, you can trundle around looking in travel agents, restaurants, reception centres etc. for a nice girl who works during the day and off at night and try your luck, or go to English themed pubs like Queen Victoria in Soi 6 for male chat with farangs, or book an organised trip to somewhere where you'll be in a Group, so you can try something new with a load of others, for that try the travel agents again...!! They'll tell you what's on etc. so there can be lots of opportunities to do something else completely new and something to really look forward to...!! Good Luck...!!

..........;)

All of the above can be found in Pattaya New Plaza. Plus, always seem to find good company there, be it BG or farang.

Try it.

Also, don't stay in a soul-less hotel. Try a guest house in the Soi Buakhow area. Most of the owners are excellent hosts and you'll soon get to know the other guests who are invariably chatty.

Good luck.

Edited by Soi Sauce

bored in pattaya!!! there are endless things to due, pick a hobby and its here even bowls and ball room dancing. your better on your own, i always go out on my own and hate it when somebody tags on. you can go where you like. immigration have put the kibosh on bar owners being around, but cant you chat to the girls. long term TGF well what happens to her when you go home, and you will have to pay here and when your back. try differnt areas, attend other forums weekly get togethers there are plaenty going on at least 2 per week and you will meet other. ex pat club. have a night in naklua or jontiem. to be honest i like talking to others when out but i do like to wonder around and tourist and ex pats dont mix to well i have found as tourist always seem to know more than ex pats about the place. but other forums cater for guys like you on holiday, where as for me this forum is more ex pat orientated. PM if you want a forum that caters for guys in your situation.

still perth is a nice place.

Try Rabbi's Elephant Bar on Soi Baukeau owned by another Aussie, lots of customer visit regularly, introduce yourself to Rabbi (he is not one just looks like one) tell him you want to meet some of the regulars he will introduce you around. Also a good place for golf and a good healthy breakfast.