Proof Of 100K In Bank For Kl Imm.

To get a 1 year Non-O visa from Kuala Lumpur, do they accept proof of 100,000 in my Thai bank account from an original bank headed letter of confirmation of funds that is also rubber stamped and signed?

If so, how long is the letter valid for? I got it yesterday, but likely to get visa in the latter part of April or early May.

What if I were to take out money from the account to below 100k before applying for the visa?

No need for seasoning or even for the money to be in a bank acocunt in Thailand. But it must be there when you apply for the visa. After that you can spend it.

I don't think you can get a one year visa anywhere. You must mean a 90 Day non-O. You can get one year extensions in country only. My experience with KL is that they would like to see copies, but they may have changed their procedure.

KL is a very visa friendly place, with friendly staff if you have the proper docs. Good luck, and enjoy KL.

The 100k is due to pay my kid's schooling later this month, but as I recently got married, it would be ideal to get the 1 year Non-O visa in KL based on marriage/money before having to pay the school fees. Whether it can be done in time before Songkran/fees due, I'm not sure. That's why I asked about using the bank's letter. They did ask me if it was for immigration.

So is it definitely only the bank book + copy that can be used, or is the bank letter acceptable as an alternative?

Edited by lopburi3
flame to flame removed

Having recently got married, all regersted ect, im still on a retirement visa, question is, if we went to KL, would we get a marriage visa?

The funds and paperwork are all in place, any translations needed?

Thanks, Lickey.

Having recently got married, all regersted ect, im still on a retirement visa, question is, if we went to KL, would we get a marriage visa?

The funds and paperwork are all in place, any translations needed?

Thanks, Lickey.

You could get a one year multi-entry Non-Immigrant "O" Visa if you show 100K Baht in the bank, but you would have to exit Thailand every 90 days. If you have an "Extension of Stay" based on retirement, just change the reason for the "Extension of Stay"(Not a visa) to marriage.

If you have a retirement visa or extension of stay why would you want to change? That allows a one year stay - a multi entry non immigrant visa only allows 90 days per visit. If you want to change extension of stay reason that can be done at immigration and instead of 65k or 800k or combo would be 40k of 400k for marriage but would require wife and under review period and a lot more paperwork/copies. There are only two advantages of marriage over retirement - less financial requirement and a work permit can be issued if you desire to work.