Re-Entry Permit, How Long Valid?

If someone is in Thailand with a one year ext because of marriage, but they need to return to the UK for six months, is it possible to do this with a re-entry permit?

How long is the Re-entry permit valid for? Is it valid for the length of the Extension of stay, so is it possible to leave for six months and return before the Extension of stay has expired?

Anyone done this? Is this the best way, or is it better to just leave and get a new O visa when ready to return?

Correct, the re-entry permit keeps the current permission to stay date valid when exiting Thailand, it does not add time. I suppose it depends if you are sure that you will return before the permission to stay expires or not.

The re-entry remains valid for the length of your visa.

So in reply to your question you can stay for 6 months.

I would not advise to let a 1 year visa expire when not necessary, might be frowned upon with your next visa request.

Yermanee

It is valid until the "Permission to Stay" date, not until the visa expires, and the one year "Extension of Stay" is not a visa. I do agree that it could save the cost of a visa application fee if you return and apply for a new extension rather than let it expire.

It is valid until the "Permission to Stay" date, not until the visa expires, and the one year "Extension of Stay" is not a visa. I do agree that it could save the cost of a visa application fee if you return and apply for a new extension rather than let it expire.

Thanks beechguy, that makes sense, it seems this is the way to do it, rather than just returning and getting a new Visa when i am ready to come back.