Review Of Bobs Bbq Restaurant

actiondell4

I was actually quite satisfied with the quality and taste of all the items that I have eaten there. I do however, with the exceptions of the 100 baht lunch items, think they are overpriced. Some of, maybe most of the burgers I have had in Pattaya were absolutely horrible. A hamburger should be 100 percent beef with no fillers or spices added.

Bit of an oximorun there; "A hamburger should be 100% beef...."!!

no oxymoron here, as "ham" and "hamburger" are etymologically unrelated

The term relates to the city of Hamburg where for centuries a fried meat patty was squeezed into a halved bread roll. German immigrants exported this to the US. Similar to the Hanoverans coming to the rescue of the British Empire after the house of Stuart wasn't able to produce a heir to the throne. They brought along fried fish served with fried potatoes...

I was actually quite satisfied with the quality and taste of all the items that I have eaten there. I do however, with the exceptions of the 100 baht lunch items, think they are overpriced. Some of, maybe most of the burgers I have had in Pattaya were absolutely horrible. A hamburger should be 100 percent beef with no fillers or spices added.

Bit of an oximorun there; "A hamburger should be 100% beef...."!!

no oxymoron here, as "ham" and "hamburger" are etymologically unrelated

The term relates to the city of Hamburg where for centuries a fried meat patty was squeezed into a halved bread roll. German immigrants exported this to the US. Similar to the Hanoverans coming to the rescue of the British Empire after the house of Stuart wasn't able to produce a heir to the throne. They brought along fried fish served with fried potatoes...

...well not a protestant heir anyway. But thanks for the fish & chips George.

Bobs was not really very good when Bob was still the owner. I went for the 180 or 200 rib special on Wed or Mon night a couple of years ago. It was OK. But Bob did not have a special listed on the menu. The waitress had to go to Bob for approval. Saw special advertised on one of the Pattaya TV news channels.

I think this really hits the nail on the head. When the original guy opened it such fayre was very thin on the ground and people warmed even to his modest offerings. It quickly went downhill but if truth be known, it didn't have far to fall. It was dire for a long time.

Bob then sold it and lots of comments were made by the new owner who then mysteriously seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. Now remember Bob wanted millions of it and eventually sold it for a handful of used notes. Personally I'd have ditched the name as it is more of a hindrance than an asset.

Now Pattaya has loads of better restaurants and miles more choice for the western palate. I don't see how this joint can come back and I think it will be terminal.

Probably most of the customers are clueless tourists. Hence they don't give a flying load if some expat doesn't come back. <_<

Quite the opposite actually. Perhaps that is why it fails so magnificently.

Bobs was not really very good when Bob was still the owner.

I think this really hits the nail on the head. When the original guy opened it such fayre was very thin on the ground and people warmed even to his modest offerings. It quickly went downhill but if truth be known, it didn't have far to fall. It was dire for a long time.

Now Pattaya has loads of better restaurants and miles more choice for the western palate.

This is true of many of the old time Western restaurants all over Thailand. New ones are opening all the time with owners who are real restaurateurs and the old ones become obsolete.

Bob was a carecther. I remember when he was cookiing on WS b4 he opened his bbq joint. He was much more upbeat in those days. I ran into him at Subway about a month before he sold and moved back. Not a happy camper.

I went past this place last night,small shop but seem a few customers they had but i went to robins nest much cheaper.

That has got to truly be like comparing chalk and fkn moon cheese!!!:blink:

Bob's died a death when they moved from the Pattaya Tai location next to the Shell station, at that time they did indeed hold the "Guinness World Record" for the worlds biggest burger, fkn thing was about 3 feet across, i rember they said that you could order one of these if you gave them 24 hours notice!!:lol:

This must be the truest quote on here though....

This is true of many of the old time Western restaurants all over Thailand. New ones are opening all the time with owners who are real restaurateurs and the old ones become obsolete.

The times they are a changin for sure in downtown Pattaya!!