Thai Immigation In Alanyaprathet?

My wífe who has the power of attorney from the Metropolitan Police in my Ampur. I have been life threatening sick with heart attacks, heart failure, stokes, enlarged prostate and largely bed-ridden for the last year. I originally had a retirement visa but could not make the trip to Bangkok to have a new statement of my income, so I have had under treatment visa for 90 day periods that I pay 1900 baht for. The office boys in Alan continually insult her and disregard the doctors papers and I am being treated in 3 different Thai hospitals and have papers and brain scans from them. In the beginning they told me I can continue on with this visa until I am better. The police have also visited my home. Now they say it has been to long on under treatment visas. They even advised me not to have a visa at all by the General in question. There is one large fat office boy who insults my wife, Now I will try and leave this country forever in June. Now the question I am asking is should I report these office workers to the proper authorities or not? They have given today to my wife what they say is the last 90 day visa. I already have a ticket but they do not know that. I am really angry and tired of them because they are Thai and my wife is Isaan Khmen, and that is what I think is the problem. also they have asked me for 5000 baht which I only gave 3000 and they were happy. Is it the same everywhere, or only in Alanyaprathet?

Corruption should be reported to your embassy and let them deal with it.

If trouble with extensions you can call the immigration hotline and explain your situation and ask for advise. If need be they contact the immigration office and tell them how to proceed. Tel: 1178.

Sure does not sound like aran immg. I found it one of the best immg. offices in Thailand always friendly and helpful. Sorry for your problems and hope all works out.

I agree with you. I find the people at Aryan. imm. to be truely professional. I have seen them providing services for the local Khmer and I think they are professional. I hope all works out for you.

Sorry to hear of your health issues and best wishes, it will be a very stressful time for you.

Until last month we lived in Sa Kaeo province so Aranyaprathet office was my 'local', I never had any issues with them though my interactions were always straightforward; yet our nearest neighbour had bother every single time he went there, on one occasion sent to Bangkok for more papers re his marriage visa, then told he didn't need them, after all. Without fail there would be problems every time he dealt with them.

Again, best wishes for a recovery.

All Immigration Officers are members of The Royal Thai Police force but serving with the Immigration Bureau which is a separate Police Division. Due to the fact that they have to deal with the public a have a slightly different uniform to show they are Immigration Officials.

All policy of the Immigration Bureau is set by The Royal Thai Police Special Branch.

BB