Taking A Few Bottles Of Thai Beer

brianbrain

I'm off to the UK in the next couple of weeks and was thinking of buying a few presents. Bit stuck for ideas, but sure the brother in law would appreciate a few bottles of Thai beer. Sure it would have the knock-on effect of keeping my sister happy too. So, how much (if any) am I able to take to the UK without customs problems?

Cheers :o

I'm off to the UK in the next couple of weeks and was thinking of buying a few presents. Bit stuck for ideas, but sure the brother in law would appreciate a few bottles of Thai beer. Sure it would have the knock-on effect of keeping my sister happy too. So, how much (if any) am I able to take to the UK without customs problems?

Cheers  :o

When travelling from outside the EU to the UK you are allowed to bring in the following, provided you travel with the items and do not intend to sell them.

200 cigarettes; or 100 cigarillos; or 50 cigars; or 250 gms of tobacco

2 litres of still table wine

1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22% volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine, sparkling wine or other liqueurs

60cc/ml of perfume

250cc/ml of toilet water

£145 worth of all other goods including gifts and souvenirs

Edited by loong

Cheers  :o

When travelling from outside the EU to the UK you are allowed to bring in the following, provided you travel with the items and do not intend to sell them.

1 litre of spirits or strong liqueurs over 22% volume; or 2 litres of fortified wine, sparkling wine or other liqueurs

60cc/ml of perfume

250cc/ml of toilet water

Sorry, I forgot to add that Beer is included in the £145 worth of other goods,

So you can bring as much as you'd like to carry, I think.

You are allowed 110 Litres if arriving from EU.

Ah, you can buy Chang in the UK but it's the watered-down export version - rawang!

I used to sell Chang,Singha and Bangkok Beer ( Amarin), and beleive me it is not watered down. I think all three ran out at 6.5%, not exactly sure of the figures but I know it was a tad stronger than over here. Chang might have been 6.8. To buy it in the big Supermarkets ie Win Yip,See Woo etc, its about 90p a bottle. Waitrose sell Singha for around 1.40/1.50. The only UK dealer for Chang is Rumrang of Reading( or that area) You can always call Secrets Farm in Reading where the Thai festival is cause they're the same crowd.

Okay guys, many thanks for the advice. I hadn't realised that most Thai beers are (probably) so readily available in the UK. In reply to the poster who suggested "Ha Ha, you can't like him much then!" :D well all I can say is that you have never tried my brother-in-law's home brew. Anything has to be an improvement on that stuff! :o

60cc/ml of perfume

250cc/ml of toilet water

Thank you for the informative post.

I hadn't realised that most Thai beers are (probably) so readily available in the UK.

You'd still probably have to go out of your way to find it. I never saw any Thai beer in the local offy in London. But you'll probably find it in an Asian supermarket. Depends where you are. I heard Chang's on tap in some Liverpool pubs.

I hadn't realised that most Thai beers are (probably) so readily available in the UK.

You'd still probably have to go out of your way to find it. I never saw any Thai beer in the local offy in London. But you'll probably find it in an Asian supermarket. Depends where you are. I heard Chang's on tap in some Liverpool pubs.

if yu say the same crowd that does the thai festival do beer chang then why did they not have any at the festival. it was all singha: i hate the stuff!