Sukhumbhand Proposes Building New ‘Skybangkok’ On Top Of Old One

Boater

SATIRE

20061208highline1-300x213.jpg An artist's imagining of the proposed sky city.

BANGKOK In his boldest urban renewal proposal to date, Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra unveiled plans to build an entirely new city at Skytrain elevation, leaving the old one behind for a prosperous new life in SkyBangkok.

Bangkok is a hopeless quagmire of congestion, filth and bad planning, said Sukhumbhand at a press conference today. So lets just start over, in the sky. Whos with me?

The gleaming new SkyBangkok will feature 188 kilometers of elevated pathways and retail property, green space and clean restrooms. It will follow the existing BTS line as well as its completed and proposed extensions on the Green, Red, and Purple lines, as well as other major city roads. The SkyBangkok project will cost Bt9,280 billion and will be completed by 2022.

In addition to connecting to every BTS station and MRT stations where possible, SkyBangkok will also link to every office building, mall and condominium of six storeys or higher.

Further Reading Here

Moving to Pub

At the risk of a kicking from the boys on scooters, I have to say that moving the thread to the pub was - counterproductive / thwarting / futile, since here, we take nothing seriously, and therefore the irony of the labelling "Satire"in big red letters, will be wasted, since no-one will take the post sreriously anyway...

SC

Sounds like another White Elephant project for Bangkokians. The authorities really don't understand priorities, apart from their futuristic dreams of waste and want.

sounds like "NOTTHENATION"

Is there an English word for 'Satire'?

Is every day April 1st here? How do posters learn such gullibility? Too much time in Soi 5?

SC

Sounds like another White Elephant project for Bangkokians. The authorities really don't understand priorities, apart from their futuristic dreams of waste and want.

Is every day April 1st here? How do posters learn such gullibility? Too much time in Soi 5?

SC

Didn't think that I needed to attach the proverbial "sarcasm" emoticon.......some don't pick up on so easy as satire. * :whistling: *

SC

i think it shouldnt have been moved from Genral, or if moved to The Bangkok Forum ..... this threads, although Satire, do stir up a good amount of debate on the forums......

I think it's a great idea.

Hide all of the old buildings and build a new better looking Bangkok and as it is elevated no more worries about flooding.

Finally some out of the box thinking.

:clap2:

I think it's a great idea.

Hide all of the old buildings and build a new better looking Bangkok and as it is elevated no more worries about flooding.

Finally some out of the box thinking.

:clap2:

Snotthenation.

Too bad they paid up on their hosting fees. :(

Hard to understand why people think their stuff is even remotely humorous? Oh right, I forgot the "target audience". :D

Boater, do you get some renumeration for linking? Or do you actually think this stuff is funny?

Edited by lomatopo