Non-Imm O How To Extend Based On Marriage ?

Am a British female passport holder who has been in Thailand pretty much for the last 3 yrs on various visas (tourist,volunteer,non-Imm O)

I obtained a non-Imm 'O' from Hull (purposes of visting family and friends) in Aug 2010, this is due to expire Aug 2011

I am wondering what my options are for staying in Thailand long term. I am thinking that the only option I have is the marriage visa route (I am happily with a Thai boyfriend, but don't like the idea of putting anything on paper)

However, perhaps this is my only choice as one cannot use tourist/voluntneer visas forever.

I'm not in a situation to set up a company/business, not old enough to retire. So........

So if marriage is the only route, if I get married at the amphur, is it just a case of applying for an extension on my current Non-O ? Instead of exiting the country to apply for a marriage visa?

How long are the extensions for, and how does it work?

I'm sure this has been asked a million x before, but what is the procedure/docs needed to apply for extension based on marriage?

Will probably apply in Chiang Mai

Thanks,

PS My visa utilisation date is Aug 2011, my permission to stay is until June 25th, so when should I start to apply for the extension?

ED-visa is the popular option right mow.

If you get married you will get 1 year extension of stay.

You can do it with your current O-visa.

No need for female to show any income or money in bank that men must do.

From Police order 777/2551

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse):

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

Paperwork.

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office (not older than six months)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy husbands house registration

6. Copy husbands identity card

7. Copy passport, non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency

10. Picture of house and family, in house and outside showing house number.

Edited by PoorSucker

Thanks, do you know what would be the deadline to apply for this extension? I've heard something like 30days before last permission to stay/ 30days before expiry of visa ??

Then do the grant you the extension there and then, or I've heard something about 30 day consideration??

You normally apply during the last 30 days of your permitted to stay stamp (although Jomtien allows up to 60 days at last report). There will be a 30 day under review period before the final extension is granted.

Thanks, do you know what would be the deadline to apply for this extension? I've heard something like 30days before last permission to stay/ 30days before expiry of visa ??

Then do the grant you the extension there and then, or I've heard something about 30 day consideration??

For extension of stay based om marriage:

Within last 30 days of stay.

They will give you a 30 day "under consideration stamp" because they have to send the papers to BKK.

Then you have to go to the immigration office again to for your 1 year stamp

Routine stuff, do not worry.