Mingkwan Bloc: Decide Fast On Prime Minister Candidate

webfact

Mingkwan bloc: decide fast on PM

By The Nation

MP Mingkwan Sangsuwan's faction in the opposition Pheu Thai yesterday pushed for the party's executive board to make clear soon its candidate for prime minister, as Mingkwan's chances appeared to be fading.

"Society is waiting for the answer to who is the party's prime minister candidate," MP Pirapan Palusuk said.

Not only were the party's MPs anxious to hear the decision and the reason to support the executive board's choice, but voters also needed to know, he said.

"The party's leaders must listen to the voices of constituents as expressed through their MPs. They also have to heed the silent majority that has not made their decision - the middle class, businessmen and academics," Pirapan added.

He said Mingkwan told him he would remain with the Pheu Thai, dismissing media reports of his possible departure after being rebuked by fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra, who calls the shots at the party, for his ambition to become the party's PM candidate.

"But we will continue with the issue of the PM candidate," he added.

Thaksin had said that he would disclose the party's PM candidate after the dissolution of the House - expected early next month.

MP Surapong Tovichakchaikul, who is close to the main faction that is loyal to Thaksin's family, said any party member feeling uneasy about the matter should leave Pheu Thai to find a new home.

Pheu Thai's PM candidate must be Yingluck, Thaksin's younger sister, he said.

Surapong, a Chiang Mai MP, said he believes Thaksin would definitely pick Yingluck to go against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva of the Democrat Party.

Thaksin's sister would be the most trusted choice who could bring Thaksin back to Thailand, he said.

"No other choice is better than a person from Thaksin's own family," he said.

Thaksin was disappointed in the late Samak Sundaravej, who had admitted as prime minister that he was Thaksin's proxy, Surapong said.

Samak failed to secure a pardon for Thaksin, using the excuse that the political atmosphere was not right, Surapong said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-14

Thaksin would definitely pick Yingluck

Bonus points for Surapong for cutting through the fog and definitively stating the obvious.

Also quite telling is that despite being treated like trash, Mingkwan plans to stay with PTP.

Edited by Buchholz

Thaksin's sister would be the most trusted choice who could bring Thaksin back to Thailand, he said.

Leaving aside that there is nothing preventing him from returning anytime, except his own fear of outstanding court-cases, this shows anyone who doubted that PTP is a one-policy party, forget the poor or the economy or Cambodia, it is all about just ONE man.

"No other person is better than a choice from Thaksin's own family" he said.

And thus the clear intention is spelled-out, for all to plainly see, this is an attempt to establish a political dynasty, is there any wonder that the military felt a coup was necessary in September 2006 ?

"Any party member feeling uneasy about the matter should leave Pheu Thai to find a new home"

One can only agree with Chiang Mai MP Surapong, it is time for anyone in PTP possessing any remaining shreds of integrity, or interest in the poor or the country as-a-whole, to bail out. Before the house is dissolved & they are locked-into their party, for this election.

There may well be decent people on the PTP/Red-Shirt side, for example Khun Thida was willing to say publicly that the movement should be bigger than the former-PM, although there was no great rush of others to agree with her. But people like the used-and-abandoned Mingkwan, if they have any dignity, should surely now vote with their feet. B)

A very wise choice. As a former professional, I can only conclude that the amateurism in opposition (political marketing) is really on the verge of absurdity.

It never ceases to surprises me.

Whatever my thoughts are about the red shirt or the Democrats, wherever my thoughts are, I do not cease to laugh to these brilliant ideas in opposition.

In this situation, in such a constellation of political forces and the mood in the country, to mention anyone who is relative or family of Mr. T(h)aksin not only indicates a negative thing in politic such as nepotism (which already cost a lot the aforementioned gentleman, not so long time ago) but almost goes fairly straight to political suicide.

This is really counter productive.

In the marketing and psychological terms, nominated members of the family for high position is something that only serves to the ruling party, which now can endlessly to manipulate word nepotism (as plan to rule the country) and thus significantly to reduce the chances of the opposition to victory.

This much of dilettantism really became funny.

For the money they have, is better to have hired a professional marketing agency to them, to make a modern political campaign.

This statement reminds me of an unwritten rule in football.

The team that misses many chances for goal, eventually losing the match.

I would be the last person who would be happy to see democrats again on power but this way, it is possible as this statement of PTP is childish. Childish but so dangerous.

A very wise choice. As a former professional, I can only conclude that the amateurism in opposition (political marketing) is really on the verge of absurdity.

Whatever my thoughts are about the red shirt or the Democrats, wherever my thoughts are, I do not cease to laugh to these brilliant ideas in opposition.

In this situation, in such a constellation of political forces and the mood in the country, to mention anyone who is relative or family of Mr. T(h)aksin not only indicates a negative thing in politic such as nepotism (which already cost a lot the aforementioned gentleman, not so long time ago) but almost goes fairly straight to political suicide.

In the marketing and psychological terms, nominated members of the family for high position is something that only serves to the ruling party, which now can endlessly to manipulate word nepotism (as plan to rule the country) and thus significantly to reduce the chances of the opposition to victory.

For the money they have, is better to have hired a professional marketing agency to them, to make a modern political campaign.

I would be the last person who would be happy to see democrats again on power but this way, it is possible as this statement of PTP is childish. Childish but so dangerous.

It's Thaksin ... not T(h)aksin or Taksin.

The red shirts love Thaksin. Why is it political suicide to promote him or one of his family members? The red shirts and PTP supporters will continue to vote for PTP while there is a Thaksin nominee fronting for them.

Ofcourse, that won't win them a majority at the next election. It will only continue their dominance in red shirt areas. But they'd have no chance if they didn't keep Thaksin up there as their savior. With out Thaksin, the PTP would lose a lot of their funding, and they would lose their reason for being. Much like the yellow shirts lost their reason for being once Thaksin was out of the way.

It's Thaksin ... not T(h)aksin or Taksin.

The red shirts love Thaksin. Why is it political suicide to promote him or one of his family members? The red shirts and PTP supporters will continue to vote for PTP while there is a Thaksin nominee fronting for them.

Of course, that won't win them a majority at the next election. It will only continue their dominance in red shirt areas. But they'd have no chance if they didn't keep Thaksin up there as their savior. With out Thaksin, the PTP would lose a lot of their funding, and they would lose their reason for being. Much like the yellow shirts lost their reason for being once Thaksin was out of the way.

I explained clearly why it is political suicide. Seem you didn't read my post fully. It is counter productive, as giving a good chance to opposite side for attacks, exploiting just ONE word.

Yes, red shirt, poor people (but not only them) love that ousted PM and it is almost 2/3 of this country. Here, don't forget a big part of elite who have enormous money, chinese families so you will have larger picture about voters.

So, no need to mention any one from family of EX PM, with an "explanation" that voters like to see some of those people in positions. It is like a boomerang.

Yes, red shirt, poor people (but not only them) love that ousted PM and it is almost 2/3 of this country. Here, don't forget a big part of elite who have enormous money, chinese families so you will have larger picture about voters.

This part is in need of further clarification.

- Do you mean 'red shirt, poor people' love k. Thaksin AND form 2/3 of the population?

- 'big part of elite' Chinese family?

- 'larger picture'

Personally I think your statements only confuse the picture. Please more info :huh:

This part is in need of further clarification.

- Do you mean 'red shirt, poor people' love k. Thaksin AND form 2/3 of the population?

- 'big part of elite' Chinese family?

- 'larger picture'

Personally I think your statements only confuse the picture. Please more info :huh:

Ok, Rubl, i will try to.

Most of red shirts are from poor layer of society, poor people and most of them like ex PM. They are North Eastern part of the country. That part of country is 2/3 of population. More-less.

Yes, the part of elite in Thailand have enormous money. That part of elite are Chinese by father or grandfather, mixed blood as they have ancestors in the first or second line Chinese.

Such as the case with ex PM.

The old thing is that here Chinese families have money. Many times i could hear from westerners but also Thais that some around 40% of those people own 60% of money in Thailand.

Families with very big influence in society.

But that is nothing new in all history of Thailand.

Chinese always were here about trading.

Thai society bore very strong influence of Chinese culture. (also Indian, former time)

Larger picture about how huge number of population might be for ex PM and vote for him or his representatives in politic. Very serious thing and i am sure democrats know that as well.

In my opinion, even the follower of the party who is allied with democrats now and is from North East part, if they are faced to vote simply for or against Mr.Thaksin, they will vote for. My opinion.

And one more thing. Actual PM is thinking about new building for the Government.

He could make a large campaign for elections if he(democrats0 and Government published initiative that Government will start campaign' One school-one new classroom".

It would be a benefit for children and teachers who work with overcrowded classes and same time would be political point for the Government. Now, is too late for any big action.

I just have a hope all will be with no blood and for prosperity of Thais(whatever it is)

Ok, Rubl, i will try to.

Most of red shirts are from poor layer of society, poor people and most of them like ex PM. They are North Eastern part of the country. That part of country is 2/3 of population. More-less.

2/3's?

65 million Thais, 21 million people in Issan.

I just hope that the rest of your posts are are factual & as well researched as this one.:whistling:

Thaksin would definitely pick Yingluck

Bonus points for Surapong for cutting through the fog and definitively stating the obvious.

Also quite telling is that despite being treated like trash, Mingkwan plans to stay with PTP.

Mingkwan is spineless, thus proving the point of being unable to lead. Now it just a begging letter 'Here I am!' for hope of a future cabinet post. He does what he is told. This election is The Thaksin Story'. Don't anybody forget it. Oh, except the forum Thaksin apologists who will undoubtedly witter away from their common rooms.

I explained clearly why it is political suicide. Seem you didn't read my post fully. It is counter productive, as giving a good chance to opposite side for attacks, exploiting just ONE word.

So, no need to mention any one from family of EX PM, with an "explanation" that voters like to see some of those people in positions. It is like a boomerang.

2/3? Sometimes it's just really not worth the effort.

<snip>Most of red shirts are from poor layer of society, poor people and most of them like ex PM. They are North Eastern part of the country. That part of country is 2/3 of population. More-less.

<snip for brevity>

If "That part of country is 2/3 of the population", and they're all loyal Red-Shirt voters, why did Thaksin's nominee-party only get 1/3 of the national proportional-vote in the last election ? I believe that you may be over-stating your case, and getting your numbers wrong.

I would agree that he is still very popular, in that part of the country where he built his original factional-party, by signing-up the local feudal power-brokers, and do expect his latest nominee-party to be one of the two large minority-parties in the next election.

Mingkwan must now either accept that he will only have a subservient-role, to the party-owner and his family, or take his followers and move elsewhere to start a new minor-party or join one of the existing ones. I would hope, but am not 100% confident, that he can make his decision before the election is called. B)

Issan is ONE / THIRD of the population.

Not 2/3rd.

A significant block, and apparently one where information reaching it is easier to control. So those that control the flow of information and control the feudal underlords network can then control a significant block of voters. As we have seen.

The question is, will the rest of the voters ignore their narrow parochial voting concerns this election and vote in an informed manner against the misinformed block being cynically manipulated?

If this country had a 2nd run off election for the two biggest parties if none get 50.1% in the 1st election, then the country could speak between it's two favorite choices with one voice. Not diluted into 35 fractious voices in the wilderness.

And this would limit the horse trading of blocks for cabinet seats before elections.

Edited by animatic

Ok, Rubl, i will try to.

2/3's?

65 million Thais, 21 million people in Issan.

I just hope that the rest of your posts are are factual & as well researched as this one.:whistling:

yes, you are right and i made a typo, sorry. It is 1/3 of population.

For the rest of my posts about it, my source is OFFICIAL and it is Public Relation Department, Office of the Prime Minister, author is Mr. Sujit Wongset and any one can search for further and valid information on their website www.prd.go.th

Also, to search for more valid information about Thailand, check it in Fine Arts Department.

I don't rely much on Internet as it is not official.

Surapong, a Chiang Mai MP, said he believes Thaksin would definitely pick Yingluck to go against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva of the Democrat Party.

It appears now that others in the Pheu Thai Party want to contradict, among others, Pheu Thai Party MP Surapong and that the Shinawatra clan flew to Dubai only to splash water on Thaksin and that none of their visit involved politics. Oh, and also the PTP is saying they are not connected to the Red Shirts... cue the "It's not about Thaksin" brigade...

Pheu Thai Party to Soon Announce Election Candidates

The Pheu Thai spokesman said that the party did not appoint the sister of former Premier Thaksin to run for the Prime Minister post in the upcoming election.

Pheu Thai Party Deputy Spokesperson Jirayu Huangsub urged the Democrat Party to focus on administrating the country in the people's best interest, rather than accusing the Pheu Thai Party of appointing the sister of former Premier Thanksin Shinawatra, Yingluck Shinawatra, to run for the Prime Ministers post.

Jirayu confirmed that the Pheu Thai Party did not say they would appoint Yingluck to run for the Premier post during the upcoming election.

He clarified that Yingluck recently visited Thaksin to greet her brother during the Water Festival Holiday, and that the visit was personal, not political.

The Pheu Thai Party challenged the Democrat Party to run on policies and the party's work, and leave the decision to the people as to who would be most suitable to run the country.

Pheu Thai Party will announce their candidates for the Party-List tomorrow, and will announce their election campaign to their candidates at the Thammasat University Hall on April 23.

Jirayu went on the say that the Army should focus on creating harmony in the country, rather than being involved in political situations. He said it is not right for the Army Spokesman Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd to say that there is a political party behind the red-shirt movement.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-04-15

footer_n.gif

...He said it is not right for the Army Spokesman Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd to say that there is a political party behind the red-shirt movement.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-04-15

footer_n.gif

I'll agree with that. It's not just behind them, but totally mixed up with them. They're both working for the same boss.

Pheu Thai Party will announce their candidates for the Party-List tomorrow, and will announce their election campaign to their candidates at the Thammasat University Hall on April 23.

I'm sure than in light of all these Thaksin denials, the following date and location is just purely coincidental and that it doesn't negate the spokesman's assertions.

Or perhaps he's just simply forgotten the Thaksin announcement that was made ages ago.......... yesterday.

Thaksin also announced that he will provide suggestions to the Pheu Thai Party on 23 April 2011 via a video conference at Thammasat University Rangsit Campus in a hope that the advice will be used once the party becomes the government.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-04-14 footer_n.gif

The Pheu Thai spokesman said that the party did not appoint the sister of former Premier Thaksin to run for the Prime Minister post in the upcoming election.

That statement is correct.

They party did not appoint Yingluck to run fro PM. Thaksin did.

Once again, Mr. Thaksin has demonstrated his abilities in media management. Where's the election? Has one been called? Until the writ is filed, there is no need to name a candidate in an election that might never be held. Until then, his remaining quiet causes people to talk about him and his potential candidate. Free publicity.

Who cares if some farangs hate him and rage against him in Thai Visa. What counts are the people casting ballots. The slow measured announcement is focusing attention on his party and ys, the candidate. Hate him all you want, but when he blows sweet whispers there are those that react as if a force 5 hurricane hit them.Seems to me he controls the agenda. That's not the game plane Abhisit wants, not if he is hoping for victory.

Once again, Mr. Thaksin has demonstrated his abilities in media management. Where's the election? Has one been called? Until the writ is filed, there is no need to name a candidate in an election that might never be held. Until then, his remaining quiet causes people to talk about him and his potential candidate. Free publicity.

Who cares if some farangs hate him and rage against him in Thai Visa. What counts are the people casting ballots. The slow measured announcement is focusing attention on his party and ys, the candidate. Hate him all you want, but when he blows sweet whispers there are those that react as if a force 5 hurricane hit them.Seems to me he controls the agenda. That's not the game plane Abhisit wants, not if he is hoping for victory.

His remaining quiet?

Calling in to protests, and talking about the election. Twittering about the election. Interviews about the election.

That's not quiet.

His remaining quiet?

Calling in to protests, and talking about the election. Twittering about the election. Interviews about the election.

That's not quiet.

I was refering to being quiet as to the candidates name.

He's certainly got you thinking and writing about it, right? Hence the free publicity.

At the end of the day, it's potluck as far as I am concerned. ;) They really are all the same. Its like the different consistencies of poop. They might look different when laid, but after a few days, the stench is just as disturbing.

He's letting others do the runmor mongering, but also ensuring many of them lose face from being wrong on both dates, their positions in the hierarchy and the final outcomes. He's not silent, he is letting others step on their puds trying to look like they have a clue, no doubt with subtle prompts in the back ground.