Any Good Websites For New And Used Cars In Cm?

Solditallandmovedhere

There's one called cm2car or something like that. Google Chiang mai car, it will be on first page. They're all dealers with dealer prices.

Cmclub is a great place for private secondhand cars, but is in Thai, so you need a Thai to help you navigate the site (or Google translate)

Then thaivisa classified, bahtsold and Chiang mai citylife classified are good to check too.

I have talked to the owner of that building at the back of Ruam Chok Market. I live just down Maejo so I thought it would be nice to buy local. Lol! He gave me a test "ride" in a truck and scared the hell out of me with his driving. He seems very "matter of fact". You know, no time to chit chat! I am not sure if I can trust him becuase of this. He is the one that has the cars there 24/7. Like I said, I think he owns the building. Does anyone know him? Has anyone ever bought from him? I was considering using him but I got a very strong feeling from him. You know the one, either he is a complet sleeze bag or he knows more about cars than Mr. Ford himself. Right now I think he is my best option. He told me about a grading level system here in Thailand that ranks cars from A-something like E. Anyone ever heard of that. He said the better cars need bigger down payments and less repairs in the long run. Thats the problem. He basically just admitted that he sells lemons but if you have the money he will get you something nice. I guess I would be dumb not to realize that anywhere in the world is prety much the same. I just want to get a gauge on him. Man, I wish my Thai was better! I am just trying to get a hold on the system they use here as to avoid lemons. Ya know?

Cheers,

Thanks to Everyone

I have talked to the owner of that building at the back of Ruam Chok Market. I live just down Maejo so I thought it would be nice to buy local. Lol! He gave me a test "ride" in a truck and scared the hell out of me with his driving. He seems very "matter of fact". You know, no time to chit chat! I am not sure if I can trust him becuase of this. He is the one that has the cars there 24/7. Like I said, I think he owns the building. Does anyone know him? Has anyone ever bought from him? I was considering using him but I got a very strong feeling from him. You know the one, either he is a complet sleeze bag or he knows more about cars than Mr. Ford himself. Right now I think he is my best option. He told me about a grading level system here in Thailand that ranks cars from A-something like E. Anyone ever heard of that. He said the better cars need bigger down payments and less repairs in the long run. Thats the problem. He basically just admitted that he sells lemons but if you have the money he will get you something nice. I guess I would be dumb not to realize that anywhere in the world is prety much the same. I just want to get a gauge on him. Man, I wish my Thai was better! I am just trying to get a hold on the system they use here as to avoid lemons. Ya know?

Cheers,

Thanks to Everyone

do you want to buy a car,or the service history of the seller.

Cheers,

Thanks to Everyone

Beware beware beware......Thai car dealers have more patter than a centipede...PLEASE take your time..there are thousands of cars out there. Take the advice from the good honest and genuine replies you have received from may experienced posters here.

Buy in haste ..repent at leisure.

It is a buyers market and as fa as using a local Thai engineer to help you...you are leaving yourself wide open to them receiving a backhander for helping "their friend" sell a vehicle to you. Been ther and walke away once I received advice from friends at the time regarding the "system" here in Thailand.

Gonzo encapsulated everything with his post.

Patience patience patience. :-)

Edited by Raindancer

Every car salesmen I've come across here seems disinterested in me or my Thai wife as a customer. You have to practically beg for information, or for them to open some doors so you can look inside.

The exception was the new car dealer right at the meojo / 121 intersection. He is more like a western salesman, but very nice to talk to and helpful.

At the ruamchok market, on the Sunday, there usually are a few private sellers too. So its worth checking out. If nothing else, the prices are on the cars, so you are sure not toget farang prices.

I agree with this. Be sure not topay a mechanic till after their help. Go with a Thai friend you can trust too, to ensure no deal goes on between themechanic and the dealer. My wife fill s this role for me, and is always quick to sniff out the bs. :-)

Cheers,

Thanks to Everyone

Beware beware beware......Thai car dealers have more patter than a centipede...PLEASE take your time..there are thousands of cars out there. Take the advice from the good honest and genuine replies you have received from may experienced posters here.

Buy in haste ..repent at leisure.

It is a buyers market and as fa as using a local Thai engineer to help you...you are leaving yourself wide open to them receiving a backhander for helping "their friend" sell a vehicle to you. Been ther and walke away once I received advice from friends at the time regarding the "system" here in Thailand.

Gonzo encapsulated everything with his post.

Patience patience patience. :-)

taladrod.com

and

one2car.com

always have good selections and prices are average to a little bit high.

You can just about navigate around the former if you click on "all brands" and then choose from their make and model etc. The other you will probably need someone who reads Thai.

If I were you, I'd be looking at a brand new Nissan March. 375,000B for the entry level manual transmission or 425,000B for the best equipped manual transmission. Fuel economy of 26km/litre (3.85l/100km) means it'll hold its value in coming years as people look for fuel economy when oil hits $200 a barrel. On top of that the service you get from Nissan is going to give you peace of mind, all in given your current situation probably the best bet.

I'm looking into it and with a Thai guarantee, they wanted 96k down and 6800B/month over 4 years for the entry level model. I'm not up for paying 50k in interest, so I'm building up a larger deposit. Also, Toyota are bringing out a rival and I think the Kia Picanto is available here at a similar price.

All a much better option than buying a BMW which is going to fall apart week in week out, only drink the more expensive 91 benzene and drink it all rather more quickly.

If I were you, I'd be looking at a brand new Nissan March. 375,000B for the entry level manual transmission or 425,000B for the best equipped manual transmission. Fuel economy of 26km/litre (3.85l/100km) means it'll hold its value in coming years as people look for fuel economy when oil hits $200 a barrel. On top of that the service you get from Nissan is going to give you peace of mind, all in given your current situation probably the best bet.

Don't get the 375K base model though. Anything but that. The base model has really nasty, foamy seats. Any of the other models will do. 26km/l will be tough though. Not saying it's impossible, but it will likely require serious hyper-miling techniques to get better than 20km/l.

I'm looking into it and with a Thai guarantee, they wanted 96k down and 6800B/month over 4 years for the entry level model. I'm not up for paying 50k in interest, so I'm building up a larger deposit. Also, Toyota are bringing out a rival and I think the Kia Picanto is available here at a similar price.

DONT get the base model!! :) Go sit in it and see what the seats are like. They've skimped on other common stuff as well.

Haven't seen the Toyota yet. Did look at Honda's new eco car. That one has "I need to suck worse than the Jazz in every conceivable way" written all over it; Honda seem terrified that their eco car would eat into their very healthy Jazz/City pie. Kia..won't hold value as good as Honda/Toyota/Nissan.

EDIT: Have googled for the Toyota eco car.. Would that be the one designed for the Indian/ Third World market? (Etios) ? Don't like the sound of that..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

<br /><a href='http://www.chiangmai2car.com/chiangmai2car.php' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.chiangmai...iangmai2car.php</a><br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

and if you want a car that has been serviced properly, buy from a farang!

The OP question was, I quote:

Are there any good websites for buying cars here in Thailand? I am willing to travel to any provience to get the car, but one from Chiang Mai would be great

Unquote

<br /><a href='http://www.chiangmai2car.com/chiangmai2car.php' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.chiangmai...iangmai2car.php</a><br /><br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

and if you want a car that has been serviced properly, buy from a farang!

Ah, good old Farang Superiority Complex. :rolleyes:

Can only laugh at that.