Hull Changes In All Non-Immigrant Visas April 2011

Check your math - 60+30=90 + 60+30=180 or about six months - you leave and return before the six months for a new 60+30=270 days (almost) on a 3 entry visa.

Your 60+60+60+30=210 days (or a bit less)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why did your friend choose to have it return in UK ?? :unsure:

Maybe because of this proviso on the Hull website:

Visas applications are accepted only from persons who are residing in the UK at the time of application.

This is exactly why. The UK also didn't sign the Schengen Agreement so you can't just say that you are living in the UK. Even sending it from France was not the best idea in my view though Hull must likely just have some office junior opening the mail, discarding the envelope and putting the PP and other documents in a folder. If the return address is outside the UK then that would have a higher chance of setting alarm bells ringing.

Check your math - 60+30=90 + 60+30=180 or about six months - you leave and return before the six months for a new 60+30=270 days (almost) on a 3 entry visa.

Your 60+60+60+30=210 days (or a bit less)

Seems that a lot of people return to their home country for a month or so during the summer so one trip down to Panang for example to abtain another single entry or perhaps a double does enough. Seems that if you are out of the kingdom for a month then the non rule of maximum 3 back to back visas does not apply. In addition to this, the first visa would be issued outside the region such as France with only one issued within the region.

Has anyone obtained a visa from Birmingham for visiting friends/family?

Or stating spouse as reason for visit and providing only an ID card given that getting married in a Wat gives you no documentation...

Or stating spouse as reason for visit and providing only an ID card given that getting married in a Wat gives you no documentation...

I just received my Non O from Birmingham.

Stated as above and enclosed copy of 30 year lease.

I just received my Non O from Birmingham.

Stated as above and enclosed copy of 30 year lease.

Congratulations

Saw that monk again today, they really are pissed about the marriage issue. I don't think it's the changes at Hull as such but I think Hull brought to the surface an issue they have been talking about for some time. Marriage is in the heart he said, it's not on a piece of paper. Wise words.

Birmingham will not issue non-o for 'visiting friends' (first hand knowledge from the other week).

To my knowledge the 'visiting friends' has been removed everywhere so I am not surprised. The visiting spouse has not been changed however. I do wonder if Birmingham will refuse to issue a Non-O by providing a signed ID card rather than a marriage certificate from Thai wife if they got married in a Wat. Sitting not two feet away from me is a friend who obtained a Non-O from Hull using this very same method after the rule changes but he had been using this method for a number of years so as I mentioned to another poster earlier it could be because he already had his name on file. What I, and I would have thoulf we, want to know is will either issue a visa on first attempt? I suspect not but this is pure speculation. Ir's a bit like the Sun... It has risen every single morning for the last 43 years of my life but I cannot prove it will rise again in the morning.

4 years using Hull for non O and using a signed copy of my GF's ID card only and guess where I am today? Having been lurking on these boards for a number of years I can honestly say that much of the information is wrong. I felt I must join and pass on information to others which is accurate. After just getting here to great old friends I found he had returned with a treble entry 60 day visa from Panang for the third time which he says (I will check) this site says is not possible. He did show me the post which was from a member with quite a number of posts but it was on his laptop and he has gone home now so I cannot point to the members post though I do remember it being during the two months I was away. If a poster is sure then please say so otherwise say that they are not sure. I give this information and opinion only to help others.

RS

4 years using Hull for non O and using a signed copy of my GF's ID card only and guess where I am today? Having been lurking on these boards for a number of years I can honestly say that much of the information is wrong. I felt I must join and pass on information to others which is accurate. After just getting here to great old friends I found he had returned with a treble entry 60 day visa from Panang for the third time which he says (I will check) this site says is not possible. He did show me the post which was from a member with quite a number of posts but it was on his laptop and he has gone home now so I cannot point to the members post though I do remember it being during the two months I was away. If a poster is sure then please say so otherwise say that they are not sure. I give this information and opinion only to help others.

RS

I rang them last week and the girl at the consulate informed me that "they have changed the rules" . She told me if you have no family then you cannot get a Non-O visa, I would love to know a way around it though.

There are people on here that sometimes post wrong information just like in any other forum, however there are a great deal of people that are very knowledgeable about Thai visa information. Usually if posts are incorrect they soon get corrected.

...After just getting here to great old friends I found he had returned with a treble entry 60 day visa from Panang for the third time which he says (I will check) this site says is not possible...

One reads rarely about somebody getting a triple-entry tourist visa, perhaps because hardly anybody ever has a need for it, ie needs to travel to Thailand for tourist purposes three times within the validity period of such visa.

I wonder if you could persuade your friend to scan the visa and post it here, as I would like to add it to the ThaiVisa gallery

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/gallery/album/1006-current-stamps-of-visas-extensions-etc/

RS

I rang them last week and the girl at the consulate informed me that "they have changed the rules" . She told me if you have no family then you cannot get a Non-O visa, I would love to know a way around it though.

There are people on here that sometimes post wrong information just like in any other forum, however there are a great deal of people that are very knowledgeable about Thai visa information. Usually if posts are incorrect they soon get corrected.

Marriage (spouse) have been an option for years adn has not changed thought if you are a first applicant then I have no idea.

RS

the issue here is the definition of family and if an id card is enough, I've been using Hull for years but thankfully I'm now over 50 and have a pension so not really an issue for me, hard to understand why Thailand have decided to make it so difficult for a select few visitors/residens who don't now qualify but still want to live here.

Marriage (spouse) have been an option for years adn has not changed thought if you are a first applicant then I have no idea.

Be careful here: MrJohnno and some other posters here talked about their wife but are NOT legally married. They only married in a temple, which has absolutely no value for administration and/or visas...

Hi Guys

Ok apologies if this is same same but i have not seen a good answer on this section as yet so need to know if you have advice thanks in advance.

SITUATION - Me, my Ferang wife and daughter have been living in Thailand last 12 months my father and my father in law live and are married to Thai ladies in Thailand, we have been staying on Non O's with myself on Non B, i have just sent my wife and daughter back to the UK to visit family and to apply for new non o visas for the both of them, but have just come across all this change.

As we have family living, married and working in Thailand do we just get copys of there passports, work permits, and letter from then and send with my wifes application in the UK? will this be suffice for new visas?

Thanks Guys i feel for everybody in this situation and thank you fro your replys guys ;)

Your wife and daughter are not affected by the changes discussed here. They should have no problem getting a visa with the same documents they used for their previous visa application, ie proof of family relationship (marriage certificate for your wife, birth certificate for your daughter)

1. You refer to a work permit. Is it you who have this work permit? Do you have an annual extension of stay for the reason of working in Thailand? If this were the case, your wife and daughter could also get annual extensions of stay and thus would only need a re-entry permit to re-enter Thailand on their return from the UK, ie no future need to apply for a non-O visa from a Thai consulate.
  2. You say your father and your father-in-law are married to Thai nationals. Is your father's wife not your mother? Is your father-in-law's wife not the mother of your wife? If they were your respective mothers, you, your wife and your daughter would all be Thai nationals and could get Thai passports and thus would no longer need visas, extensions of stay and re-entry permits.

To me it sounds are if they do not meet any criteria for issue of non immigrant visas but have re-read half a dozen times as not sure who is what is where or how.

But it appears only parents of these people have Thai spouse (and not related to children) and as they are not underage dependents they have no status. If poster can obtain (or has) a one year extension of stay for work then they could obtain non immigrant visa as dependents of him and extend to match. But if his is a 90 day visa entry foreign family have not such status.

Thanks Maestro

In answer

My Dad has been living in Thailand 7 years over the age of 50 and married to a Thai Lady

My Felang Wifes Father is Married to a Thai Lady also and has been living in Thailand for 15 years

The above with proof be suffice?

Im on a B Visa waiting to get a work permit within the next few months once i have this yes things will be easier but for now my wife and daughter are in the UK to get new O Visas so will try the same we did last time and see, bloody scary all this but i suppose looking at other posts its more for people abusing the systems rather than who have actually got family, work, etc to be in Thailand?

Unless the spouse of parents are mothers of the persons seeking visa they have no blood relationship to a Thai and a visa is not likely to be issued as that, or marriage, appears to be the criteria for issue of such a visa. If they have a blood relationship they should be dual citizens and not need a visa. The accepted proof of family per MFA web site is:

Birth Certificate ("O")

- Certifcate of Marriage or its equivalents ("O")

...After just getting here to great old friends I found he had returned with a treble entry 60 day visa from Panang for the third time which he says (I will check) this site says is not possible...

One reads rarely about somebody getting a triple-entry tourist visa, perhaps because hardly anybody ever has a need for it, ie needs to travel to Thailand for tourist purposes three times within the validity period of such visa.

I wonder if you could persuade your friend to scan the visa and post it here, as I would like to add it to the ThaiVisa gallery

http://www.thaivisa....extensions-etc/

I'll see what I can do, neither of us has a phone and he has no comp. It was only by chance that we bumped into each other but I will do my best

After telephoning Hull today, I asked if there was a way of obtaining a Non-O visa if I was married at a temple without the paperwork from the Amphur.

The answer was a straight "no", without a marriage certificate they cannot provide a Non-O visa (unless over 50 etc etc). The reason I am posting is purely to let people know that are in the same position as myself, what I have been told by the consulate and not just speculation.

The lady on the phone was very pleasant,helpful and generous with her time, this gave me the impression that if there was a way of getting a Non-O she would have assisted me in doing so.

After telephoning Hull today, I asked if there was a way of obtaining a Non-O visa if I was married at a temple without the paperwork from the Amphur.

The answer was a straight "no", without a marriage certificate they cannot provide a Non-O visa (unless over 50 etc etc). The reason I am posting is purely to let people know that are in the same position as myself, what I have been told by the consulate and not just speculation.

The lady on the phone was very pleasant,helpful and generous with her time, this gave me the impression that if there was a way of getting a Non-O she would have assisted me in doing so.

I'm sure my thanks will be repeated by many but I have one question. Was this a first application for a nonO from Hull?

Hull has provided me with both a TR visa (years ago) and several Non-O visa's.

This is really an inconvenience for me and I am not posting for pleasure.

Richardsmith I suggest you contact Hull to put your mind at rest, maybe they have tightened the rules since you received your visa?.

I suggest you contact Hull to put your mind at rest, maybe they have tightened the rules since you received your visa?.

The rules initially changed around last December so you had to show a lease in your name as the minimum requirement. This was then cancelled and the rules changed again in April this year to what we have now.

From what I can see they are now offering the same visas as any other consulate with the same requirements.

Richardsmith I suggest you contact Hull to put your mind at rest, maybe they have tightened the rules since you received your visa?.

Thank you for your input .It is not my situation however. A friend who I happened to bump into got a nonO via a signed copy of his GF's ID card less than 2 weeks ago BUT he had being doing so for quite some number of years.

Thank you for your input .It is not my situation however. A friend who I happened to bump into got a nonO via a signed copy of his GF's ID card less than 2 weeks ago BUT he had being doing so for quite some number of years.

The last time I recieved a Non-O, I actually went to the Hull consulate with my Thai GF as she was in the UK with me at the time. You sound adamant that this can be done, so I am going to give it a try as I don't travel for another six weeks.

Once I recieve my new passport from Liverpool then I will try. I will keep you posted.

The last time I recieved a Non-O, I actually went to the Hull consulate with my Thai GF as she was in the UK with me at the time. You sound adamant that this can be done, so I am going to give it a try as I don't travel for another six weeks.

Once I recieve my new passport from Liverpool then I will try. I will keep you posted.

I'm not adamant at all. All I am doing is simply passing on information. Another poster earlier in the thread was doing the same thing 'john' or something but I see than he is banned though I have no idea if it was due to this thread( I hope not) or something which he said on another. Thinking back is was mister which suggests gender as I remember, thought I could be wrong. 2 People ( I guess) have abtained nonO using a signed ID but they have benn doing so for some years which might tip it. What is needed is a first application being refused but there seems nobody at any level who gives a care! This is the main, no only, reason why I joined the forum... Memebers with thousands of posts are giving out information which is is either wrong or unsubstinated