Online Uk Food

sierra01

I’ve been looking at http://www.britsuperstore.com anyone ever use them? I haven’t been home for 2 years so I don’t know if their prices are ok or ott, but the postage costs seem to be way ott. Example; 2 packets of homewheat chocolate biscuits total 800 gms they want £7.42 surface mail (up to 3 months) and £12.52 airmail (up to 15 days). Add the £2.50 (special offer) for the biscuits and its £4.96 per packet surface mail and £7.51 per packet airmail, bl**dy expensive! I used to be a Maynards wine gum addict in Bognor, I think I’ll have to continue the cold turkey until I manage to visit the old country again. Here I can get M&S wine gums but they aren’t quite the same as Maynards :o By the way, they reckon their postage costs are 50% lower than Joe public would pay to send anything to LOS.

I’ve been looking at http://www.britsuperstore.com anyone ever use them?  I haven’t been home for 2 years so I don’t know if their prices are ok or ott, but the postage costs seem to be way ott.  Example; 2 packets of homewheat chocolate biscuits total 800 gms they want £7.42 surface mail (up to 3 months) and £12.52 airmail (up to 15 days).  Add the £2.50 (special offer) for the biscuits and its £4.96 per packet surface mail and £7.51 per packet airmail, bl**dy expensive!  I used to be a Maynards wine gum addict in Bognor, I think I’ll have to continue the cold turkey until I manage to visit the old country again.  Here I can get M&S wine gums but they aren’t quite the same as Maynards :o    By the way, they reckon their postage costs are 50% lower than Joe public would pay to send anything to LOS.

I would imagine they make most of their money on the postage.

2 packets of homewheat chocolate biscuits total 800 gms they want £7.42 surface mail (up to 3 months) and £12.52 airmail (up to 15 days). 

You’ve been away from the UK so long that you probably don’t know yet that for local mail the rates go up so frequently that they no longer print a value on the stamps, only an indication of the class of mail for which the stamp is valid.

800 g of biscuits, suitably packed to arrive not all crumbled in Thailand, will probably weigh 950 g gross. For airmail rates from Britain to Thailand, see this web page, World Zone 1, for surface mail see here.