Is True Vision Satellite Tv Down

ballbreaker

TrueVisions TV website now says their satellite is down and they have loss communication with the satellite. They also state they do not know if the problem is temporary or not. Strange most of the over the air signals from our antenna are gone too.

In many places the over the air signal is relayed to the local transmission stations via the same Sat. so they would not have any input. It effects Dtv and other services as well as True. It's the big one they don't ever want to see happen, and it just did.:jap:

A panicky Chiang Rai TV poster assumed a coup and posted such on another thread (which is locked now). laugh.gif Yes, always assume the worst possible scenario!

(I though about opening a thread with the title "Meteor Wipes Out Bangkok," but thought I'd wait a few minutes to see if the service came back up). whistling.gif

Edited by Fookhaht

Thank goodness I had some rabbit ears to hook to my TV until the channels came back on around 8pm. Those rabbit ears allowed the wife to get a fuzzy picture of Channel 3, 5, & 7 and lower her blood pressure (yeap, she's a Thai soap show junky....if she can't see her soap/talk shows she would probably pop a blood vessel).

Astro mostly down too, no Aljzeera, CNN, BBC, Aus Network, only Bloomberg... for news .... Star Movies OK, Nat Geo... and that's about it.... No HD channels.... But music channels OK.

Been on & off a day or two now... so something gone wrong somewhere up there!:rolleyes:.... oh dear!

I did not get much of an answer from my local Astro guy either...