Orange Thai Restaurant

JomtienEats

Something that surprised me about the Jomtien Complex was that finding a decent Thai eatery can be a challenge. The place I have come to favour is the Orange Thai Restaurant, near Cafe Ritz. Here's a location page and map.

http://www.pattayaplaces.com/wiki/Orange_Thai

I've found that they do a good Thai Green Chicken Curry and I even look forward to the Thai Mussaman Beef Curry. Prices for the standard dishes are cheap ranging from about 80 to 110 baht, and drinks and rice are reasonably priced too. The environment is pleasant, with low level lighting and nice decoration. It's quiet and away from the busy Thappraya road. Service is prompt and friendly.

They're open from 5-10 in the evening, although they seem to close on random days, and had a 10 day shutdown over Song Kran.

In comparison - the other options are - Antz: Recently raised all their prices and the quality is so-so. Thai Kitchen: On the busy Thappraya road and the service staff hang out in the backroom most of the time. Kaffa is also nearby - this place is pretty good too although rice portions are a bit small and expensive.

I agree that it beats Antz with a stick, but it's still a mediocre place and certainly not worth people making a special trip for. But if you're in the area, it's an option. I wasn't impressed with their Mussaman.

Been once doubt if I'll go back.

Service Sloooow.

I asked for a meal with "Wild Boar", the time it took to come I think they had gone out to hunt it down...when it did arrive it was charred bones, the poor beast had run all its flesh off ....can't remember the GF's Thai meal but it was not up to scratch....That's just my Hah sip Sattangs worth mind...I'm sure lots of Dutch people will love the place...

I agree that it beats Antz with a stick, but it's still a mediocre place and certainly not worth people making a special trip for. But if you're in the area, it's an option. I wasn't impressed with their Mussaman.

I agree its not exactly a 'destination' restaurant but I think they have a sweet spot with the combination of area / price / quality. Also I forgot to mention that they've got free wi-fi which always endears me to a place.