Any Idea On What Country The Majority Of Thaivisa Users Are From

livinthailandos

I have the impression that the vast majority here are native speakers of English, sometimes it pisses me off a bit when some of them are grammar/spelling policing posts written by one of us non native speakers.

Edited by keestha

I have the impression that the vast majority here are native speakers of English, sometimes it pisses me off a bit when some of them are grammar/spelling policing posts written by one of us non native speakers.

Some of us can tell when the poster is NOT a native English speaker and we give them a little leeway. But, it IS fun for some to take jabs at those of us who make mistakes and yet should know better. I never mind the spelling nazis correcting me. In fact I never mind being corrected when I am wrong. Nobody (including me :D ) is right all the time.

So you edited yourself for spelling and grammar? :rolleyes:

Some of us can tell when the poster is NOT a native English speaker and we give them a little leeway. But, it IS fun for some to take jabs at those of us who make mistakes and yet should know better. I never mind the spelling nazis correcting me. In fact I never mind being corrected when I am wrong. Nobody (including me :D ) is right all the time.

A proud Dutchman here, and about the spelling i make mistakes usually because i don't take the time to correct it. My Dutch isnt that good either im a numbers man.

A proud Dutchman here, and about the spelling i make mistakes usually because i don't take the time to correct it. My Dutch isnt that good either im a numbers man.

So which number do you recommend? :lol:

So which number do you recommend? :lol:

106 in Dollhouse

SC

With the never ending whining, moaning and bitching, I would guess most are from The UK. smile.gif

Don't you mean Australia. ;)

No, must be England, not UK Never hear Scots moaning....honest! :P

nor the welsh rolleyes.gif

With the never ending whining, moaning and bitching, I would guess most are from The UK. smile.gif

Don't you mean Australia. ;)

No, must be England, not UK Never hear Scots moaning....honest! :P

nor the welsh rolleyes.gif

Normally on this forum we post in big bold letters "SARCASM!" for the benefit of the Americans that walk amongst us

SC

From past experience I would guess the UK first and Australia second, followed by Americans. But, we do have a few Canadians about.

For sure. As is the usual majority amongst most Thailand-related forums. Dominated by Brits and Aussies. This might be truer reflection of the dominate Western residents {and visitors}, as well.

Should we be grateful? :blink:

http://www.alexa.com...o/thaivisa.com#

Seems like a lot of people living in Thailand. Also surprising is the number of Indian visitors. Hmmm...

Audience Snapshot

<BR clear=all>Based on internet averages, thaivisa.com is visited more frequently by males who are over 65 years old, have no children and are graduate school educated

from Alexa

&lt;deleted&gt; is graduate school?

I personally get very irritated by poor spelling and grammar from posters who are obviously native English speakers. Things like ''could of'' especially.

On the other hand I realise that they are probably expert at building house extensions and stripping down car engines etc., so tend to hold my tongue.