Tired Of The True Tv Game...

zzaa09

Thanks for the reply

I actually went for the 250bht a month, rip off True by sharing keys over the internet as it was the least hassle.

At least the wife is happy watching Thai ladies beating the sh*t out of each other in the channel 7 soaps at 8:20 every night.

I have an openbox (think dreambox with HD and HDMI) and was using a server to watch True.

But I don't watch English language Tv any more.

I've been offered 'True everything' server shares for, 200bht, 250bht, 300bht a month from the usual suspects.

I want just the basic Thai channels (3, 5, 7, 9), here is the problem.

Everyone wants me to buy more equipment.

As far as I can see, all I need is someone to point my 'true' dish at the IPM satellite.

Is this correct, will it work?

Do I really need a new dish and LNB?

Anyone know.

If you have True UBC dish and true smartcard, point it to thaicom and it will work, you get all Thai channel for free. You can also go to a Trueshop and rent everthing for 2000B and only have Thai channel whit no monthly cost, 500B for installation.

Edited by EirikJohannesen

I don't understand TrueVision.

In Udon Thani I normally buy 6 months packet Gold at a time as I have my own box and dish

Last time my wife went there to buy 6 months they told her we don't sell packet Gold anymore....:boring:

Now I have nothing.

I read books instead...:coffee1:

I don't understand TrueVision.

In Udon Thani I normally buy 6 months packet Gold at a time as I have my own box and dish

Last time my wife went there to buy 6 months they told her we don't sell packet Gold anymore....:boring:

Now I have nothing.

I read books instead...:coffee1:

Think your wife cheats you :D :D :D

Seriously, gold package still exists, I got a one year deal with one month free.

Email them in English at [email protected]

Cheers

Joe

• 3 months later...

I had no problems with True except that I very seldom watch television. My wife finally asked me why she should pay 1,500 a month for something that I didn't use. I thought that was a good point and told her to cancel it if she didn't watch it either. She did.

She then paid a whopping 1,300 baht for a dish and a box. The name on the box is IPM. There is no monthly charge. There are a few English speaking stations. She is happy with it and she has an extra 1,500 hundred baht per month in her household budget.

• 3 months later...

I've in sakon nakhon area and bought the PSI dish with no monthly dues. But, have only one english channel. Planning on getting the True dish for 4000 B. I was under the impression they didn't charge monthly. Am I wrong??? Any advice would be appreciated, simply want some english speaking channels. Thank you..............ken

• 3 months later...

I've in sakon nakhon area and bought the PSI dish with no monthly dues. But, have only one english channel. Planning on getting the True dish for 4000 B. I was under the impression they didn't charge monthly. Am I wrong??? Any advice would be appreciated, simply want some english speaking channels. Thank you..............ken

TrueVisions FREEVIEW does not charge but I think it does not have ENGLISH channels or at best limited english channels. TrueVision offer poor programing, lots of re-runs, and the worst service on the planet bar none. Get on to SATTHAI.TV and get VTV Digital with HD channels for less than half of what Truevisons cost.

Edited by rotary

Truevison that exists today is incredible, there is no worse company than truevison. The only reason I have truevison today is because it is the only company that has the Discovery Channel and NGC in English, I do not like dubbed programs.

Truer words were never spoken

I have a good BB conection and pay 300 bht a month for True Platimum,, seems ok to me,,

Guessing you have the same system as me....a dream box..

One of payment of 4000 baht, then the box and dish are your's.....300 baht per month is correct...

I've had Truevisions (Gold) for a number of years now and I'm quite happy with it. Lots of footie, tennis and golf, baseball about to start again, more rugby than anyone could want; no Fox news but the very fair & balanced CNN and BBC World; movies galore on HBO, Cinemax and Fox; educational documentaries on Discovery, History, Nat Geo, Animal Planet & BBC Knowledge (I know alot more about monster fish and ice trucking these days); hysterical series on Fox, True Series and another one whose name escapes me (Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy) - I don't think I could possibly want any more. thumbsup.gif

Yep happy with the service True have provided also and to add to the list above the music channels cover a variety of tastes.

Got given the new box two months ago and they gave three free HD channels for 3 months still enjoying it and not had a reason to be unhappy yet.

Some people can never be satisfied, I don't understand that. There is always something to nag about, no matter what you do or get.

I have had True Visions for 4 years now, gold package, and it is wonderful! That is for my taste of course.

I like the 6 sports channels with live EPL, one of them on the HD channel, excellent, also covering Formula One, Tennis, Golf, NBA, Rallye sport, boxing, name it.

Then there are the numerous English language news channels: CNN, BBC, CNBC, Bloomberg, Money channel, Chinese and Taiwanese (English) news, NHK (Japan) is extra.

For the enthusiasts there are the 5 movie channels (one in HD) and for people like myself there are the well known knowledge channels like Discovery, Nat Geo, Animal planet, History ch., for the kids (my son is 6) there are three cartoon channels and for my 11 year old daughter 4 or 5 music channels. On top of course all the Thai channels, I mean all of them. When we don't watch TV we listen to music of one of the numerous channels, divided by type of music.

So what is there to complain about?

Screen quality? Come on, get a good TV set, no probs at all.

Satellite outage? Of course when it rains heavily there is no reception. In my rural area there is also no electricity during heavy rain so cannot watch TV anyway biggrin.gif

Pricing? I pay 1800 baht per month incl. HD, I paid one year in advance, get one month free, 8.5% discount!

Needless to say I have no complaints, but it depends on your own experience and common sense to have another opinion.

Joe

It all depends what you want. I like to watch NFL (American football) Now that is gone and True Vision is gone from my home too.

What alternatives are there to True Vision in the Loei region? Someone told me there is an internet option if on True. Can someone explain that please? Are any of those multi channel, buy outright packages with dishes worthwhile? What I've seen have rubbish channel choices. Just wondering if there is a standout, with English language channels.

If I buy Truevision outright what is the monthly fee to have Gold or Platinum access?

We've got PSI. About 200 channels including all major Thai channels, movies, wildlife etc - a few in English. One-off cost, including 2 boxes running from one dish to service TV's upstairs and downstairs, 3000 baht, no monthly fees or contract.