Motorbike Documents

prefabs

I have 2 sets of information as to what I need to show if the police decide to stop check me. I have a licence, always wear a helmet, but as to the bike documents, I am unsure. One person told me to carry the originals of insurance and log book, another told me that I should only have copies and that it was dangerous to keep the original of the log book with the bike. One more version is that I should have originals PLUS copies??????

Help please??????

I have a copy of the green book, the tax sticker and original receipt of the insurance in my bike.

Never had a problem when pulled over for a check. I wouldn’t store the original green book in my bike.

In twelve years of living here, riding every day including regular trips to Chiang Mai, Phuket, Khon Khen and Bangkok, I have only been stopped about half a dozen times and all required was licence and insurance. Only time green book has been required is crossing over to Cambodia and Malaysia.

First time I was asked for a copy of the green book was just a week ago.

It was at one of these now new and popular police checks at the rail road crossings on the dark side.

Previously never been asked for anything but my license.

In twelve years of living here, riding every day including regular trips to Chiang Mai, Phuket, Khon Khen and Bangkok, I have only been stopped about half a dozen times and all required was licence and insurance. Only time green book has been required is crossing over to Cambodia and Malaysia.

But recently in Pattaya and surroundings they will ask you for a copy of the green book.probably because too many people have insurance and wearing a helmet,so they look for other sources of revenue.

The traffic lights at the turn to Hua Yai on sukhumvith are an infamous location for checks,including breathalyzer test during the daytime.Passed there this afternoon and they were very busy with many cars and bikes parked and a white police van,I guess that is immigration, on standby.