The Greatest Moment

Also, being a Man City fan. Wembley in the Play Off's against Gillingham. We was 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go. We equalised and won on Penalties. Had it gone the other way, that would have been a long drive back to Manchester  :o

That I think was the only match in English history that was fixed. There was no way they could let the Gills go up a division. Their ground was not big enough. I think the ref allowed 6 or 7 mins of injury time till Man City did score. A few comments from players and pundits after that suggested that was what happened anyway.

That nearly slipped by me then, Lampy. What are you talking about "Fixed". I was there matey and no way, no how, was that a fix. The ref wasn't giving us anything that day. The result was purely down to Gillingham thinking they had won and lacked concentration until the end. When we got one back, they panicked. City played until the final whistle and this has happened many times, especially to our "Red" cousins, who consistently win games in the last few minutes.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, being a Man City fan. Wembley in the Play Off's against Gillingham. We was 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go. We equalised and won on Penalties. Had it gone the other way, that would have been a long drive back to Manchester  :o

That I think was the only match in English history that was fixed. There was no way they could let the Gills go up a division. Their ground was not big enough. I think the ref allowed 6 or 7 mins of injury time till Man City did score. A few comments from players and pundits after that suggested that was what happened anyway.

That nearly slipped by me then, Lampy. What are you talking about "Fixed". I was there matey and no way, no how, was that a fix. The ref wasn't giving us anything that day. The result was purely down to Gillingham thinking they had won and lacked concentration until the end. When we got one back, they panicked. City played until the final whistle and this has happened many times, especially to our "Red" cousins, who consistently win games in the last few minutes.

Come on mrboj, all together now, my old man said be a city fan, I said b*****s your c**t, I'd rarther shag a bucket with a big hole in it, than be a city fan for just one minute....

:D

The greatest moment in sport...

Has to be when upon watching a football game you get a perfect view of Owens legs. Ahh...

Hey Icey, welcome to the Sports forum. It's the first time i think i've seen you here and what do you do? Talk about Micheal Owen's legs :o Get back to Hong Klaay Korrat :D:D Only messin babes :D

Also, being a Man City fan. Wembley in the Play Off's against Gillingham. We was 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go. We equalised and won on Penalties. Had it gone the other way, that would have been a long drive back to Manchester  :D

Come on mrboj, all together now, my old man said be a city fan, I said b*****s your c**t, I'd rarther shag a bucket with a big hole in it, than be a city fan for just one minute....

Up yours Rj :D:D Didn't know you was a Red matey :o:D

The greatest moment in sport...

Has to be when upon watching a football game you get a perfect view of Owens legs. Ahh...

Hey Icey, welcome to the Sports forum. It's the first time i think i've seen you here and what do you do? Talk about Micheal Owen's legs :o Get back to Hong Klaay Korrat :D:D Only messin babes :D

Thankyou for the welcome. Yes it is the first time I've posted in here. Haven't seen any threads about Tae Kwon Do or Karate. Seen a few about boxing though, not sure why I haven't posted anything in here. Maybe I shall :D

Also, being a Man City fan. Wembley in the Play Off's against Gillingham. We was 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go. We equalised and won on Penalties. Had it gone the other way, that would have been a long drive back to Manchester  :D

Up yours Rj :D:D Didn't know you was a Red matey :o:D

Only joking mrboj :D

Thankyou for the welcome. Yes it is the first time I've posted in here. Haven't seen any threads about Tae Kwon Do or Karate. Seen a few about boxing though, not sure why I haven't posted anything in here. Maybe I shall  :D

Any time you want some personal tuition in TKD or Kickboxing give me a shout eh ?

:o:D:D:D

Thankyou for the welcome. Yes it is the first time I've posted in here. Haven't seen any threads about Tae Kwon Do or Karate. Seen a few about boxing though, not sure why I haven't posted anything in here. Maybe I shall  :D

Any time you want some personal tuition in TKD or Kickboxing give me a shout eh ?

If you're a pro then yes, I'll give you a shout :D

... I won't go easy on you either :D

Am I reading this right....someone is disagreeing with Lampard......whooooooooo

I'm a stickler for tradition though. For me. England winning the World Cup in 1966. Another sporting moment for me was seeing Colin Cowdray walking out to face Wes Hall and Charlie Grif with a broken arm.

What would have happened had city not scored? How long do you think he would have allowed?

I've never heard anyone say it was fixed before,well apart from a few Gillingham players and some pudit on Radio Gillingham.

What would have happened had city not scored? How long do you think he would have allowed?

I've never heard anyone say it was fixed before,well apart from a few Gillingham players and some pudit on Radio Gillingham.

Look lads................it's sometimes hard being a Chelsea fan; when you're a cChelsea fan and a Gills fan. Well..................................................

I was lucky enough to be able to fly to New York to watch Naseem Hamed knock out Kevin Kelley in 4 rounds at MSG in 1997.

He had the potential to become one of the all time greats .

Unfortunately he disappeared up his own a r s e....

But for that night only , he was magic , and the Yanks were silenced.

:o

Was that the "Prince" guy, who used to say that "I refuse to lose"...and before his fights say " I feel wicked"...he always had alot to say, very fuuny.....what ever happened to him?...I think I watched him lose to a South American fighter, or maybe not, cant remember now.....I think the way the the SA fighjter beat him, is just by covering up like a shell, and making him come in to u...coz he was a great counter puncher and u had to make him come close to get some glove on him, which no one did until the SA figher...if Im thinking of the same guy....

yeah it was marco antonio barrera ,it was funny that fight he had a tv crew with him all through his training andin his hotel coming up to the fight (i didnt like him)so it was more humiliating for him.i went to the kevin kelly fight and the wayne mccullagh in atlantic city(which i thought he lost)met him in a club after and disliked him even more.a lot of his appeal for selling tickets was people wanted to see him lose.he never faught again after the barrerra fight

Hooo yeh....thats what I can remember hin by, that he was one of those blokes that u cant wait 2 c him get beat up, and beat up good....

I think he tapped Kevin Kelly on the head b4 that fight and said he was there to teach him some boxing.....lucky for him that Kelly was past his prime by that fight....

There is a fighter in Australia now who sells tickets that way....Choc Mundine"....I cant wait to see him get smashed...hopefully by Danny Green

If you're a pro then yes, I'll give you a shout :D

... I won't go easy on you either :D

PRESS RELEASE: It has just been revealed that burglars last night broke into the trophy room at Man City and stole everything therein. Police are searching for two men carrying a roll of blue carpet.

PRESS RELEASE: It has just been revealed that burglars last night broke into the trophy room at Man City and stole everything therein. Police are searching for two men carrying a roll of blue carpet.

That would be Lampard and Pro Fart......

:D:D

The old one's are the best eh!! Just noticed, you being from London means you must be a Man United fan eh :o:D:D

Four pages of a thread about the greatest moments in sporting history, and not a SINGLE mention of Muhammad Ali yet?

Shame on you guys.

The Rumble in the Jungle versus Joe Frazier . . . . . A sporting event that surpasses sport and has since been immortalised in both a classic book (by Norman Mailer) and a movie.

Ali was (and remains) more than a great athlete. He is iconic in a way that no sportsman ever will be again.

I cant believe no-one has mentioned Wayne Bridge's Champs League winner at Highbury.

I was in the Landmark at the time and tghe manager was called to my room to see just how many people I had actually murdered, judging by the screams.

Wilko is right up there, the Benn Eubank fights were good, Germany 1 England 5 was a good night

Rice University's ESPN Sunday Victory in a rainstorm against UT was good too

I cant believe no-one has mentioned Wayne Bridge's Champs League winner at Highbury.

I was in the Landmark at the time and tghe manager was called to my room to see just how many people I had actually murdered, judging by the screams.

Wilko is right up there, the Benn Eubank fights were good, Germany 1 England 5 was a good night

Rice University's ESPN Sunday Victory in a rainstorm against UT was good too

How about the Chelsea v Leeds F.A.Cup final of 1970. One of the hardest fought football matches ever seen. When a ref from our times was asked about it, he said he would have sent off six and booked the other fourteen. Only the goalies escaped. The replay was just as hard.I had just come over to england then and saw the first one live.

Edited by finninuk

How about the Chelsea v Leeds F.A.Cup final of 1970. One of the hardest fought football matches ever seen. When a ref from our times was asked about it, he said he would have sent off six and booked the other fourteen. Only the goalies escaped. The replay was just as hard.I had just come over to england then and saw the first one live.

Too true blue. I have that on DVD, so next time you're in the pub...............Kippis

And who can forget Gazza's goal against the scots at Wembley.

and Eric Cantonas flying dropkick to a spectators chest against Crystal palace.

or my favorite, Maradonas "hand of God " goal in the 1986 World Cup.

Cantona's was good but the fat, snorting cheat is right at the bottom of the heap :o

And who can forget Gazza's goal against the scots at Wembley.

and Eric Cantonas flying dropkick to a spectators chest against Crystal palace.

or my favorite, Maradonas "hand of God " goal in the 1986 World Cup.

Cantona's was good but the fat, snorting cheat is right at the bottom of the heap :o

I resemble that! :D