Can'T Take It Anymore!

geronimo

Putting commas , periods spaces etc between words , makes it far easier for the reader to understand what is , in fact , written if and provided they are used as intended , many get the wrong impression of a post merely reading monotone , it blurs the mental thought process .

Uh, no dumb all, I meant you put a space between the word and the punctu--oh, nevermind.

Where's a smiley sigh when you need it?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of - have, as in "I should of thought about that"

In full agreement with you Phil Conners.

'Loose' 'Could of'' 'Should of'', it's as easy to get it right as get it wrong. As has been said, mostly it comes from native English speakers, I wonder if Thais are as equally incompetent at their language.

'

Tehre are sveearl raeosns for the pobrelm idtnetiified by the OP....but msot hamun bairns can wrok out the msseage, no matter how jumbled. But it makes it easier to read with proper spelling, grammar etc...:whistling:

How long did it take you to type that?

"anyone over 50 needs to cultivate a pet hate."

I submit that the opposite is true. Letting go of all that petty stuff frees me up to enjoy life. The great thing about living in Thailand is the opportunity to frequently let things go and just go with the flow. As for driving I just anticipate the worst possible move my fellow drivers (Thai and farang) can make and so I'm usually ready.

You will probably get a telling off!, as apparently there are many TV members where English is not their main language and allowances have to be made.

The people that are most likely to misuse the word are english speakers. This is not an error typical of those that speak another language.

Clearly you do not read the motoring forum.

There are a lot of lose cannons there.

:ph34r:

OP.

How can this be related to Thailand? :unsure:

Peeple hear loose the plot from time to time about poor English amongst the Thais, but they could of sayed same same about the native speakers

Seems bang on par for General.

SC

Personally, it winds me up something dreadful, as there could be impressionable children like Gravion about who might pick up even more bad grammatical habits (it could happen....)

OP.

Peeple hear loose the plot from time to time about poor English amongst the Thais, but they could of sayed same same about the native speakers

SC

Personally, it winds me up something dreadful, as there could be impressionable children like Gravion about who might pick up even more bad grammatical habits (it could happen....)

Yes, but I'm pretty sure the op was referring to the "native speakers" of the english language. Hence my "complaint". :)

OP.

SC

Yes, but I'm pretty sure the op was referring to the "native speakers" of the english language. Hence my "complaint". :)

...but they could of sayed same same about the native speakers (of English)

I think he just wants us poorly-educated half-wits to go back whence we came, and ne'er darken his ears with our coarse and unrefined discourse.

I know I wish the rest would...

SC

Geronimo.

Read, Deviant Modernism: Sexual and Textual Errancy in T.S Eliot, James Joyce, and Marcel Proust and get back to us with a book report.

Ill leave that for a day when I have nothing to do :bah:

Well worth the effort, Geronimo. It's quite enlightening material.....;)

'happyrobert' timestamp='1304404740' post='4398195''dumball' timestamp='1304400386' post='4398000']

Putting commas , periods spaces etc between words , makes it far easier for the reader to understand what is , in fact , written if and provided they are used as intended , many get the wrong impression of a post merely reading monotone , it blurs the mental thought process .

Uh, no dumb all, I meant you put a space between the word and the punctu--oh, nevermind.

Many years ago in olde England , that is how we were taught to space punctuation marks , it emphasizes the emphasis , so to speak . made it easier for slow readers as in thai visa for example .

Get it ? got it ? Good !

Smiley , tongue-in-cheek and all of those niceties .

Willy used asides to make his point ---------555

'StreetCowboy' timestamp='1304424131' post='4398824']

'Semper' timestamp='1304423948' post='4398815']

'StreetCowboy' timestamp='1304423051' post='4398787']

'Semper' timestamp='1304420348' post='4398703']

OP.

SC

]

...but they could of sayed same same about the native speakers (of English)

I think he just wants us poorly-educated half-wits to go back whence we came, and ne'er darken his ears with our coarse and unrefined discourse.

I know I wish the rest would...

SC

(quote)

Oh no , please , I think dear old Blighty has enough problems at this time .

Many years ago in olde England , that is how we were taught to space punctuation marks , it emphasizes the emphasis , so to speak . made it easier for slow readers as in thai visa for example .

Get it ? got it ? Good !

Smiley , tongue-in-cheek and all of those niceties .

Willy used asides to make his point ---------555

You have edjukated me. Thnak yuo. :lol:

'Thaddeus' timestamp='1304402670' post='4398114']

'dumball' timestamp='1304400386' post='4398000']

it blurs the mental thought process .

You mean some people need help with that? :ph34r:

Did you really have a need to pose that question or is it a more fecicious remark of negation ?

Can't takeit anymore? Really, some people post on here claiming to loose…….. (Sorry lose)everything they have in the world and your dripping about grammar? I'm nothaving a go at you, far from it, I'm envious, what a great life you must lead,fair play to you!

Sorry, had to edit..........Happy birthday.......Go wild!

Edited by Tonto21

rayongtoffee' timestamp='1304427967' post='4398978']

Happy birthday o.p.I,m a proofreader and this thread has made my day.Thank,s for all the laughs guys.

Rather eractic punctuation for a proof reader me thinks .