Hospital Or Clinic?

Spaniel

For what you might consider minor aches and pains do you go to one of the local hospitals for treatment or a clinic?

If a clinic which one and what do they charge for a visit? I'm looking for some alternatives to Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital. One clinic that was recommended a while back was Dr Oliver's Clinic but dont know if still open or what he charges per visit. I think he is Swiss so I'm thinking he may be charging more then a local Thai run clinic.

For minor things I use a small clinic on South Pattaya road very close to 3'rd road intersection, can't remember the name. Friendly staff and the doctors seems competent. Price pr visit is roughly 100 bath.

Yesterday I went there but I will need a minor operation (can't explan in English what it is) and they don't do that, the consultation with the doctor was for free.:)

I didn't have anything major done here, but my son was born in BKK/Pattaya hospital.

Edited by guzzi850m2

I have been using Dr Oliver for years. Still am. I find him quite helpful

and candid with his advice and treatments.

Don't know how much Thai clinics charge, but I believe his fee is around

300 Bhat for a consultation.

He speaks fluent English, German, French and Thai (may be more).

Cheers,

rudi

• 2 weeks later...

For minor things I use a small clinic on South Pattaya road very close to 3'rd road intersection, can't remember the name. Friendly staff and the doctors seems competent. Price pr visit is roughly 100 bath.

Yesterday I went there but I will need a minor operation (can't explan in English what it is) and they don't do that, the consultation with the doctor was for free.:)

I didn't have anything major done here, but my son was born in BKK/Pattaya hospital.

Thanks for the tip. I went there a couple days ago. The name is Banglamung Clinic. 100 bhat to see the doctor, at least I assume he is a doctor, plus meds.