Rubber Trees

HI Mike

Thanks for replying on this post.

I get it, you graduadely increase the amount of fertilizer every year, until 6 year or more where you will give 2 x 50 kg / rai.

You say dug?, so you make 1 hole in the ground, place the fertilizer in the hole and then cover the hole.?,,, where do you place this hole in reference to the tree?

Or ther are other ways to do it?

Claus

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI Mike

I get it, you graduadely increase the amount of fertilizer every year, until 6 year or more where you will give 2 x 50 kg / rai.

You say dug?, so you make 1 hole in the ground, place the fertilizer in the hole and then cover the hole.?,,, where do you place this hole in reference to the tree?

Claus

Hoe it in is what I try to get our man to do Claus.

FYI, RRIM3001 a.k.a KT35/39

Hi guys. I am new to this site and am seriously considering turning our plot into a rubber farm. Reading though these 6 months or so of information I believe it is the right idea. I still work so can "afford" to wait a few years before i get a return. My question is; where can we purchase these saplings, RRIM3100 (KT35/39). I will check with our local agent/university if indeed it is the best one for our piece of land, but as stated before it may be better to buy them now and nurse them, than wait until planting time.

Go for it.Too late when your dead.HAHAHA

HI Mike

Claus

HAHA I love that word "try".mmm yes I know how you feel.LOL

HI Mike

Claus

HAHA I love that word "try".mmm yes I know how you feel.LOL

I'm not climbing up that hill with the state of my knees ;p

Hi All

I am new here but not new to Thailand and Rubber plantation.

Me and my wife have now 1 plot that we planted our self

50 rai

4 year's old

RRIM 600

80 tree's / rai (6x3 meter spacing)

It is very near to loiet, it should be very near where you are living Jim???

From year 2 to year 4 the family used the space between the rubber trees to grow casava.

We are now planing to plant another 50 to 100 rai, in Loiet.

If you hard core rubber guy's shold plant 50 to 100 rai now what type of tree would you use???

As many others I am waiting for the tree to get to the right size to tap, and then see the real income.

And while waiting I am also trying to estimate a potential profit / income.

So here below my calculation for 50 rai of rubber trees. ((I really would appriciate some comments from all of you for the below estimation)

I use 45 rai in the calculation as not all trees will give latex, and some trees will pass away.

I use 50TBH / KG as sales price for KeeYang

I use 60-40 % split for the income (40% for the tappers)

Year 1 to 6

No Income

Cost

Land cost 1.0 to 1.5 mill TBH

Small rubber tree's, land preperation, fertilizer, other cost about 1.0 mill TBH

Total cost 2.0 to 2.5 Mill TBH

Year 7

Income

280kg/rai x 45rai x 50TBH/KG = 630000 TBH

Cost

40% for tapper = 252000TBH

Fertilizer and other cost = 150000TBH

Net profit = 228000TBH

Year 8

Income

310kg/rai x 45rai x 50TBH/KG = 697500 TBH

Cost

40% for tapper = 279000TBH

Net profit = 268000TBH

Year 9

Income

340kg/rai x 45rai x 50TBH/KG = 765000 TBH

Cost

40% for tapper = 306000TBH

Net profit = 309000TBH

Year 10

Income

370kg/rai x 45rai x 50TBH/KG = 832500 TBH

Cost

40% for tapper = 333000TBH

Net profit = 349500TBH

Year 11

Income

400kg/rai x 45rai x 50TBH/KG = 900000 TBH

Cost

40% for tapper = 360000TBH

Net profit = 390000TBH

Year 12 (from her on more or lest the same output every year)

Income

400kg/rai x 45rai x 50TBH/KG = 900000 TBH

Cost

40% for tapper = 360000TBH

Net profit = 390000TBH

Claus,

fertilizer put in a hoe'd circle 30cms from the tree on 1 year old trees. 2-5 year old trees, 3-4 holes dug around the tree, looking up and where the canopy extends out. Where the canopy finishes is where the roots should be and where you dig the holes.

Mike.

When we are winning we should have a meeting lol Significant others wiliing of course, tongue.png

Count me in ;).Mosha Mike or please your self with the name.LOL You come from south of us so feel free to drop in to our humble dwelling on the way up and have a goss if you like.Same goes for others.Toooo.:)

HI

I have just posted in the "Selling Mature Rubber Trees" topic.

Made a smal estimation based on my profesional experience.

Claus

Ah yes mate.If I could find the bloody thing?) I'd love to have a look.:(

Unfortunately my PROFESSIONAL :) opinion is Ive got no idea.HAHAHA

Claus,

fertilizer put in a hoe'd circle 30cms from the tree on 1 year old trees. 2-5 year old trees, 3-4 holes dug around the tree, looking up and where the canopy extends out. Where the canopy finishes is where the roots should be and where you dig the holes.

Mike.

Is it Christmas again????? :) There seems to be a lot of HO HO Hoeing going on here ;)

We planted 80/Rai but only because we was told it was 26 Rai. It is 25 Rai. It was TorBar5. Still waiting to here what ir is now lol. However. I would not have planted so many trees if I'd known

So po ko is the 1 to be careful of,but you should be ok with TorBar5(TorBarHar

We planted 80/Rai but only because we was told it was 26 Rai. It is 25 Rai. It was TorBar5. Still waiting to here what ir is now lol. However. I would not have planted so many trees if I'd known

My maths isn't great but I thought 26+25=51 not 80:)

We were told we had 26 Rai, so bought 2000 trees that's about 76 / Rai. We have 25 Rai which is 80/Rai

We were told we had 26 Rai, so bought 2000 trees that's about 76 / Rai. We have 25 Rai which is 80/Rai

OOps my bad.So sorry.:)

call me dumb but just worked this post and maths out i think!.( we planted 2,000 trees at 80 trees per ra,i because we were told it was 26 rai but in fact it was only 25 rai approx 76 trees per rai)

scotty of confused . com.

Hi All,

I have been looking into buying a rubber tree plantation that is 7 years old and ready to tap. The land is 20rai, and is selling for 2M THB (100,000THB/rai).

My Thai wife and I are currently residing in Australia so have not been able to see the land yet, but her father (who is an accomplished rubber tree farmer) says the land is a bargain.

The land is near Beung Khan. I am unsure if the land has a house/shed on it, and also don't know what water supply it has.

Assuming the trees are healthy (I am unsure if they have been tapped yet), is this a reasonable price (100,000THB/rai)?

Also - when we head over to check out the plantation what sort of things should we be looking at?

Would anyone with significant expertise be able to come and have a look at the plantation when we arrive? Name your price.

Hi All,

I have been looking into buying a rubber tree plantation that is 7 years old and ready to tap. The land is 20rai, and is selling for 2M THB (100,000THB/rai).

My Thai wife and I are currently residing in Australia so have not been able to see the land yet, but her father (who is an accomplished rubber tree farmer) says the land is a bargain.

The land is near Beung Khan. I am unsure if the land has a house/shed on it, and also don't know what water supply it has.

Assuming the trees are healthy (I am unsure if they have been tapped yet), is this a reasonable price (100,000THB/rai)?

Also - when we head over to check out the plantation what sort of things should we be looking at?

Would anyone with significant expertise be able to come and have a look at the plantation when we arrive? Name your price.

That's a good price if the trees are OK. 25 rai of 8 year old trees sold here last year for near on 4 mil and that was to a Thai, but they were very good trees on a main road.

Where in OZ as we are about to head back for the non rubber time [ Geelong ] Trouble buying from afar is good trees usually sell fast, so if the sellers are willing to wait, probably means the trees are not that good, for one reason or another. Jim

Go for sheet, if you can, it's a value adding process. Small plantations with not so good trees may not produce enough usable latex to warrant the extra work. You will do both, as start and end of season latex output is low and during the wetter times cup is easier as you congeal the latex, which stops it washing away.

End of the day it's all about the Dollars/Baht in your hand and sheet is a better payer. Jim

Nicholasmerwood

I and wife are in buengkan, we have 25, 8, and 16 rai plots and are close to finished assembling a 'processing factory' ala similar to Jims. If you need a first hand account of your plot in question I might able to take a look, and there are a few other falang I know in the area with lots more rubber land also. I've no more money to buy as I've spent most all on the processing factory so I certainly wouldn't be sharking your deal btw,

Jim seems to be sitting well with a good number of trees and making mat makes sense. We've got far fewer so we're taking a slightly different approach to making mat, or at least will be in a month or so when we're finished with the setup. In buengkan province you can't swing a cat without hitting a rubber tree there are so many, albeit far too many farms are cutting way before the trees look ready.

Other thing to consider, you probably know this but still, kee-yang STINKS - the factories that process kee stink for many kilometers surrounding, the trucks that go around an buy kee reek and the lots where the kee sits for a day or a few before being purchased reek badly. I go with the 'smells like money' approach but if you and/or your mrs is apt to be offended by it, beware buengkan.

custom

Nicholas,

There are a lot of variables that will affect price.

- The type of land title it has. (Cheaper lands sometimes do not have a Chanote but one of the other less desirable titles)

- How far it is from the nearby town.

- If it's on the main road or you have to drive through someone else's land to get there.

- The condition of the trees.

- The motivation of the seller.

- The variety of trees on the land. Being that yours are 7 years old, I would guess that they should be RM600 or some other newer, higher yielding variety.

- The going rate in the area. A lot of this has to do with the proximity to larger towns and such but different areas can have slightly different median prices.

Also before you buy you'll want to take a look (or have someone) take a look at the condition of the trees and the land. You can see if the trees have been damaged by unskilled workers, if the trees are "sick" or if they've been giving the trees "medicine" to increase output prior to a sale. These conditions are treatable but you can decide if you want to waste time waiting for the trees to heal back up again or go with another plot of land.

As was said earlier, go with sheets if you can. You will probably be making cup at either ends of a season but sheets add value and should be done when you can. There are a lot of misconceptions among the local farmers on this and other things. You'll probably find yourself in some uphill battles trying to get things done in a way that makes sense rather than the way its always been done.

Good luck and welcome to the community.

-k

Hi Nicholasmerwood.

Go for it.Come and enjoy living in a free country.You will never look back.Maybe 3000 trees is an ok amount of trees to have to make an ok living on if just you and your MRS are living off it or you are feeding a tribe.,but this will depend on how often and far do you drive your car,drink beer or whiskey,eat out a lot.basically your lifestyle.

If you live here you will be surprised at the many ways you can make money.My wife is a very smart cookie and has shown me many things people make money with not big capital and not working too hard. Good luck and welcome

Archived