Rubber Trees

Talking about JVP80, here is a cautionary tale.

The majority of our JVP80 were bought from a recommended (by the rubber co-operative) nursery, additional ones were also trucked up from Malaysia by a relative. We were, however, short of some more JVP80 and so the mil bought 15 (luckily) as a trial from a local nursery who assured her they were JVP80.

In the photo both examples are now the same age, having been grown further in our mini nursery, guess which one is the JVP80.

Needless to say when we bought another tranche we returned to the original supplier in Bueng Kan. So be warned.

post-90233-0-54483300-1336420840_thumb.j

Talking about JVP80, here is a cautionary tale.

The majority of our JVP80 were bought from a recommended (by the rubber co-operative) nursery, additional ones were also trucked up from Malaysia by a relative. We were, however, short of some more JVP80 and so the mil bought 15 (luckily) as a trial from a local nursery who assured her they were JVP80.

In the photo both examples are now the same age, having been grown further in our mini nursery, guess which one is the JVP80.

Needless to say when we bought another tranche we returned to the original supplier in Bueng Kan. So be warned.

[attachment=162917:IMG_0641.jp

very good point you make and something i worry about as i see many small farm nurseries popping up around the place .... how are your new JVP80 doing so far in the ground ?

cdmtdm

Doing fine, growing fast thats for sure, if i get some pics sorted i'll try and upload. It will be interesting to see how they mature in the different soils, having just dug some ponds, the red clay dykes have had some jvp's planted on them, i am not expecting much from those but it s going to be interesting to compare the growth with those planted on the alluvial deposits.

Hello Yall,

I am Yannick From Ivory COast, the largest rubber producer in Africa.

I have around 57ha of rubber that are planted 600 trees/ha that will come into production next year. Therefore, I have been thinkin about manufacturing my production for export.

Do you have any knowledge on how to produce SMR-10 SMR-5 and SMR-20?

Also, Jim after watching your video, what did you make? RSS-1? RSS-2 or RSS-3?

I need your inputs please all of you

Hello Yall,

I have around 57ha of rubber that are planted 600 trees/ha that will come into production next year. Therefore, I have been thinkin about manufacturing my production for export.

Hi there,

When you make sheet you hope all will be RSS 1, but some are better than others ergo different grades. As for making SMR , called in Thailand TSR you need a processing plant. You will need a lot of money to buy one, best to buy a turn key factory from China. Years ago I looked at the idea and contacted a company from China and asked how much for a factory that would produce one metric ton a day. Was told the smallest they made were one and a half tons an hour. Big money . Jim

Hello Yall,

Hi there,

When you make sheet you hope all will be RSS 1, but some are better than others ergo different grades. As for making SMR , called in Thailand TSR you need a processing plant. You will need a lot of money to buy one, best to buy a turn key factory from China. Years ago I looked at the idea and contacted a company from China and asked how much for a factory that would produce one metric ton a day. Was told the smallest they made were one and a half tons an hour. Big money . Jim

Thanks Jim for your inputs. I really appreciate that. What are the sheets used for? Are they really liked but manufacturer?

I have read a lot on rubber, I know that 65% of the natural rubber are used by tyres industries, in what form are they purchased?

cdmtdm

Doing fine, growing fast thats for sure, if i get some pics sorted i'll try and upload. It will be interesting to see how they mature in the different soils, having just dug some ponds, the red clay dykes have had some jvp's planted on them, i am not expecting much from those but it s going to be interesting to compare the growth with those planted on the alluvial deposits.

ok cheers look forward to the pics mate

Hello Yall,

Hi there,

Thanks Jim for your inputs. I really appreciate that. What are the sheets used for? Are they really liked but manufacturer?

I have read a lot on rubber, I know that 65% of the natural rubber are used by tyres industries, in what form are they purchased?

RSS is really the highest grade, where TSR,SMR etc is cup lump which has to be washed chopped up dried and baled, then it is graded again, Easier to keep out impurities with RSS. The RSS will often be baled for transport. Jim

Jim, you are great help... thx for replying. What grade were you doing in the video that you posted?

They will be grade 1 to 3, that's the way it is sold here grades 1 to 3 are the same price. There are web sites that explain the grading system. Jim

Jim, you are great help... thx for replying. What grade were you doing in the video that you posted?

They will be grade 1 to 3, that's the way it is sold here grades 1 to 3 are the same price. There are web sites that explain the grading system. Jim

RSS? Will be great if you can send me a link for that also how much are they sold there now?

Hi all

I am Willem form the Phitsanulok area and would like to know when planting the trees, if we should orientate the rows (7 meter appart) with the Sun. Facing East-West or North-South. We are about to plant about 50 rai!

Edited by wijar

Last lot we sold, we got 102 Baht/kg. That was 2 weeks ago.

Thank you Mosha, can I have you skype, email or messenger so that we can talk directly and you will help me how to settle this thing because, As I read, it is very hard to have RSS. the easiest to get is TSR.

Jim, You too me. give me your email address or skype so that we will talk directly. thx

Thank you Mosha, can I have you skype, email or messenger so that we can talk directly and you will help me how to settle this thing because, As I read, it is very hard to have RSS. the easiest to get is TSR.

Jim, You too me. give me your email address or skype so that we will talk directly. thx

Should be in my profile, if not PM me.

E mial is on my profile as well. Jim

Hi all, plenty of great info on here. While I do understand this is a Thai forum my retirement options will be in Vietnam. Would anyone have any info on a similar forum for Vietnam or possibly know of any expat growers in Vietnam?

Hi all, plenty of great info on here. While I do understand this is a Thai forum my retirement options will be in Vietnam. Would anyone have any info on a similar forum for Vietnam or possibly know of any expat growers in Vietnam?

I've been on this and other rubber forums for a long time and never heard of any expats doing eubber in Vietnam. Think there were some trying in Lao, Jim

I've been on this and other rubber forums for a long time and never heard of any expats doing eubber in Vietnam. Think there were some trying in Lao, Jim

Thanks for the reply Jim

snapback.pngtothemark, on 2012-05-11 10:36:02, said:

cdmtdm

ok cheers look forward to the pics mate

Hi cdmtdm,

Guys, i know its boring looking at rubber pics, so bare with me on this smile.png Its only because JVP80 is relatively new that I think its worthwhile giving feedback on it just in case it bombs lol

post-90233-0-61965500-1337600991_thumb.j

post-90233-0-67122200-1337601644_thumb.j

The two young rubber in the foreground of the first pic are both "real" jvp80 planted probably 8 months ago, note the more pear drop shape to the leaf and a larger canopy overall to the second pic which is a "fake" jvp80 and could be anything.

Edited by tothemark

FWIW I happened to ask one of our friends what clones she was selling. 251, 600, and I missed the last 300 something..

Hi Mosha,Have you had any rain down there in the last 3 weeks.We've had nothing.It's much dryer this year than last year.Our mats have really dropped off compared to last year

FWIW I happened to ask one of our friends what clones she was selling. 251, 600, and I missed the last 300 something..

Hi Mosha,Have you had any rain down there in the last 3 weeks.We've had nothing.It's much dryer this year than last year.Our mats have really dropped off compared to last year

See answer #560 :( Actually last night we got enough for 26 sheets this morning. Wife is thinking of getting bigger cups,

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=74

Normal year to date about 750mm this year to date 1,180mm

Please not another year like last year. 2 wet weeks, then 2 dry days. Just to have the rain come pouring down, just hours after our tapper had cut the trees. sad.png

Yes Mate,Not to mention the pricesbah.gif

See answer #560 sad.png Actually last night we got enough for 26 sheets this morning. Wife is thinking of getting bigger cups,

http://www.tmd.go.th...vince.php?id=74

Normal year to date about 750mm this year to date 1,180mm

Half your luck.How many rai,or trees approximately ? Edited by cobbler

Hi to all.

We are trying to supplement our income.So we (wife and I)looked around and asked a lot of questions.

Banana trees.are what some people do.We looked and checked out 1 farm with massive nam wa growing between the rubber trees.Also down near Chumpon we saw some finger bananas growing in amongst the yang.

Middle men will come to the farm and give us 7baht per kilo,(Our friend averages 100baht per tree) and middle men do the work.Local resturants will come and cut and buy the flowers for 2 baht each.Seems like money for nothing as the banana trees get free fertilizer from the rubber trees.So we went to Sukothai and got 345 small nam wa trees from a friend of my wife's for 3baht each and our Myanmar worker planted them.They are showing growth slowly.Within 1.5 years we should be able to harvest.We will go back to Sukothai soon and get another 700.1 banana tree for every rubber tree.Total of 1000 trees x 100 baht per tree is good extra money.Also we were told within 4 years can have a harvest every month.Giving us an extra income off this farm of not less than 300,000baht per year.

Also if you have 100 trees (1000 KG)of bananas ready to sell.I'm thinking ,load up the ford and sell them for 14baht per kilo at the banana market in southern Bangkok.Well worth the trip.

Another good 1 is paw paw.We will do this on our mountain(cliff face )yang farm.We are just waiting for the wet season to start

Anybody had a go at this or like to try.Please give us a message and let us know how you are going.Maybe we can compare notes and learn from each other.

Cheers and good luck to all and may your liquid gold over flow your cups ;)