Dirty Cloth

bigmac80

Who else has a thai wife/gf who uses the dreaded dirty cloth to clean(visibly) everything? I have stated on many occasions that this cloth is very unhygienic but to no avail. Is my wife the only one? surely not

Most definitely not in our home.

We have separate floor, washing-up and worktop cloths, and woe betide anyone who uses the wrong one, they're all the same colour mind, so I get the woe rather often :(

It's a matter of education.

It's not enough to tell her, you have to prove it to her that one cannot clean something with a dirty cloth.

Took me 20 minutes and then a couple of weeks later once more, but since then situation resolved.

Yermanee :jap:

Yes, it is an education thing, even the sticking hands in water after ''eating'' with hands, really has been a job to convince that it does nothing and that's the reason for soap dispensers everywhere in my place. The mrs is OK but some outlaws, sorry inlaws is another story, as well as preferring to piss up the wall outside the garden instead of using one of three toilets. :huh:

Bodies build up immunities to germs. When things are too sterile it makes a human body weak. Thais can stomp around in sewer outflows that would probably infect any westerner who tried it.

Bodies build up immunities to germs. When things are too sterile it makes a human body weak. Thais can stomp around in sewer outflows that would probably infect any westerner who tried it.

Very true, but sometimes there is (should be) a limit. :D

What do guys expect if you marry peasant women from a third world country? No offence.

thailand is a developing country not 3rd world. and the fact is that peasants are poor and maybe ignorant but like my wife are educated and still use the dreaded cloth. dettol is peng lol

And use kitchen washing-up areas like this : Black mould AND green slime, together with residue of seafood.

post-78715-0-46296400-1305367327_thumb.j

We were shopping at our local food market the other day. I saw a lady wiping down the tiled area where she displays her veg, with a filthy floor mop. Ok so I suppose you do wash the stuff when you get home?

jb1

And use kitchen washing-up areas like this : Black mould AND green slime, together with residue of seafood.

Your right, l really must paint that wall. :)

Your right, l really must paint that wall. :)

Don't forget to use lead paint.

What do guys expect if you marry peasant women from a third world country? No offence.

There are many ''peasant'' women back home but they know how to use soap and clean cloths. :)

Commoners are not necessarily peasants. The proletariat are not peasants. Peasants are unlanded self-employed farmers.

Anyway, our Eddie made clear when he qualified 'peasants' with 'third world' ,that he accepted that farangland peasants might know when and where to use a clarty cloot and where something else might be required. In fact, it is this very ignorance contributes to the third world remaining impoverished by ill health and disease.

SC

Land rich and money poor. People in Issan are rich land owners. The rich in Bangkok are soon to loose their wealth to flooding and global warming. Some do not believe in global warming but IQ is not well distributed. Cheers!

How does one "measure" intelligence.......IQ?

People ask why I never seem to change or get any older than what I looked like 10 years ago. I just tell them it's all the preservatives I eat daily. I don't recall ever washing any fruit or vegetables in the past 40 years or so. And, I eat a LOT of veggies and fruit. I DO wash my dishes though, in hot, soapy water. And, because I hate the taste of soap I always rinse the dishes in hot clean water. I grew up at a time when there were few if any drugs for infections. You either died or survived. If you survived you got stronger.

I trained my wife to be houseclean as I did whit my dog :rolleyes: My dog remember it but not my wife, its a hassle to get here clean properly. I clean my WC my self I dont bother to ask here to do it. It took me 2 years to learn my fam. not to throw litter in front of the house, now am working on the litter backhouse thing LOL Serios you have to talk very hard to improve Thais proper cleaning. Clean the fridge and clean bedsheets once a week that makes me happy. I never look at the backyard kitchen, then I dont eat. LOL :D

People ask why I never seem to change or get any older than what I looked like 10 years ago. I just tell them it's all the preservatives I eat daily. I don't recall ever washing any fruit or vegetables in the past 40 years or so. And, I eat a LOT of veggies and fruit. I DO wash my dishes though, in hot, soapy water. And, because I hate the taste of soap I always rinse the dishes in hot clean water. I grew up at a time when there were few if any drugs for infections. You either died or survived. If you survived you got stronger.

As of today, we still wash our dishes, pots 'n pans, and assorted utensils in cold soapy water. No one seems to be less from it - no ill effects. Go figure.

As of today, we still wash our dishes, pots 'n pans, and assorted utensils in cold soapy water. No one seems to be less from it - no ill effects. Go figure.

Bacteria grow slower in cold water, you cant handwash in boiling water and hot water you can stick your hands in are a bacteria bomb.A good soap its the thing.

My peasant woman of a wife worked 15 years as a maid for both hiso Thai and farang households, she sure does know how to clean a house and wash dishes, I am not allowed to help her, she claims I am no good, which is wrong: I cleaned my own apartment and dishes for many years, but I won't complain these days :whistling:

you are so right.

in the past people with a weak immunity did not survive long enough to pass their genes,now with increased hygiene and better medical care, we are creating a weaker Human race.In conjunction

with the over use of antibiotics, and bacterial killing soaps, we are creating a much stronger pathogen threat.The combination of the two,and the increase in travel, is creating a lethal combination.

Edited by sirineou

you are so right.

in the past people with a weak immunity did not survive long enough to pass their genes,now with increased hygiene and better medical care, we are creating a weaker Human race.In conjunction

with the over use of antibiotics, and bacterial killing soaps, we are creating a much stronger pathogen threat.The combination of the two,and the increase in travel, is crating a lethal combination.

We really have a duty to give people the opportunity to build up their immunities. That's why I never wear rubber gloves. Anti-bacterial soaps could prove a greater scourge than global warming.

SC

Actually, a far bigger threat is excessive prescribing of antibiotics, and failure to complete the programmes of treatment.

I would agree. The ONLY reason I use hot soapy water is to get off the grease, and the plates dry quicker if I use hot water to rinse them. And, I CAN taste the residue soap in utensils if I don't rinse them. I don't worry too much about germs. Some forms of fungus are actually beneficial.