Free Vodka With Your Meal...

I went to this restaurant for lunch today on the ring road on Samui not far from Macro which advertises free vodka when you eat at the restaurant. OK, a free shot of booze, yeah, why not. But wait - it is non-stop flowing ice-cold vodka during the meal. Whoa. I stopped at 3 shots, my friend at four.

Are there any other places that offer anything similar? Free alcohol through-out the meal? Why not? I think we need more places likes that! C'mon bar-owning TV members! Meet the challenge! :)

Vodka with lunch :bah:.

That's probably why they do it. They know the island is mostly beer-drinking Brits so they won't lose much. That just means more for the rest of us! Anyway, you can go there for dinner and probably get the same deal I would think. I'll have to check it out - maybe later tonite. :)

is that the russian place, just on your left as you leave makro and head towards tesco?

That would be it. Granted, if you don't like Russian food or vodka then it probably isn't a good deal for you. But we ended up with at least 700 baht worth of free alcohol (assuming 100 baht/shot).

btw - we didn't have to ask the waitress for more. She would just bring the bottle by every so often and give us a refill. Much like the free refills we'd get back home on coffee or tea.

is that the russian place, just on your left as you leave makro and head towards tesco?

That would be it. Granted, if you don't like Russian food or vodka then it probably isn't a good deal for you. But we ended up with at least 700 baht worth of free alcohol (assuming 100 baht/shot).

btw - we didn't have to ask the waitress for more. She would just bring the bottle by every so often and give us a refill. Much like the free refills we'd get back home on coffee or tea.

how much is a meal in there then and what is the best dish to chose from ?, typical price, and more importantly, is the food and vodka good?

how much is a meal in there then and what is the best dish to chose from ?, typical price, and more importantly, is the food and vodka good?

I like Russian food so I'm biased. My friend never had it and he was happy (maybe that was the vodka talking :) ). The prices are typical for foreign food, in the 150-350 range. I didn't pay attention to the brand of vodka but it was served very cold and went down easy. I'll go back.

Impiana - Chaweng Noi.

Their Tamarind Bar & Lounge.

They have an all day happy hour (buy one get one free for local beers - but this is at their prices so don't bother).

They run lots of promos but one feature was the running wine buffet -

QUOTE:

we have a running wine buffet each evening, too – you can keep going, with a glass at a time from any of a dozen labels, for as long as you want.

This was a while back but it might be worth phoning and asking - ? The cost of the food is not so bad . . .

R

I believe the restaurant is called "TROIKA".

But their signs are written in all cyrillic as "ТРОЙКА"

Just inbetween Macro and Sirisin.

Was the food any good?

i really hope nobody ever considers running a free beer chang during your lunch of non-canned refried bean mexican meal promotion.

Zicos did a "all you can drink - beer for 3 hours". Just 100 baht extra with the "all you can eat". I think that it was on a Thursday night.

My friend and I drank a "LOT" of beer in those three hours, and Zicos were not stingy. The girls kept on bringing the beer. :burp:

I don't know if they still do this.

I like Russian food so I'm biased. My friend never had it and he was happy (maybe that was the vodka talking :) ). The prices are typical for foreign food, in the 150-350 range. I didn't pay attention to the brand of vodka but it was served very cold and went down easy. I'll go back.

Apparently its only written in Russain language (about free vodka with your meal), so it seems to me that it is aimed at Russains only and with your name and bias toward Russain food it sounds like you maybe Russain or understand the language.

Apparently its only written in Russain language (about free vodka with your meal), so it seems to me that it is aimed at Russains only and with your name and bias toward Russain food it sounds like you maybe Russain or understand the language.

That's what I had always thought when I rode by. I told friends that they are offereing free vodka only if you can read the sign (not a bad idea really). But when we parked I saw another sign written in English. Either way, just ask when you go. They speak English.

Isn't Russian food all stewed meat and boiled cabbage?

when i went there they offered grilled whole snapper cooked in foil, stuffed bell peppers, meat platters pork and beef, kabobs, a potato salad, soup tasted like minestroni, dumblings something taglatoni, and a fresh shot of cold vodka shortly after each toast. I had a bit of a "3 martini" buzz by the time i left. would i rave about the cuisine? no. would i go back? yes would i take a friend? yes. btw the service was prompt and good.

Isn't Russian food all stewed meat and boiled cabbage?

when i went there they offered grilled whole snapper cooked in foil, stuffed bell peppers, meat platters pork and beef, kabobs, a potato salad, soup tasted like minestroni, dumblings something taglatoni, and a fresh shot of cold vodka shortly after each toast. I had a bit of a "3 martini" buzz by the time i left. would i rave about the cuisine? no. would i go back? yes would i take a friend? yes. btw the service was prompt and good.

Thanks for that. Sounds OK.

seems like putting the sign in russian "for russians only" would be a recipe for business disaster.

russians would logically be the main customers, would eat russian food anyway, and of course would drink vodka.

put the sign in english/thai and get non russians to try russian food and wash it down with some free shots of cold vodka. make the russians pay for theirs.

seems like putting the sign in russian "for russians only" would be a recipe for business disaster.

russians would logically be the main customers, would eat russian food anyway, and of course would drink vodka.

put the sign in english/thai and get non russians to try russian food and wash it down with some free shots of cold vodka. make the russians pay for theirs.

Then it's a good thing they have that other sign in English.

By the time you get the bill, you're so blasted, you don't notice how much the meal cost :burp:

Oh, yeah, the bill was written in Russian. A lot easier to understand that the usual ones written in Thai. :) Maybe for customers who don't know Russian they'd take the time to do it in English.

hm i must have hit quick reply since my post was meant to be in response to this quote "Apparently its only written in Russain language (about free vodka with your meal), so it seems to me that it is aimed at Russains only and with your name and bias toward Russain food it sounds like you maybe Russain or understand the language. " which should help contextually as well as limiting smart remarks.

hm i must have hit quick reply since my post was meant to be in response to this quote "Apparently its only written in Russain language (about free vodka with your meal), so it seems to me that it is aimed at Russains only and with your name and bias toward Russain food it sounds like you maybe Russain or understand the language. " which should help contextually as well as limiting smart remarks.

Huh? Post 14 mentions the sign in English.

And don't get too sensitive. You'll need to be clear-headed when I give you your weekly smackdown at pool this Saturday! :P

I guess it must be the very cheap Noble brand vodka which gives me a headache if I drink it!!

I guess it must be the very cheap Noble brand vodka which gives me a headache if I drink it!!

could be. could be home made, it's not a terribly sophisticated product. could be a combination of top shelf and rubber bar mat runoff. pretty good promotion as far as promotions go. i've heard your head is always responsible for where your butt sits, seems appropriate here.