ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

Rixalex: ”Agreed. All the years this thread existed and we weren't in decline, there was something mildly amusing about it... well less so for us, but for you guys... and although i didn't particularly like it, i got it, and took is as part of the banter.”

I’ll think you’ll find that WE FOUND IT HIGHLY AMUSING winding up you United fanswhistling.gif – why do you think I opened the topic in the first place - and you Reds keep responding thereby keeping the thread open, te hegiggle.gif !

So the next questions to the Reds...

1. Is it a Decline or a Blip?

2. Whose fault is it, Moyes or the players?

3. Will Moyes be sacked, and if yes, when?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's all relative again though rix. you had about as easy a champions league group as it was possible to get then you drew the weakest of the last sixteen sides.

What was it that Bob was saying recently about only being able to beat the <deleted> in front of you?

Plus, i don't really think there are any easy games in Europe these days. And sometimes you are better off facing up against one of the giants as the players know what to expect and find it easier getting up for the game.

Chelsea supporters just this week saying they really would have preferred to have been taking on a more known quantity than PSG. I understand them and their fears, and don't think they are just saying it.

You understand Mourinho.

You are having a larf.

cheesy.gif

Where did i state anything about him?

Division in Your own ranks rixalex is a Man U problem, not Chelsea's problem.

You will not face Chelsea in the CL if you don't beat Bayern.

So a mention of Chelsea supporters fear on a Man U decline thread is another example of deflectionary obfuscation.smile.png

So, put more simply, focus on your own problems.

thumbsup.gif

Rixalex: Agreed. All the years this thread existed and we weren't in decline, there was something mildly amusing about it... well less so for us, but for you guys... and although i didn't particularly like it, i got it, and took is as part of the banter.

Ill think youll find that WE FOUND IT HIGHLY AMUSING winding up you United fans:whistling: why do you think I opened the topic in the first place - and you Reds keep responding thereby keeping the thread open, te he:giggle: !

So the next questions to the Reds...

1. Is it a Decline or a Blip?

2. Whose fault is it, Moyes or the players?

3. Will Moyes be sacked, and if yes, when?

Not sure how amusing you found it. You seemed to disappear off the scene totally, to conveniently make your return now. Great timing that. Well done. thumbsup.gif

And actually it wasn't only all of you who had your fun, it was fun for us to see all the years go by of continuing to haul in the trophies, whilst at the same time being told by all you experts how we were in fact declining. But even broken clocks are right twice a day, and so your day has finally come.

As for your questions:

1) Decline

2)Both

3)Yes, all managers get sacked eventually, well usually. When? I think unless something drastic happens, which i wouldn't rule out, he'll get until next season.

Division in Your own ranks rixalex is a Man U problem, not Chelsea's problem.

You will not face Chelsea in the CL if you don't beat Bayern.

So a mention of Chelsea supporters fear on a Man U decline thread is another example of deflectionary obfuscation.smile.png

So, put more simply, focus on your own problems.

thumbsup.gif

What are you going on about?

After the draw was announced, it was mentioned on your thread, that although PSG might seem like quite a sweet result, in a way, getting a "bigger" team might have been better. Can't remember who made the point, but made it was. If you don't agree with that, up to you.

I was simply mentioning in in response to something Stevie said about playing so called "easy" teams.

Can you focus on properly reading and comprehending what i am writing, instead of constantly trying to take issue with something i have neither said nor meant. What exactly have i done to deserve all this petty bickering you have thrown at me this week? I thought you were one of the sane ones.

jeez redrus....you have been around the block and seen it all..

What you trynna say, I am but a mere boy... ohmy.png

I think it runs a bit deeper, Rodgers is doing a god job at Liverpool, but it won't last if they don't win it this year. It is make or break for them., again I'm afraid.

Lois Van Gaal has made himself available, he'd be good for a few years, I reckon he'll retire in 3 anyway. Pep after that. wink.png

redrus

hahaha and there you were reflecting on your own fans arrogance, how the <deleted> do you work that out?

I am allowed my opinion, fella..., and no arrogance in my thoughts about this at all.

I honestly think that once again, IF you don't win it this year psychologically, it will knock youz for 6 again, and you will have to build again, like we did all those years ago. (Mentally more than anything.)

Its been "we'll win it next year" "its are year next year" for so long now, its been a joke for almost as long..!

redrus

Sure you are, I was just taken aback as I thought it was just a wind up and that you knew a bit more about our club.

Obviously you don't as this is what you are probably hoping for rather than the actual reality of club, players and fans. We've achieved all we wanted to this season, top 4. Anything else is a bonus rather than mental destruction.

We've been building from virtual administration for 3 years, all we needed was CL and we'll see what our owners are made of. The team and manager have done all they had to do.

That is total b o l l o x "we'll win it next year" We are the first to recognise our club has been in a sorry arse state for years and our expectations every season for at least 5 or 6 years has been to hope we don't end up in the bottom half of the table.

Everything is hunky dory pal, playing beautiful football, the club is in great shape and on the up. Absolute contrast to what is going on down the M62 and the timing could not have been any better. Literally the best timing in the history of timing things perfectly, just to drive that salt coated blade a bit deeper.

PSG are well capable of beating chelsea. though it will be interesting to see just how dogged and defensive mourinho goes against a good side that's scoring goals for fun this season.

in the French league with no competition.

coffee1.gif

PSG are well capable of beating chelsea. though it will be interesting to see just how dogged and defensive mourinho goes against a good side that's scoring goals for fun this season.

in the French league with no competition.

coffee1.gif

what's your point? that PSG are absolutely minted and much richer than all the other clubs in their division so it's only natural that they score loads of goals and are miles ahead of everyone else?

Rixalex (post 1744):

Seems like I was pretty busy on this Topic from commencing it in 2005 until sometime in 2006, when I think those of us about at that time (before your time mate) had taken it as far as it was going to go, but it’s great to see you guys have kept it going, well done. clap2.gif

Not sure about convenient or great timing, but you can have your way on that if you wish…and yes, our day has finally come (and I think I can safely count most football fans who are not Utd fans in ‘our’)...who would have thought it could happen, eh.

The current situation is beginning to remind me of those great days of the early to mid 70’s, remember, when it took a trip down to the 2nd tier for the phoenix to rise again (and just to put the record right, the back-heeled goal scored by Denis Law wasn’t his last kicked in football - 'too heartbroken to play again' you often hear - as he featured in the Texaco Cup pre-season (saw him at Bramhall Lane) and retired when he couldn’t get in the side following Asa Hartford’s signing. I’m not suggesting here that the Mighty MU could get relegated again (highly unlikely with the resources you have at your disposal), just it reminds me of the slow decline that occurred back then only seasons after winning Division 1 and the European Cup.

And thanks for entering in to this with the right spirit by posting your answers…all teams have poor seasons sometimes you know.wai2.gif

• 4 months later...

Plan A - 5 across the back with attacking wingbacks (to play the ball back to the goalie)

Plan B - bring on Fellaini and hump fat sam balls to him on the far post.

Forgive us all our moment of delicious scadenfreude!

I cannot comment about what the Rags on here think, but the United fans I know were getting all dizzy before yesterday. " We beat Liverpool, Roma, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Valencia"

"Van Gaal knows what he is doing, he has turned the team around"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

First manager to lose at home first game.thumbsup.gif

I see further decline from 7th to 8th or 9th.

Keep up the good work LVGclap2.gif

Archived