ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

Its not so much us in decline no more it is the league is stronger now and any team can beat each other on the day.

Enjoying this season not as many bankers, just our football is boring as.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not so much us in decline no more it is the league is stronger now and any team can beat each other on the day.

I would agree that your lot are boring!thumbsup.giflaugh.png

But as far as the league being stronger?? Dont see that.!

The top teams certainly have better players than or rather more of them, but I have never seen inconsistency so high.

Being a City fan, I am used to seeing inconsistency.... but to play so well V the Germans and then so bad V Stoke, takes some topping.

Fair enough United have been consistently cr@p and havent put in a supreme performance this year, nor have Chelsea. But City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, West Ham, have all played superb games followed by dross.

Stil the one shining light is that no matter how bad we play or how frustrated it gets, all I have to do is close my eyes, imagine I am a Rag and suddenly all is well!!clap2.gif

I would agree that your lot are boring!thumbsup.giflaugh.png

But as far as the league being stronger?? Dont see that.!

The top teams certainly have better players than or rather more of them, but I have never seen inconsistency so high.

Being a City fan, I am used to seeing inconsistency.... but to play so well V the Germans and then so bad V Stoke, takes some topping.

Fair enough United have been consistently cr@p and havent put in a supreme performance this year, nor have Chelsea. But City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, West Ham, have all played superb games followed by dross.

Stil the one shining light is that no matter how bad we play or how frustrated it gets, all I have to do is close my eyes, imagine I am a Rag and suddenly all is well!!clap2.gif

When were Spurs dross ? getting a couple of spankings might be called dross though laugh.png

Against Newcastle Alfie. Maybe dross is OTT but it was similarly against the grain - like some of our games (WHam, WestBrom in particular - and of course two CL games which were absolutely shocking).

I'll give you that you are more consistent in the Prem than the most of the rest of us. Mostly consistent around draws though (without looking and just an impression - no doubt you can come up with stats that show that's not true).

Against Newcastle Alfie. Maybe dross is OTT but it was similarly against the grain - like some of our games (WHam, WestBrom in particular - and of course two CL games which were absolutely shocking).

I'll give you that you are more consistent in the Prem than the most of the rest of us. Mostly consistent around draws though (without looking and just an impression - no doubt you can come up with stats that show that's not true).

So all in all a pointless post really biggrin.png

^What a selective memory you have Alfie

Spurs forum "we were lucky not to lose by more, and on the balance of the second half alone 1-3 wouldn't have flattered Newcastle".

So one poster ses "1-3 wouldn't have flattered Newcastle" and that confirms we were dross, if he had said 4 or 5 1 then thats a different story, anyway find me one match report that ses we were dross !

Spurs forum "we were lucky not to lose by more, and on the balance of the second half alone 1-3 wouldn't have flattered Newcastle".

I posted that but please remember it reflects 45 minutes of our season. We didn't play particularly well against the baggies either but who does against Tony Pulls sides?

So one poster ses "1-3 wouldn't have flattered Newcastle" and that confirms we were dross, if he had said 4 or 5 1 then thats a different story, anyway find me one match report that ses we were dross !

So now you want to argue over the definition of 'Dross'?

In order for me to prove my point I have to find a match report that says 'Spurs were dross today'.

Alfie, Alfie..... whats it all about?

As a football fan, my opinion is City got beat 2-0 by Stoke, not 4 or 5 but by 2 goals and we were dross. We beat Swansea 2-1 and we were dross. I have seen Liverpool play twice since they whooped us, including yesterday.... and they were dross. Your lot were spectacular in beating us 4-1 ( I dont think we as a team were dross that day), but against Newcastle in my opinion you were dross.

Football is about opinions. If you dont agree, upto you. It doesnt mean the post is pointless.

Maybe you thought you were ok V Newcastle. Maybe your standards are a lot lower than mine.

Hey you Lot are only a few points above us with Arsenal to come tonight, and putting Spurs as being inconsistant your having a laugh.

Imagine you are a Rag good one, it's been pretty good being a red over the years mate, we are down atm but we will bounce back.

I doubt the word 'dross' is used in any premier reports in any season, but you're fooling yourself if you haven't been dross in a game or games this season, the Newcastle one for instance - every team has had a dross performance or more this season.

]

Hey you Lot are only a few points above us with Arsenal to come tonight, and putting Spurs as being inconsistant your having a laugh.

Imagine you are a Rag good one, it's been pretty good being a red over the years mate, we are down atm but we will bounce back.

Nev,

Para 1. read post 1832 in full by JnD which refers to "But City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, West Ham, have all played superb games followed by dross" which I think is a statement most people can agree with, except the Spurs fan on here.

Para 2. That's right, you are Man United ;-)

]

You'll find us delighted to have a GD of 14 at this time as in the last few years we have struggled to beat 3 or 4 at this time of the season.

In short we are loving our style of football barring the odd 45 mins.

Don't worry, your traditional collapse in the second half of the season will take care of that.

thumbsup.gif

Is it going to be Mourinho to the rescue ? No question he'd be an improvement but then at this point who wouldn't ?

Have you noticed how LvG and Giggs don't seem to even look at each other all through the game, never mind consult with each other

They whisper into one another's ears.

post-118612-14511930947769_thumb.jpg

Is it going to be Mourinho to the rescue ? No question he'd be an improvement but then at this point who wouldn't ?

Have you noticed how LvG and Giggs don't seem to even look at each other all through the game, never mind consult with each other

They whisper into one another's ears.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1451193093.735851.jpg

Don't know what match that photo was from stoney but it certainly wasn't yesterday.

What are the chances United go with Giggs and bypass Mourinho ?

Who would have guessed that United would be in this much disarray this long after SAF stepped down ? So much money thrown against the wall. All very surprising and maybe the biggest surprise is that Woodward still has a job. Hindsight mind you, but you could argue that nearly every management decision since SAF left has been close to disastrous. coffee1.gif

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, carmine said:

Lost 18 0f his last 42 matches.  150m spent in the summer. Bust flush.  

he looks practically suicidal most of the time. like he really doesn't like the job any more and doesn't want to be doing it.

10 hours ago, carmine said:

Seems Mourinho's blaming his players again!! :shock1:

He should have taken a longer sabbatical and possibly got his head screwed on right. Might have helped, but then again maybe not. He's am amusingly forlorn and frustrated character these days.

Archived