ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

I cannot comment about what the Rags on here think, but the United fans I know were getting all dizzy before yesterday. " We beat Liverpool, Roma, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Valencia"

"Van Gaal knows what he is doing, he has turned the team around"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

First manager to lose at home first game.thumbsup.gif

I see further decline from 7th to 8th or 9th.

Keep up the good work LVGclap2.gif

Its only the first game but clearly United thought they were back on top purely on the back of a good pre season.

van Gaal's already made a tit of himself by some ill advised comments but maybe now United will knuckle down and get ready for a dog fight

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy enough with this , much better than winning the trophies .

With respect, I hark to when Roy Keane admonished Gary Neville...... Neville, upon winning the treble had commented "well theres nothing more to do now is there".

I don't need to repeat what Keano 'apparently' said...!

Its never enough, doesn't matter where your team is you set a bar every year, as to what you want, think and dream your team should achieve, I will never be 'happy' when United aren't winning, certainly not happy with some banner. I want 21, 22, 26, 28........... Oh, and not to forget 4, 5 and 6.... ;)

redrus

on reflection i reckon this thread should be titled ' declined' as opposed to 'in decline 'clap2.gif

On reflection, I reckon you'll find that gagg was probably done by page 5. :yawn:

redrus

Ah. Found it.

But unfortunately I've found more than I was bargaining for.

Should have appointed Guardiola or Mourinho first time round maybe?

Anybody want to tell me why UNITED were great preseason and poor against Swansea?

No time wasters please.

Ah. Found it.

Anybody want to tell me why UNITED were great preseason and poor against Swansea?

No time wasters please.

who cares and if i tried to explain you wouldn't understand and would just post something stupid.

Have you purchased an action man doll of Louis van Gaal yet to stroke and fawn over? smile.png

Ah. Found it.

No time wasters please.

Oh ok, i'll tell you.

Louis cocked up. Went for a three man defense. Wrong.

Surprisingly well put by Mark Lawrensen saying he tried to put square pegs in round holes. Wrong, think again.

He larged it up to the press last week and probably created a rod for his own back. stupid arrogant comments that probably put his side under far more pressure than they wanted when he might well have been better keeping his trap shut.

Anything else?

Ah. Found it.

No time wasters please.

Just sums up your football knowledge rolleyes.gif

Ah. Found it.

No time wasters please.

Oh ok, i'll tell you.

Louis cocked up. Went for a three man defense. Wrong.

Surprisingly well put by Mark Lawrensen saying he tried to put square pegs in round holes. Wrong, think again.

He larged it up to the press last week and probably created a rod for his own back. stupid arrogant comments that probably put his side under far more pressure than they wanted when he might well have been better keeping his trap shut.

Anything else?

Overdemanding preseason tour?

Overdemanding 352?

Overdemanding training?

Ended up having to play some rookies against Swansea.

Dunno.

I'm not convinced 352 will work in the modern Prem.

I just can't believe the knee jerk reaction in sacking Moyes. w00t.gif united's not that sort of club. Stability stability stability. Oh yes and not sacking managers had nothing to do with twenty odd years of success!!! or a Mark Robbins goal for that matter

if LVG hasn't started looking like a haunted man then i'm a dutchman and Pishflaps45 is a 45 #$%&@

YAWN.laugh.png

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

How low can you go???

At least when Chelsea or City went on a spending spree they got results!

Probably because more thought was given, targets better prioritised and the transfers themselves conducted by businessmen with greater knowledge of the game than Ed Woodward.

Big question for me has been, and still is, the lack of attention LvG has given to his defense, especially the center backs. How on earth can a manager with his experience not start the rebuild process with the defense?

Bump.

How low can you go???

At least when Chelsea or City went on a spending spree they got results!

Probably because more thought was given, targets better prioritised and the transfers themselves conducted by businessmen with greater knowledge of the game than Ed Woodward.

Big question for me has been, and still is, the lack of attention LvG has given to his defense, especially the center backs. How on earth can a manager with his experience not start the rebuild process with the defense?

it's the leadership as well. no defensive leader or organizer now that vidic and ferdinand (and even evra) have gone, no captain in the midfield either, armband given to rooney who isn't a captain in a million years.

LVG, doesn't seem to think he has a problem with the players. It's just the organisation that needs sorting out!! facepalm.gif

LVG interview from skysports:-

"You can't imagine, but it is happening. I don't want to criticise personal errors because that happens in a game, but the team made errors because we didn't keep possession of the ball and that was our main mistake I think.

"I don't think that it is the weakness of the defence. It is the weakness of the defensive organisation of the team and we know we have to do better.

I'd agree with that Chicog, he shouldn't crticise in public (although that's what he has been doing recently). That aside, it's the rest of the quote that makes me wonder that he doesn't seem to think there is a problem with the players and he just needs to organise them better.

• 7 months later...

Archived