Yingluck Ahead In Bangkok Poll

webfact

Does not take a genius to work out that she will win by a landslide,

Your prediction doesn't take a genius, it takes an uninformed fool or a deluded red fanatic... or a combination of the two.

Well this will be a good thread to revisit on the 4th of July, I have been following Thai politics for over 20 years, so that makes me an "uninformed fool" as you so kindly put it, also no affiliation to the red's, in fact I hate the idea of him coming back, but there is a massive buzz in Thailand surrounding Yingluck

Don't be another Farang with their head buried in the sand, just because you don't want something to happens, doesn't mean it will not

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the "buzz" be maintained for the next 40 days?

Lots of firsts involved with her, but is the "excitement" sustainable?

Or is the hoopla surrounding going to die down in another week or so?

Particularly if she gets called up on some of the policies or any other aspect where thought is required?

Still a long way to go until july 3rd. Plenty of unexpected events could arise.

If PT win I expect the unexpected events will occur a couple of weeks after the result is declared. I wander if it will be judicial or armoured?

Either way, it will mean stuff the will of the people, you're getting the government we choose!

and a good thing as well if it means keeping that maniac meglomaniac away but if he does come back and alloyed to get his way Zimbabwie 2 here we come jap.gif

When the Dem's form a coalition government I expect a renewed UDD organised mayhem with interesting speeches and the occasional grenade for emphasis. IMHO of course

But if the PTP win, the democrat will graciously admit defeat, the army respect the will of the people and the PAD organizes some religious gathering to wish good luck to the winners ?

In your honest opinion of course ...

My opinion:

The PAD will never wish them good luck, but as for the rest, as long as they don't try and pardon Thaksin I think everyone will respect the outcome. The problem comes if they try to do something to help the square faced demagogue in exile.

That doesn't mean however that there won't be dozens of court challenges against PT candidates on every little voting irregularity that can be demonstrated. But any issues will remain in the court and completely within the law. I am 100% convinced the military will do nothing. That is, unless and until the PT try and overthrow the rule of law and pardon the convicted felon in Montenegro. Then we risk civil war.

Well having read this fountain of knowledge I must ask, who of the above can vote here? I suspect very few of the usual suspects spouting forth such wonderful knowledge. If the barrack room lawyers posting were so wonderful why have you not made your mark in your own back yards? Politics is a dirty game which ever country you are in so if it goes against your grain so much then get a flight and leave.

I would be interested to see who can say YES to the question of "Do you have a legal right to vote for a Thai government"

Well having read this fountain of knowledge I must ask, who of the above can vote here? I suspect very few of the usual suspects spouting forth such wonderful knowledge. If the barrack room lawyers posting were so wonderful why have you not made your mark in your own back yards? Politics is a dirty game which ever country you are in so if it goes against your grain so much then get a flight and leave.

I would be interested to see who can say YES to the question of "Do you have a legal right to vote for a Thai government"

I would expect the answer to be NO. Mind you this is a forum about Thai politics with language of choice English. Anyone can register and post his/her opinion within forum rules.

As for 'why not made your mark back home', somewhat irrelevant question. Back home most interesting discussions on politics are in the pub rather than on television or in parliament irrespective of voting or voting rights :)

Particularly if she gets called up on some of the policies or any other aspect where thought is required?

You have been going on with the same propaganda for the past 5 years, so 40 days doesn't look like such a challenge.

Furthermore, as Yingluck is a fresh face in politic, it's going to be much more difficult for your mentor to dig up dirt on her and the usual lies won't stick on such a fresh face either.

It's good to remind people, even if you guys describe yourselves as some kind of white knight of thai politic, that your mentor is a shady caracter who has been convicted on multiple charges including defamation.

You have been going on with the same propaganda for the past 5 years, so 40 days doesn't look like such a challenge.

Furthermore, as Yingluck is a fresh face in politic, it's going to be much more difficult for your mentor to dig up dirt on her and the usual lies won't stick on such a fresh face either.

It's good to remind people, even if you guys describe yourselves as some kind of white knight of thai politic, that your mentor is a shady caracter who has been convicted on multiple charges including defamation.

Not sure what on Earth you're on about, but I don't have a mentor, I don't describe myself as a white knight, etc. etc.

however, with her family associations, it won't be surprising if something untoward is discovered about her... and very likely from her own inexperienced hand or slip of the tongue.

40 days can be a very long time to maintain oneself under the microscope, which is something that all politicians go through.

however, with her family associations, it won't be surprising if something untoward is discovered about her... and very likely from her own inexperienced hand or slip of the tongue.

40 days can be a very long time to maintain oneself under the microscope, which is something that all politicians go through.

In other words you have no knowledge or evidence of any wrong doing, and this is just more baseless speculation on your part.

If PT win I expect the unexpected events will occur a couple of weeks after the result is declared. I wander if it will be judicial or armoured?

Either way, it will mean stuff the will of the people, you're getting the government we choose!

Judicial.:ermm:

Every time Thaksin phones in to support a PT candidate, he is giving the courts an excuse to dissolve the PT party. Every time he sends bags of money from Dubai to fund the PT campaign, he gives them an excuse to ban the party.

I don't think that there will be any event a couple of weeks after a PT win (if this indeed happens), Thai courts don't work that quickly. Samak/Somchai were in power for about 6 months before they were convicted, the timeline will probably be the same next time....:blink:

Unless, of course, Thaksin can keep himself out of the picture. However, his ego is to big for him not to remain the center of attention.<_<

Edited by otherstuff1957

In other words you have no knowledge or evidence of any wrong doing

That's where the 40 days will come into play. A lot can happen in that time. Particularly when it involves proxies and those deeply involved in a clan with multiple characters with proven culpability and convictions.

Edited by Buchholz

That's where the 40 days will come into play. A lot can happen in that time. Particularly when it involves proxies and those involved in a clan with multiple characters with proven culpability.

See my post above.Repetition of speculation.No evidence.Just more slurs.

Well this will be a good thread to revisit on the 4th of July, I have been following Thai politics for over 20 years, so that makes me an "uninformed fool" as you so kindly put it, also no affiliation to the red's, in fact I hate the idea of him coming back, but there is a massive buzz in Thailand surrounding Yingluck

Don't be another Farang with their head buried in the sand, just because you don't want something to happens, doesn't mean it will not

You seem to have a thing about predicting landslide victories:

When it boils down to the vote, the Tories will win by a landslide, people don't trust the Lib Dems to run the country, however nice Clegg might be

You were wrong then. You allowed your own personal preferences and wishes get in the way of making an accurate prediction. And you are making exactly the same mistake again now, in my opinion.

If PT win i expect it will mean stuff spending any time working on doing something for the people, like improving health, education and public services. They'll be too busy working on changing past judicial decisions so as to free various family members and friends from ever having to face justice - not to mention whitewashing themselves - and if it means changing the constitution to achieve all this, all well and good.

No different from what we got under Samak and Somchai. And why would it be? Nothing has changed, except for the fact that their hero has managed to dig himself an even bigger hole from which they will be tasked with getting him out of.

A massive 66 % do not trust the EC to oversee a fair election. Speaks volumes about Thai politricks. Can't help but wonder what the percentage would be, if neutral observers were used to monitor the election process.

Neutral observers would be foreigners, which Suthep already said are not acceptable.

A massive 66 % do not trust the EC to oversee a fair election. Speaks volumes about Thai politricks. Can't help but wonder what the percentage would be, if neutral observers were used to monitor the election process.

Neutral observers would be foreigners, which Suthep already said are not acceptable.

The PTP may have second thoughts about this as well. Even neutral foreign observers would see a political party with a protest link doing the dirty work.

Not one neutral person in 68 million Thais could act as an observer?

P-Net's being doing it for years.

oh, and

:welcomeani: to your first hour of membership :signthaivisa:

When it boils down to the vote, the Tories will win by a landslide, people don't trust the Lib Dems to run the country, however nice Clegg might be

Lol its laughable that you went though all my posts just to find something to prove me wrong, get a life. The Tories might not have got a landslide, but they won the election, if not outright

You were wrong then. You allowed your own personal preferences and wishes get in the way of making an accurate prediction. And you are making exactly the same mistake again now, in my opinion.

Lol its laughable that you went though all my posts just to find something to prove me wrong, get a life. The Tories might not have got a landslide, but they won the election, if not outright

Try that again

I didn't go through all your posts, riveting though i'm sure that would have been. Your prediction back then just happened to stick in my mind. Apologies for that.

As for your comment about the Torries winning the election, "albeit not outright", this is a contradiction in terms. If the majority of the electorate don't vote for you, you don't win. It's pretty simple.

Had your prediction at that time been that the Torries would get more votes than any other party, i would have agreed - just as now, if you said to me that PT would get the most votes, i would agree that it was quite a likely outcome. Getting the most votes is not however the same as winning, and it most certainly is not the same as winning by a landslide.