Would You Ditch Crutch As Well ?

eric1000

Nope, I wouldn't, not that anyone from the esteemed organ the Bangkok Post would ask.

At least he has some humour in his column every week and it's readable more than can be said for most of the rubbish in it.

I think the debate should open up on just how little real "news" is in this rag I can't read Thai but my better half can and she is always pointing out items in the Thai language press that are relevant to Thailand that never get a mention in the English language rags.

As cheer leaders for the government of the day they have no equal but I don't want to spend 20 baht on reading how wonderful the government is thank you very much.

All the "journalists" do there it seems to me is the same as Trink does, regurgitate stuff from others. Now what I would do is get them a bus pass each, as the Post's profits don't run to cars and tell them to close the door with them on the other side of it and get out there and earn their corn by doing their jobs.

This is about as likely to happen as me spotting that squadron of flying pigs I keep scanning the skys for.

As these rabbit droppings absorbers are twice the price of the Thai ones I think we are being ripped off.

As repetitive and predictable as he is, I wouldn't vote to get rid of Crutch (unlike Trink who passed his sell by date about 2 years ago), as he's a harmless old codger, who has served his time, earned his stripes and is a Post institution. He also pokes subtle political jibes through humour at the camp commandants, which are other wise lacking in these dry & politically correct days of Toxinocracy, with the exception of Thirasant (?) Mann, who knows the score. Let sleeping bassetts lie, I say.

When Ms Yasothon died of cancer earlier this year, I suspect there were thousands who secretly mourned her loss.

Crutch is a nice old man. His portrayal of his former maid is a testament not to his greatness (he isn't "great"), but to his warmth and feeling.

I always enjoy his column.

Didn't he also captain the Post's polo team in Hua Hin earlier in the year? Elephant polo at that!

Oops! Yes. I suspect I may have misheard.

But I do seem to recall him saying that his team lost.

Then again, perhaps I too misheard!

Hopefully next year his time will come.

BTW, there was talk a little while ago of inviting Mr Trink to contribute to this forum. I wonder if our man Roger might not be a better and more entertaining choice.

You all seem to forget,that all though Crutch does a couple of columns a week he is also the sports editor of the the Bangkok Post

He would be very hard to replace with his knowledge of sport and what readers want,its one of the main reasons a lot of people buy the post.

The Nation comes a poor seconed when it comes to sport content

Is he really?

I don't follow sports as I regard sports as something that is of no use to anybody but they can do it better than anyone else. (and yes I know where it came from)

What I do suggest is that the automotons in the head office move his Sunday column and increase to about four pages every day of the week.

That way we might at least get a bit of entertainment instead of " Wow what a good job the government is doing everyday".

Besides the odd vocational student pushing another vocational student off a bus.

B)

To all of you,

Excuse me butting in on this Fred,

What happened to Sgt. Nop, who caught those Onion smugglers many years ago, is he still around ?

Nice legs, shame about the (dog) face. …………. Crutch of course (Woof Woof ) Love him lots.

B):oB)

:D