Thai Police Given Orders To Shoot To Kill Hitmen On Blacklist

webfact

It's going to be an interesting week end. I'd really like to se how our friends for the Thaksin basher brigade, who were so vocal to oppose Thaksin war on drug, are going to justify the "shoot to kill" order now that it comes from their friends.

We already watched their debacle regarding subsidized healthcare. Lets hear how Manager is going to spin this subject.

These are completely separate issues. The war on drugs and how it was put together was ridiculous at best. I believe the Hit men on that list have been of interest to the police for sometime and that unlike the blacklist on the "war on drugs" which names could be added to that list daily that I am pretty sure a war on known murderer's is quite different and I am pretty sure from what I read there is a clear and present danger to the folks playing politics right now.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It means that the 2003 War of drug was not a Thaksin thing but Siamese cultural. It's not a critic: the USA have death penalty, Thais have this squad.

If you click onto the link below it will show you that thousands were killed on the war on drugs, they were involved in this before Thaksin came into power. But now it has gotten out of control in the Golden Triangle and Thailand once more.

http://www.time.com/...2072544,00.html

Indeed!

Brutal or not, the war on drugs slowed down production and distribution in Thailand.

Meth is the new Opium.

Historical fact: China, back in 1861, was brought down to its knees when Opium was smuggled in large scale from India and cheaply distributed. The aim: to degrade the social fabric and disrupt inner trade and create unrest to "persuade" China to open its ports to Western traders.

The birth of Hong Kong.

Those who think that there is nothing wrong with the social fabric of this country better wake up. Still and mostly a lovely place to live, inhabited by good and gentle people but, the writing is on the wall.

Of course, the usual suspects will parse and split hairs in these comments in order to say: that is not true! Alai goday!

"Facts are stubborn things" RR

( It's not true)shock1.gif I do know this. When I first started living in the kingdom there wasn't a meth epidemic happening. While there was Heroin and opium the number of users paled in comparison with meth tweekers. It was the US war on drugs that brought down Burmas Drug/war lords which created a space for meth to enter. I am not saying one is better than the other. Just saying

These are completely separate issues. The war on drugs and how it was put together was ridiculous at best. I believe the Hit men on that list have been of interest to the police for sometime and that unlike the blacklist on the "war on drugs" which names could be added to that list daily that I am pretty sure a war on known murderer's is quite different and I am pretty sure from what I read there is a clear and present danger to the folks playing politics right now.

That's a new one.The police didn't have reason to believe that any of those of their list were drug dealers.Piffle.The police would be aware of local drug dealers as they are of hitmen with a record.

I thought this thread might produce some weird strains of illogical thinking, and I was right.

I wouldn't let the 2 on the right even hold a gun, at least the 2 on the left are trying to be serious about it...

30156436-01.jpg

I disagree. The two on the right will just be ineffective. Jokers.

The one on the left looks like he's on a mission from God. He's the dangerous one. Bodies everywhere. Half-arsed investigation. Inactive post. Comfy retirement. Cheers!

beg to differ :D the 2 on the right looks like they're thinking : ok, time to have some fun target shooting, the one on the left looks like he is worried he might get shot himself.

The cops will be on a mission, if they have an old score to settle : Hey partner, doesn't that guy looks like one of the hitmen on the list ? Well oh my yes he he does, ok shoot to kill, bang bang bang...... oh it wasn't him anyway, well he looked like him. Later at the police station the superintendent goes : Good try guys the guy did indeed look like one of the guys on the list...... keep up the good work lads :) .

The cops will be on a mission, if they have an old score to settle : Hey partner, doesn't that guy looks like one of the hitmen on the list ? Well oh my yes he he does, ok shoot to kill, bang bang bang...... oh it wasn't him anyway, well he looked like him. Later at the police station the superintendent goes : Good try guys the guy did indeed look like one of the guys on the list...... keep up the good work lads :) .

Isn't this the kind of scenario that often occurred during the 'war on drugs'. Surely "Pol General Pongsapat Pongcharoen, director of an adhoc centre in charge of maintaining safety during the election" was taking his cue from the government, no?

Or, shock horror, is the government not in full control of the security forces?

In the unlikely event that it is then this surely is a PR blunder. Unless of course either outrage among voters at the war on drugs has dwindled over the years to nothing (or wasn't a big issue anyway), or the sensitivities of voters are not something the government is either familiar with or concerned about.

That's a new one.The police didn't have reason to believe that any of those of their list were drug dealers.Piffle.The police would be aware of local drug dealers as they are of hitmen with a record.

I thought this thread might produce some weird strains of illogical thinking, and I was right.

You were indeed right.

The usual suspects come up yet again with non-sequitur views of their perception of reality.

They offer unsubstantiated opinions, not facts. Nevertheless, that makes them happy.

The way the War on drugs was implemented is a symptom of the dysfunction of a system: past and present.

Alai goday!

:jap:

My personal opinion is that I do not really care, why? Do any of you think that your thoughts or ideas are wanted, needed, appreciated or even in teh slightest bit welcome?

It's their country let them run it themselves in good or bad way.

Edited by likewise

You were indeed right.

The usual suspects come up yet again with non-sequitur views of their perception of reality.

They offer unsubstantiated opinions, not facts. Nevertheless, that makes them happy.

The way the War on drugs was implemented is a symptom of the dysfunction of a system: past and present.

Alai goday!

:jap:

He sure was right, although making a prediction about "weird" thinking and then providing it in ones own post doesn't really prove much. Your addition, however, is an admirable proof. Well done!

Ah, guilty until proven innocent or shot dead. TIT

Your guilty before proven innocent in any country...that's what prosecutors are for.

Innocent before proven guilty is just an illusion and a facade to appear democratic.

Rubbish!

"These officers have the authority to use drastic measures if there are any violent encounters during the manhunt," said Pol General Pongsapat Pongcharoen, director of an adhoc centre in charge of maintaining safety during the election.

"Surrender now to save yourselves while you still can. Police are authorised to push the limits to 'obtain you', and all officers will be wellarmed and in bulletproof vests when they approach you."

This doesn't sound like a 'shoot to kill' order, more like 'extreme measures to avoid escape of suspects'. For Thai police that may be the same though.

BTW will someone please inform Robert A.

He sure was right, although making a prediction about "weird" thinking and then providing it in ones own post doesn't really prove much. Your addition, however, is an admirable proof. Well done!

Can you explain what you mean because it doesn't make any sense at present.

It's going to be an interesting week end. I'd really like to se how our friends for the Thaksin basher brigade, who were so vocal to oppose Thaksin war on drug, are going to justify the "shoot to kill" order now that it comes from their friends.

We already watched their debacle regarding subsidized healthcare. Lets hear how Manager is going to spin this subject.

Did Thaksin publish a list of 2500 people that were the targets in the drug war?

Do the Democrats have anything to do with this, or is it a police action?

Where did you get this number (2500) from? I believe there were hundreds of thousands of people on the blacklists during the war on drugs.

Isn't this the kind of scenario that often occurred during the 'war on drugs'. Surely "Pol General Pongsapat Pongcharoen, director of an adhoc centre in charge of maintaining safety during the election" was taking his cue from the government, no?

Or, shock horror, is the government not in full control of the security forces?

In the unlikely event that it is then this surely is a PR blunder. Unless of course either outrage among voters at the war on drugs has dwindled over the years to nothing (or wasn't a big issue anyway), or the sensitivities of voters are not something the government is either familiar with or concerned about.

If only there were outrage amongst voters about the war on drugs! Vast majority supported it, unfortunately. Anyway, you're right that this sort of policy is just a disaster waiting to happen... similar to the WOD.

how to determine that they are career killers?

similar strategy to Thaksin's war on drugs?

Quite easy really. If they are on the list, they are career killers?

Looking at all those smiling faces holding the guns. I think they can't wait, for a bit of sport. What was the name of the movie, where they hunted each other down, the last person alive won the game???

jb1

"A task force of 300 police officers has been set up to track down these gunmen and members of their gangs."

This statement implies that these 75 hitmen are possibly gang leaders as well and i would assume that the police are applying the shoot to kill policy to the gangs as well. Far too much opportunity for 'mission creep' here me thinks.

Do the smiles on the hunters' faces unnerve anyone? All the picture needs is a few stuffed heads mounted on the wall above. rolleyes.gif

This is the land of smiles, I don't know why I didn't see this type of happy picture in the travel brochure the first time I came?.

Did Thaksin publish a list of 2500 people that were the targets in the drug war?

Do the Democrats have anything to do with this, or is it a police action?

Where did you get this number (2500) from? I believe there were hundreds of thousands of people on the blacklists during the war on drugs.

More than 3,600 people got killed, not mentioning the containers in Satthahip where lots of skeletons were found by fishermen, then divers discovered many containers with- obviously- human bones and skulls.

But all in a sudden, the story disapeared, like the guys in the containers.

We're living in a very dangerous country where one life means nothing. :jap:

I find it hilarious that the red poodles of the forum try and make everyone fit into their mindset. Just because you terror apologists feel you have to justify, and come to the defense of, every thuggish policy, red stage loonie, and criminal foreign leader enacted by and/or supporting the big red chief, doesn't mean that us clearer thinking members must do the same. I realise it's hard for some of you to comprehend, but a bad policy is a bad policy, no matter who comes out with it. It's also extremely hypocritical to have supported, and argued for, the war on drugs, and now come out against this policy, simply because the Democrats happen to be in charge. Just another sign of the "red good, everything else bad" drivel spouted by some here. Good is good, bad is bad, they don't have colours.

Amen to that.

I could not agree more; good is good and bad is bad, and they don't have colors. And that includes red, yellow, black, white or brown.

Group hug w00t.gif ! The kings of self congratulation drunk.gif

You guys are completely hilarious clap2.gif !

Please explain how in your mind you managed to twist mutual agreement into self congratulation?

Perhaps in the same way you managed to twist disgust at Thaksin's war on drugs into support for this stupid "campaign"?

how to determine that they are career killers?

similar strategy to Thaksin's war on drugs?

Yep. They are career killers because they're on the list.

It will be interesting to see how many turn themselves in. Are "accidents" going to happen to them at the police station?

Death lists seem to be quite popular in this country :blink:

One more time the Thai police acts like a separate and almost independent entity. More time I live in Thailand and more I understand how few are the real freedom in this country

The police are 'a separate entity'. Where you going to go when they've refused help/screwed you over here in the Wild East?

There is no 'freedom' here. This place is a bloody joke and they call themselves an 'emerging nation'? The 'locals agree/suffer it also.

This is Cambodia. With many more Benth (sic) per capita.

More than 3,600 people got killed, not mentioning the containers in Satthahip where lots of skeletons were found by fishermen, then divers discovered many containers with- obviously- human bones and skulls.

As far as I remember the 'containers full of skeletons' was a rumour May 2009. Upon investigation of at least two containers no skeletons were found. Did I miss something ?

Edited by rubl

As far as I remember the 'containers full of skeletons' was a rumour May 2009. Upon investigation of at least two containers no skeletons were found. Did I miss something ?

Nope I do believe that you got it wright.

jb1