Do You Support Legalization Of Same Sex Marriage In Thailand?

Jingthing

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, this topic is now in the news; thus this poll.

Please vote the choice CLOSEST to your opinion; I am not into covering every possible permutation of opinion on the topic, rather looking for a rough general temperature taking of the feelings on this always controversial subject.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support it in the US, so why not here? It has absolutely no impact on my life what two other adults do or how they live, so I don't see how I can be against it. To me, it merely legitimizes a relationship and clears legal hurdles such as inheritance and such.

Besides, shouldn't everyone have the right to get screwed through divorce? :)

I support it in the US, so why not here? It has absolutely no impact on my life what two other adults do or how they live, so I don't see how I can be against it. To me, it merely legitimizes a relationship and clears legal hurdles such as inheritance and such.

And also IMMIGRATION.

Nice sentiments and very white of you to support something that you don't personally benefit from.

Keep in mind though that for a minority of Thais (and hopefully someday also sexual minority EXPATS), this is a big deal, and such a legal change will have a large and potentially positive impact on their lives.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, they should be able to marry. Only the bible thumpers want to stop it.

I'm fairly certain that when the existing case gets to the US Suprime Court it will be allow. Equal rights is equal rights, no if ands or buts.

And also IMMIGRATION.

Nice sentiments and very white of you to support something that you don't personally benefit from.

Keep in mind though that for a minority of Thais (and hopefully someday also sexual minority EXPATS), this is a big deal, and such a legal change will have a large and potentially positive impact on their lives.

To get extension based on marriage "the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year".

Falang ladies get a free ride if married to Thai.

So should gay couples get a free ride also? :unsure:

And also IMMIGRATION.

To get extension based on marriage "the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year".

Falang ladies get a free ride if married to Thai.

So should gay couples get a free ride also? :unsure:

I guess it depends who is Arthur and who is Martha - not sure how you would prove it though, lol.

And Jing - 'sexual minority'???

I frankly don't care. I don't see much use for marriage anymore between anyone. A piece of paper won't make someone happy. But, it should be easy enough to set up some sort o trust fund or will to protect the financial interests of both partners.

What's not natural about it? It has existed since the dawn of mankind and has never hurt a soul.

As for adoption, I assume you think it's better for a kid to grow up in an orphanage than with two loving parents? Talk about "<deleted>"...

What's not natural about it? It has existed since the dawn of mankind and has never hurt a soul.

As for adoption, I assume you think it's better for a kid to grow up in an orphanage than with two loving parents? Talk about "<deleted>"...

Medical studies reveal that it is a 'disorder'. Sexual organs are designed for reproduction - any other use is not natural. I've nothing against it and agree it doesn't hurt anyone.

actually, yes, an orphanage would be better. Are you serious?

• Like 1

Regarding same sex marriage, i couldn't care less. We already have couples of gay or lesbian staying in our house, whatever they do in the bedroom is none of my business ... as long as it stays in the bedroom.

Regarding adoption, call me old fashion but I believe growing up with a father and a mother, a man and a woman, is still the best option. So later whatever the kid choice is, it will be an educated decision.

...We already have couples of gay or lesbian staying in our house, whatever they do in the bedroom is none of my business ... as long as it stays in the bedroom...

Regarding adoption, call me old fashion but I believe growing up with a father and a mother, a man and a woman, is still the best option...

Is that supposed to mean you don't want them to have sex in your living room or otherwise eslewhere in your home? Seems an odd condition to have to explicitly make -- are you okay with heterosexual couples having sex anywhere they like in your house?

And as for the second., let's say for the sake of argument, you are right -- what if that is NOT an option?

Medical studies reveal that it is a 'disorder'.

Please show a source. (For even one of these studies.)

Thank you.

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/0964664259

I recommend you read this book.

Why would someone want to do that ....

now about those "studies" you say exist? ...... I am betting I can outpace you study by study that says homosexuality is a natural variant in humans and many other animals :)

But I am glad to know that you never ever ever do anything "unnatural", in fact beyond the vague idea of BJ's I bet you never ever ever wore both cotton and wool at the same time :)

BTW --- I null voted as the terminology is unimportant ....

Yeah, show us these "studies".

Have you ever engaged in oral or anal sex? Since they don't result in procreation, they are by your definition "unnatural" as well. Masturbation, too...

Different levels of depravity or perversions. None of your business how depraved I am.

Medical studies reveal that it is a 'disorder'.

Please show a source. (For even one of these studies.)

Thank you.

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/0964664259

I recommend you read this book.

Why would someone want to do that ....

now about those "studies" you say exist? ...... I am betting I can outpace you study by study that says homosexuality is a natural variant in humans and many other animals :)

But I am glad to know that you never ever ever do anything "unnatural", in fact beyond the vague idea of BJ's I bet you never ever ever wore both cotton and wool at the same time :)

BTW --- I null voted as the terminology is unimportant ....

I have nothing against homosexuals. i would defend to the death your right to be gay and that you be free of persecution by anyone, but I also defend my right to say that I don't believe that homosexuality is normal and I don't want that falsehood taught to my child in school.

• Like 1