Grass Or Lawn Seed.

I think our grass was 20 bht per sq metre or 40 bht if the supplier layed it for us. We chose that option as we have 1800 sq metres of lawn. Our grass is 'nua noi', commonly called Japanese grass. It stands up well to the strong sun here. If you have alot of shade Malaysia grass os an ok option although it's appearance is a matter of taste as it is not so 'neat' as nua noi.

Alot of nurseries supply grass or would likely be able to point you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just wondering whilst on the topic of grass, does anyone know where I can find the grass that was given out free by the district land departments to use as a natural protection against land slide/ land erosion,, I can't remember the name, but I know the land dept in our area has no more in stock as the wife paid them a visit a few weeks back, I would also be interested to know whether anyone has experience of this type of grass and the maintenance,,

thanks

• 8 months later...

I think we have Japanese grass in our garden, straight up type, and I am not too happy with it. It needs a lot of water to look nicely green and the grass under our ever bigger trees are not there anymore.

If we buy Malaysia grass is it easier to maintain? I think/hope it grow slower?

What about if we decide to change, can we just turn the old grass or should we put a new layer of dirt?

Thanks in advance from the non gardener.

You can find lawn seed in the garden market across from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. This market is open Fridays - Sundays. Will cost you 400 baht.

Yes I know the place it opposite our village, but I think we will buy turf which can be had same place, but thanks anyway.

Still no answer to my questions in post 8? Anybody?

I think we have Japanese grass in our garden, straight up type, and I am not too happy with it. It needs a lot of water to look nicely green and the grass under our ever bigger trees are not there anymore.

What about if we decide to change, can we just turn the old grass or should we put a new layer of dirt?

The Malaysia grass is easier to maintain and will grow OK in shady or heavy foot traffic areas, but, in the rainy season you could watch it growing!! Grows very quick when wet!!

As for replacement - depends on how deep your topsoil is.

The Malaysia grass is easier to maintain and will grow OK in shady or heavy foot traffic areas, but, in the rainy season you could watch it growing!! Grows very quick when wet!!

As for replacement - depends on how deep your topsoil is.

Thanks for that Lenny,

Will try change to Malaysia grass after I am finshed working overseas in app. 2 month time. Will hire somebody to do it and I will watch from the patio with a cold beer handycool.png

spray it out with glyphosphate and then rake out the dead material (after 2 weeks) to break the surface before putting new grass down

You can find lawn seed in the garden market across from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. This market is open Fridays - Sundays. Will cost you 400 baht.

Yes I know the place it opposite our village, but I think we will buy turf which can be had same place, but thanks anyway.

Still no answer to my questions in post 8? Anybody?

guzzi850m2 can you quote a price for turf available at that market across from BPH ?

guzzi850m2 can you quote a price for turf available at that market across from BPH ?

I just been quoted 50 bath/m2 from a garden man but I suspect that he charge 5-10 bath pr m2 but are not sure. Sadly I will go to Singapore for 2 month work tomorrow so I can't check myself.

Anyway I will need roughly 100m2 which will be 5000 bath for the grass alone + xx bath for changing the grass, I can live with that.

I know our old grass type was 20 bath/m2

I just been quoted 8400 bath incl grass, remove dirt/w old grass as they says it too high (I agree on that) so they have to dig down and remove app 5 - 10 cm of dirt and level it all out, so its quite a big job. They only measured my lawn to 65 m2 but not sure if the belt of trees are incl or not, don't think so.

I am already looking forward to come home from work and see the result.

What effect if any would glyphosphate have on family pets ?

Asking because I need to clean out all the old stuff and renew.

We are on a farm with five dogs, spray GF every few months..dogs are still alive...they stay away from anything spraying wet stuff!. Tend not to chew dead grasses. I suspect the amount of ingestion is minimal to zero and not harmful..could be wrong..lol

'corse if you have some high ticket rat on a string you might want to keep it in your bed/room for a while.

Re grass seed.just leave your potential lawn area fallow... it grows grass for some reason....same with any wood handled garden tool..leave it week and you'll have mangoes or summink? .....Seriously, bit hard to find seed here..I gave up....

• Like 1

• 9 months later...