Best Restaurants In Pattaya

deejah

Went to the buffet at Cherry's on Saturday night and was very impressed with the buffet. The quality and variety was unbeatable IMO at 325 baht.

Please explain the impressiveness, krap... what'd they serve?

Where to start! I don't eat seafood but there were various fish dishes and mussels which went down well with my friends. There was a bbq station offering usual pork/ beef/ chicken - didn't try it as it looked bland and there was too much other stuff.

Hors-douvres a-plenty (spring rolls, cheese and onion tarts, volauvents etc) along with a full salad bar.

I then moved on to some awesome braised beef, some lovely baby back ribs, honey roasted duck and a small fillet steak. Then there were roasted potatoes, vegetables of many types (boiled stir fried etc). There was so much more there that I really can't remember. They had some tom yam gung and kao pat if the other half does not eat western food, frankly you would be better to order any Thai food a la carte.

There was a cold dessert bar from which I saw at least 6 nice looking things brought back to the table (fresh fruit tarts, creme brulee, creme caramel to name a few), I was too full to partake in these sadly.

I am not normally a buffet fan as I feel quality is normally sacrificed, but this was excellent quality and the variety was huge.

Next time I will go earlier, stay longer, and drink water instead of beer to avoid becoming bloated :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never base my choice on reviews that I read here. Tastes and opinions vary greatly. I have thoroughly enjoyed the food at restaurants that have had terrible reviews. On the other hand I have had inedible food from some that were absolutely raved about. Try whatever looks good to you and make up your own mind.

Edited by Gary A

I can't really believe though that Cherry's cuts it as best in town, good value perhaps, but if a restaurant serving what they sold me is on a best in town list, that's a very sad eating town.

I have not been for a while, but if one considers the price, I would say that it is one of the best places in town. Good food at a good price and plenty of food.

I'm sure there are better places, but I did not find any in that price range with such a variety.

That buffet does sound good! Maybe it's better to stick with their promotions and buffets rather than a la carte ...

I never tried any of their ala carte, they have a great promo every time we go there. The Western Buffet Wednesdays and Saturdays is great value, I love the endless smoked salmon, salmon pate, goose pate, ham and melon most but also their baked fish dishes are great. Oh and the desserts, yum!

We also tried their set 4-course dinner a couple of times. Still great value, though it is true as reported that they sometimes need to time the deliveries better - they often bring the next dish out before you're ready. Not a big problem, but it would be nice if they didn't.

Can hardly walk out of there so we try to limit it to not end up as blimps :P

Another favorite is the small unassuming Italian restaurant on the top of Thappaya road. It was known as "the 90 baht spaghetti place" for years, but the real name is "Buondi Da Noong Ristoran Tino". It really is a typical ristorante as you'd find it in small towns all over North Italy. Excellent pasta and antipasti as la nonna made it and very reasonable prices - most dishes are around 150 baht or so. The many Italians eating there every day proves its authenticity. I don't think they make pizza, never saw one there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Preecha...its the best seafood in Pattaya although it is about 10-15 minutes out of town in Ban Amphur...go around 6 oclock as they run out of food and its right on the water..great family style eating..everything is live in the tanks and their preparations are the best. Lots of different things to try and its about 300-500 baht per person depending on how much shellfish you order..a great place to take tourists as the crowd is 95% thai...can get very busy on the weekends with the Bangkok crowd

Heartily agree about Preecha. Worth the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

the indian rest at the royal cliff

small but nice ambiance

food excellent

try the set a and set b for 500 each

plenty of food!!!!

if there is more indian food this good in pattaya,

please post name location and price range

small but nice ambiance

food excellent

plenty of food!!!!

Pang, krap...

Went to Tigglebitties on Soi 17 3rd Road or Soi 8 Thepprasit depending on where you are coming from. Had a late lunch - jalapino poppers and chicken fajitias (sorry if the spelling is wrong but you know what I mean). Very good and a large serve. Also had a root beer floater which was great. Well worth a visit.

I will try their breakfast very soon.

small but nice ambiance

food excellent

plenty of food!!!!

Indian food at The Mantra is excellent.

I can't remember the price exactly but it was about 350 baht.

Edited by Tolley

Last night I went with 2 friends to L'Olivier Restaurant in Jomtien Complex.

We all had the 4 course dinner for Baht 299.

This includes soup of the day

salad bar

choice of 3 main courses

dessert

Soup of the day was pumpkin

Main course: Mixed sea food served in a vol au vent

Steak with a whisky sauce

Filet of fish in a meuniere sauce

Dessert: lots choice

salad bar: pate-3 kinds, pastrami, salami, olives, pasta salad,potato salad, rice salad, stuffed tomatoes, plus more

Food was very good - we all enjoyed our meals. They were large portions.

Dessert: I had the creme caramel which was perfect, one friend had the apple tart which was a very large slice and the third tried the baked meringue with custard. All comments were positive

With dessert there are some on the menu which you have to pay extra for.

Well worth a visit.

I know we will be returning.

salad bar

choice of 3 main courses

dessert

salad bar: pate-3 kinds, pastrami, salami, olives, pasta salad,potato salad, rice salad, stuffed tomatoes, plus more

Dessert: I had the creme caramel which was perfect, one friend had the apple tart which was a very large slice and the third tried the baked meringue with custard. All comments were positive

Well worth a visit.

Another great food post from the AC, thanks a lot. We really like Olivier's, too- nice food (love the salad bar!), reasonable pricing, very good service... When farang friends are in town, it's a nice (and cool) place to take 'em for a very good meal that doesn't break the bank. Great for a romantic night out with your TGF, as well. But, AC... about these 03:49 posts: Wussup, had enough beauty sleep already this month??

B)

salad bar

choice of 3 main courses

dessert

Well worth a visit.

Another great food post from the AC, thanks a lot. We really like Olivier's, too- nice food (love the salad bar!), reasonable pricing, very good service... When farang friends are in town, it's a nice (and cool) place to take 'em for a very good meal that doesn't break the bank. Great for a romantic night out with your TGF, as well. But, AC... about these 03:49 posts: Wussup, had enough beauty sleep already this month??

With my charm and personality I don't need beauty sleep :ph34r:

salad bar

choice of 3 main courses

dessert

Well worth a visit.

Agree Olivier's is very good food and value for money...haven't been in awhile and good to hear they're still in business. There was also a place nearby called Zzzs or Zazzs or someting...also was very good but don't know if they are still open...maybe I'm dating myself.

salad bar

choice of 3 main courses

dessert

Well worth a visit.

Agree Olivier's is very good food and value for money...haven't been in awhile and good to hear they're still in business. There was also a place nearby called Zzzs or Zazzs or someting...also was very good but don't know if they are still open...maybe I'm dating myself.

Antz? Haven't been yet but have heard good reports.

It's Zazza's or something, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure that one is shut. It was Euro food.

Antz is another one, mostly Thai food. I find it overpriced for what it is, under par farangasized Thai food with flaky service. The last time I was there, only customer, ordered two dishes, one came, waiting for the other, it never came. Guess the waiter thought I was too fat.

Olivier, it's pretty good for the price but the general agreement of the people I've gone there with is that the buffet foods which are included in the set meals are over salted and don't taste as good as they look. (To sell more drinks?) Also, I recall the nam soda is something like 60 baht, a tad rude.

Edited by Jingthing

Whats happened to the Pogoda in the Jomtien complex? i hear its shut down, shame if it is as when we have been there the food ( in our opinion ) is always very good and it was always one of the busier restaurants around there, So cant understand why if it is.

H & H

Edited by hazelandhoward

Whats happened to the Pogoda in the Jomtien complex? i hear its shut down, shame if it is as when we have been there the food ( in our opinion ) is always very good and it was always one of the busier restaurants around there, So cant understand why if it is.

H & H

Pagoda went a few months back. It is now a tapa place- I think called Beach. Looks good - we were actually going there on Saturday Night but it was closed. Will be trying it soon.

H & H

Pagoda went a few months back. It is now a tapa place- I think called Beach. Looks good - we were actually going there on Saturday Night but it was closed. Will be trying it soon.

Tapas, oh boy!! (ok, Thai tapas; wait 'n see...) Sounds great, krap- thanks!

B)

post-72929-0-76322900-1310372751_thumb.j

H & H

Tapas, oh boy!! (ok, Thai tapas; wait 'n see...) Sounds great, krap- thanks!

B)

Hoping they are good - am looking ofrward to it!!!

The chef isn't Spanish. Don't get carried away with your expectations. Also they made it clear to me they aren't marketing exclusively as a tapas place or a Spanish place. They don't feel there is a market here for such a place. My response, hire a Spanish chef, you might be surprised. Their daily set menus are generic Euro, not Spanish, as is MOST of their menu. The cold tapas in the "cheap" set (the set option includes ONLY the cold ones) don't look so good (not classic Spanish tapas anyway) in the pictures but hidden in the hot tapas a la carte are things like Patatas bravas (more expensive per item). They do have paella (two serve only) for 490 baht and Crema Catalana (rare in Thailand) for 100 baht. They complained olive oil is expensive in Thailand, so I think you can figure out what that's going to mean if you order a dish that you expect a lot (or even any) olive oil in it. I guess its fair to say I am VERY skeptical about this place, and haven't tried it yet. You guys, be the guinea pigs please.

BTW, I have nothing against "creative" tapas but personally would prefer to see tapas menus that include most of the SPANISH classics before adding novelty items.

Edited by Jingthing

^tell them if they do good Tapas there WILL be a demand for it. My missus loves tapas and we'll be weekly visitors.

Edit: by two serves only for the paella do you mean it's a dish for 2 people to share?

Edited by PattayaParent

^tell them if they do good Tapas there WILL be a demand for it. My missus loves tapas and we'll be weekly visitors.

Edit: by two serves only for the paella do you mean it's a dish for 2 people to share?

I tried to tell them that they might have a hit if they focused more clearly on a special niche, but bottom line, they really don't have the cooking experience and background to pull it off.

Yes, on the paella, they don't do a size for one person. Only two. I suppose if you were three or four you could order 2 orders of the for 2 size, or if alone, they'd probably sell you the for 2 size if you insist, but won't scale it down.