General Question About Visa

Hello my friends expats!

How are you?

I am kind of new here but I have some general questions to ask you about the visitor visa. Just to let you know, I am Canadian. I already have my first Thai visitor visa that can last 60 days and is a single entry. I am gonna be an expat like you in a few weeks!

The question I have is: What do you have to do after those 60 days are over? Do you have to go to the immigration and ask for another Visa before quitting the country and coming back or you have to go to a Thai embassy in another country to have another 60 Days visitor Visa?

Thank you for your answer! You understand I dont want to get in an immigration jail right!!!

A Tourist Visa gives 60 days. This can be extended by 30 days at Immigration (1,900 Baht)

After this you have to visit another country and get a Visa unless you qualify for extensions by having a Thai family, Retirement, Work, Education etc.

A good idea is to get a double or triple entry in your own country before coming.

A Tourist Visa gives 60 days. This can be extended by 30 days at Immigration (1,900 Baht)

After this you have to visit another country and get a Visa unless you qualify for extensions by having a Thai family, Retirement, Work, Education etc.

A good idea is to get a double or triple entry in your own country.

I already took a single entry (Shame on me!!!!)! So, I will just get out of Thailand after my 60 days and get another multiple entry at a Thai embassy :D

Thank you for the advice :)

Depends on how long you intend to stay ?

For reference, you get 15 days by land border and 30 days by Air visa exempt entries.

So, if you only needed an extra few days/ weeks over and above your actual visa you could use either method as a top up.

Edited by CharlieH

Depends on how long you intend to stay ?

For reference, you get 15 days by land border and 30 days by Air visa exempt entries.

So, if you only needed an extra few days/ weeks over and above your actual visa you could use either method as a top up.

Actually, I would like to stay there as long as I can. Until I get the 300000 BAHT needed to get the other Visa, I am gonna have to stay there as a visitor. I can not get the retirement one as I am only 26 :D

300k does not equate to any visa or extension of stay requirement that I am aware of. On what basis do you believe that would provide you a longer stay (other than paying your bills perhaps). You say "the other" as if it is a done deal.

"Until I get the 300000 BAHT needed to get the other Visa"

And what exactly is this about ? sounds like you have possibly been given wrong information somewhere, can you explain why you think this ?