Skateboarding And Bike Stuff

Trebek

Hi there,

My son and I are considering a move to Chiang Rai. He is an avid skateboardist and wants to know if there are any cool places to skate in CR. Any skateshops?

I would like to know if the bicycle is a viable form of transport in Chiang Rai. How's the traffic situation, bike shops ect..

Hi there,

My son and I are considering a move to Chiang Rai.  He is an avid skateboardist and wants to know if there are any cool places to skate in CR.  Any skateshops?

I would like to know if the bicycle is a viable form of transport in Chiang Rai.  How's the traffic situation, bike shops ect..

Dear Mr. Trebek,

reading some other topics in this local forum you must come to the conclusion that Chiang Rai is the Mecca for bicyclists.

There are three good to very good bikeshops. Northern Bike at the super highway not far from Ban Du is for the professionals (top brands), Fat Free, opposite the First Church at the main crossing in town for semi-professionals and people like your son and me (good service as well), and Khun Ed, next to the Military Bank on the Tannalai Road in the former Paw Wattana Hotel is the person for service and occasions (not always, but when he has, they are reasonably prized).

I have several Thai friends who use their bicycle to go to their work, even on rainy days. The town has three bicycle clubs and in the early mornings and late afternoons you see a lot of bikers. The people who were biking ten- fifteen years ago use Honda Dreams nowadays. Biking is not really seen as a mean of transport but a way to keep in shape.

But skateboarding?

Here lays a task for you! Chiang Rai is waiting for a genuine pioneer in this field.

It might be your son :o

Welcome to Chiang Rai!

Limbo.

Hi there,

My son and I are considering a move to Chiang Rai.  He is an avid skateboardist and wants to know if there are any cool places to skate in CR.  Any skateshops?

I would like to know if the bicycle is a viable form of transport in Chiang Rai.  How's the traffic situation, bike shops ect..

Hi Trebek.Welcome to Thaivisa and to Chiang rai.

You would definitly be coming to the right place if you are interested in cycling.Chiang Rai has lots of cyclists and its increasing in popularity every week.

Last year my son, who is also an avid skateboarder, came to Chiang Rai.

He was a bit dissappointed that the sport was'nt very popular but he did meet up with some young people who practice everyday at the old prison in the city.

post-8092-1129295672.gif

Edited by tayto