Bamboo Poles.

FRM-BKK

Dear Forum members,

I am looking to obtain two or three Bamboo poles of 3.5 to 4 meters in length. I wish to use the poles to be tied to the underside of my boat-trailer.

My boat, together with the trailer will arrive in a 40 feet container at the port of Laem Chabang, from the UK later this year.

In order to get the boat - which sits on its trailer - out of the container, it will need to be lifted out of the container from a height of about 5 feet and could be done with 8 people or so. Because there are very few holding points at the back of the boat or on the trailer, (see picture) the Bamboo poles would be fixed/tied length-wise to the underside of the frame of the trailer and as such create additional points by which lifting the boat and trailer would be made possible and easier.

Therefore, the poles need to be thick/strong enough to support the total weight of the boat and trailer, which is 230 Kilos all together.

Does anybody know where in Pattaya I could go and have a look around to get poles of this kind ?

If obtaining Bamboo fails, I have considered scaffolding poles of the same length.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Frm-Bkk

post-18959-0-13860200-1309450448_thumb.j

Head south on Sukhumvit and about 50m after you go through the lights at Chaiypruek crossroads you will see a shop on your left with bamboo poles, immediately round the corner from the shop front is their yard - every possible bamboo pole you could ever want !!

Head south on Sukhumvit and about 50m after you go through the lights at Chaiypruek crossroads you will see a shop on your left with bamboo poles, immediately round the corner from the shop front is their yard - every possible bamboo pole you could ever want !!

Thank you LennyW.

Your details have been noted and a visit to this shop and yard will be imminent.

Thank you very much.

Frm-Bkk