On A Brighter Note

rakatze

I use the Villa Market store in The Avenue a lot and find its excellent. It is a bit pricier than some but I've no trouble findlng local varieties of Western products there.

And contrary to remarks in other forum re other outlets, the staff are friendly and have been very helpful whenever I've need assistance.

Plus its open 24 hrs !

Wish they did some cheaper cheese though :(

Londo

Oooooooooooooooooh! Your Aaaammmmmmaaaazzzzzziiiinnngggg! What a find! Did you come to Thailand to eat pate and brie, could have stayed home and saved a lot of money. :cheesy:

Not everybody come to Thailand because of the food, in fact I'm not particular fond of Thai food myself and one of the reasons I choose Pattaya of all places is the easy availability of foreign food, both supermarkets and restaurants.

Oooooooooooooooooh! Your Aaaammmmmmaaaazzzzzziiiinnngggg! What a find! Did you come to Thailand to eat pate and brie, could have stayed home and saved a lot of money. :cheesy:

Not everybody come to Thailand because of the food, in fact I'm not particular fond of Thai food myself and one of the reasons I choose Pattaya of all places is the easy availability of foreign food, both supermarkets and restaurants.

And especially to Pattaya. :whistling:

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

To visit Villa Market you have got to be a financial Masochist!

Not exactly. Yes, some of the prices are extremely uncompetitive compared to other markets (for example the same avocados for double the price of other markets), but for some of their products, the prices are the same or even less. For example, the Thai vegetable/herb area (but not the fruit for some strange reason), staples such as tofu, pasta sauces, etc. I find I shop there occasionally for some staples which are priced fine and then there are usually some higher priced "luxury" items I also want that you can't find everywhere, such as flaxseed and 100 agave tequila. This is probably a good strategy for them to mix OK priced stuff with temptations. I seriously doubt they get too many customers filling their carts with 400 baht tomatoes.

Edited by Jingthing

I often forget villa market is there. Yeah sure it's a bit expensive but it does carry stuff seemingly aimed at a western market. If your moaning about not being able to buy your favourite brand of teabag or sauce that's probably the place to check

Villa (The Avenue) has been thinning out their selection of western foods and is not open 24 hours anymore. Just a sign of the times in Pattaya.

Huh? I'm pretty sure that ARE still 24/4. For awhile they weren't, but last I checked they are back to 24. I haven't really noticed a reduction of western items. Like what exactly?

yesterday i visited villa supermarket at soi khao noi....

and indeed they sell some things what the tesco/tops and 7/11 not sell at the darkside...

but at khao noi it whas limited...but if you live on the darkside and want some brie or other cheese villa supermarket is an option insteed of driving to foodland or friendship,but this villa supermarket is kind of incomplete(at khao noi)sample,i could by nice cheese there,but if i need something else like t-bone or a nice sauce i still need to drive foodland or friendship...

so this is a - point...and at the end useless to use...

And i am talking about villa supermarket at soi khao noi....

jap.gif

Huh? I'm pretty sure that ARE still 24/4. For awhile they weren't, but last I checked they are back to 24.

Definitely some sign up there the other day announcing overnight closing. I never go out late so I didnt bother about the details.

I dont even know what a "Honey Nut Cheerio" is. But it certainly does sound disgusting, and I suspect that it contains no honey, no nuts and precious little cheer either.

Jeez Darrel...you've got a way with words!!

hahahaha

You had me snickering...thanks for a pleasant start to the day.

FWIW...they sound pretty offputing to me too.

I dont even know what a "Honey Nut Cheerio" is. But it certainly does sound disgusting, and I suspect that it contains no honey, no nuts and precious little cheer either.

Ask a kid !!:lol:

and indeed they sell some things what the tesco/tops and 7/11 not sell at the darkside...

but at khao noi it whas limited...but if you live on the darkside and want some brie or other cheese villa supermarket is an option insteed of driving to foodland or friendship,but this villa supermarket is kind of incomplete(at khao noi)sample,i could by nice cheese there,but if i need something else like t-bone or a nice sauce i still need to drive foodland or friendship...

jap.gif

this shop has nothing to do with the Villa Market chain, actually it is called "The Village Market". The Logo is somewhat very close to the original, though...

jap.gif

this shop has nothing to do with the Villa Market chain, actually it is called "The Village Market". The Logo is somewhat very close to the original, though...

Thanks for your info...i really thought it whas the same....

I like villa for its selection of imported goods. But beware of the meat. Alot of times it is old. They do not get the traffic that foodland and friendship gets and the turnover of the meat isn't as quick. I have bought chicken breasts and have them turn bad after being in the fridge for one day. I only buy meat at foodland and friendship now.

I like villa for its selection of imported goods. But beware of the meat. Alot of times it is old. They do not get the traffic that foodland and friendship gets and the turnover of the meat isn't as quick. I have bought chicken breasts and have them turn bad after being in the fridge for one day. I only buy meat at foodland and friendship now.

I agree with that 100 percent. If they can't sell fresh meat, they should give it up entirely. Have had the exact same experience there, more than once, so now I stopped buying meat there.