Cheeseburger And Chips In Kata/Karon

nashslash

Funny I was just thinking the same thing !!!! ..... what ever happened to NASA burger ??? ..... their chicken burgers and food was good and I think one of the better takeaway food places around Kata !!!

any new recommendations would be great !!!

Are you asking for recommendations or just telling everyone what you're doing?

Read the title, pointless post. Some people ... :whistling:

“Cheeseburger And Chips In Kata/Karon Your recommendations"

Problem may be that the subheader, in this case 'your recommendations' does not appear on all mobiles.

Funny I was just thinking the same thing !!!! ..... what ever happened to NASA burger ??? ..... their chicken burgers and food was good and I think one of the better takeaway food places around Kata !!!

NASA Burger first moved from their location at the intersection to Katekwan Road, next to my shop, where they had a proper restaurant. Too much keymoney to be paid at the old location. Not enough business though at their new location, so they recently changed and are now selling all kind of garments. Again, not enough business so they are closed quite often now. I think the shophouse is owned by the brother of the lady running it, that is why they are still there. If it were a normal rental place they would have been long gone.

Vince, the original owner, returned to the UK. I know the land on which the original shop was built was owned by his wife's family so very little rent/key money changed hands at first. I presume he split from his wife and that was the end of it.

There's nothing similar as far as I am aware in the vicinity. I've heard Harry's in Karon does a decent burger but I haven't tried it. The new owner has by all accounts improved the food there. But they are closed until October so I have not really helped the OP at all!

Vince, the original owner, returned to the UK. I know the land on which the original shop was built was owned by his wife's family so very little rent/key money changed hands at first. I presume he split from his wife and that was the end of it.

There's nothing similar as far as I am aware in the vicinity. I've heard Harry's in Karon does a decent burger but I haven't tried it. The new owner has by all accounts improved the food there. But they are closed until October so I have not really helped the OP at all!

Vince claimed the original NASA land was owned by his GF family, but it was more likely public posessed land, now paved as a road

They did have good burgers :P

so did the burger joint outside KL Mart in Chalong

until any new found, homeburgers have to do :)

Give up on finding a good burger in thailand.

Buy Thai-french at villa/central and make your patties.

Sea salt/pepper/wisthechire(because its not premium meat)

caramelize onions in canola oil + butter

then

Cook in cast iron with canola oil + butter if theres not enough left at 50% power on burner.. turn only once after maybe 3-4mins? put good quality imported yellow cheese slice after 2:30 for 30secs~

add condiment to burger bread

and voila. You have a 60-100 baht burger depending on what you use that will taste better than any burger you've paid 300baht at a restaurant for.

Doesn't take more than a good cooking method to make a good burger, nothing you add or even the quality of the meat can compare to a good burned, that doesn't taste like its burned, crust.

Sincerely, a meat enthusiast.

Edited by seriouseats

GF and I went for a bike ride last night and I got this sudden urge for draft beer

Angus o Tools in Karon. Biggest in Town burger, no kidding, like half a pound(225g), lots of chips and onion rings, choise of medium or well done burger and it actually was medium

Americans would probably consider it a joke, as burger bun is not exactly to Burgerkings spec, and chips are british chips, large, cooked once in oil for rather short time. No french fries, no pommes frites, irish/british chips

I loved it, genuine British burger and chips :P

but the price, 280 baht, ad 50 baht for a tiny slice of bacon and 20 baht for the smell of cheese, your at 350 baht

Nice Irish pub setting, Kilkenny bitter and Guiness draft, pints at 190 baht :)

I will be back for the beer, the burger not so often due to price ;)

GF and I went for a bike ride last night and I got this sudden urge for draft beer

Angus o Tools in Karon. Biggest in Town burger, no kidding, like half a pound(225g), lots of chips and onion rings, choise of medium or well done burger and it actually was medium

Americans would probably consider it a joke, as burger bun is not exactly to Burgerkings spec, and chips are british chips, large, cooked once in oil for rather short time. No french fries, no pommes frites, irish/british chips

I loved it, genuine British burger and chips :P

but the price, 280 baht, ad 50 baht for a tiny slice of bacon and 20 baht for the smell of cheese, your at 350 baht

Nice Irish pub setting, Kilkenny bitter and Guiness draft, pints at 190 baht :)

I will be back for the beer, the burger not so often due to price ;)

Feel home sick now. :( Have a pint for me next time. :)

Give up on finding a good burger in thailand.

Buy Thai-french at villa/central and make your patties.

Sea salt/pepper/wisthechire(because its not premium meat)

caramelize onions in canola oil + butter

then

Cook in cast iron with canola oil + butter if theres not enough left at 50% power on burner.. turn only once after maybe 3-4mins? put good quality imported yellow cheese slice after 2:30 for 30secs~

add condiment to burger bread

and voila. You have a 60-100 baht burger depending on what you use that will taste better than any burger you've paid 300baht at a restaurant for.

Doesn't take more than a good cooking method to make a good burger, nothing you add or even the quality of the meat can compare to a good burned, that doesn't taste like its burned, crust.

Sincerely, a meat enthusiast.

+1. Exactly what I do. I have yet to find a place that can make a burger as good as mine, IMHO.

If/when Ricky's grill (Rick'N'Roll) opens again in the high season, he makes a good one too. Ribs as well.

+1. Exactly what I do. I have yet to find a place that can make a burger as good as mine, IMHO.

If/when Ricky's grill (Rick'N'Roll) opens again in the high season, he makes a good one too. Ribs as well.

SB - Rick's is open now.....well some times! From what I have seen maybe they are open 3 times a week! Great Business Strategy!

I've given up trying to find a really good burger (at a reasonable price). I agree with the others that it's best to make your own - although the ingredients in my burgers are a bit more involved than those of seriouseats. I also use bread slices rather than buns - important to use quality bread rather than those awful sweetened standard loaves.

I've given up trying to find a really good burger (at a reasonable price). I agree with the others that it's best to make your own - although the ingredients in my burgers are a bit more involved than those of seriouseats. I also use bread slices rather than buns - important to use quality bread rather than those awful sweetened standard loaves.

Quality bread can be bought at the bakery next to The Family restaurant. Not expensive either.

Wrong location, but Mom's in Kamala (from Patong turn right at the second set of traffic lights, 400 metres on your left) do an excellent home-made cheeseburger and chips (not fries) for an affordable 130 baht, generous portions.

Wrong location, but Mom's in Kamala (from Patong turn right at the second set of traffic lights, 400 metres on your left) do an excellent home-made cheeseburger and chips (not fries) for an affordable 130 baht, generous portions.

I agree. Good burger, good price. But, it's Mam's not Mom's.:D

Yes the Burgers at Rick n Roll were very good last year, I am sure when he back up and running he will again. With new look maybe this year will be great for him. Good Luck

SB - Rick's is open now.....well some times! From what I have seen maybe they are open 3 times a week! Great Business Strategy!

I'm talking about the grill/kitchen Milanman. The bar is open everyday with shortened low-season hours if it's not a no-alcohol holiday/election weekend with the exception of a few days here and there due to staffing issues. Ricky is back in the states at the moment due to health and other personal reasons. This is not a "business strategy." But I know you will take any shot you can at Ricky. I credit him with staying mostly open during this abysmal low season. As much can not be said of many other establishments.

Now, can we please stay on topic. (Burgers, not Ricky's "business strategy")

Not in Kata, but another potential "Best burger in Phuket" contender is Friendship Beach. Sometimes live music too.

http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com/2007/01/restaurant-tips-friendship-beach.html

Quality bread can be bought at the bakery next to The Family restaurant. Not expensive either.

And the rolls (buns) are good too.

Big One in Kata, exellent Hamburger and Hot dog bread

Mmmmm... not so sure. If very fresh the bread is acceptable, but often the bread is past it's sell by date. I used to be a fan of Big One bread but now I go the distance and buy at the Bakery next to Tesco Chalong.

And the rolls (buns) are good too.

Big One in Kata, exellent Hamburger and Hot dog bread

Mmmmm... not so sure. If very fresh the bread is acceptable, but often the bread is past it's sell by date. I used to be a fan of Big One bread but now I go the distance and buy at the Bakery next to Tesco Chalong.

Big One Kata is supplied by baker twice a week, but I wont tell when :D

but I will try Family/Tesco Chalong Rawai baker.

Basicly I am happy as long as sugar content is low. it all becomes fresh with a few seconds on the grill :P