Mc Donalds In Udon Thani

rocketmanbkk

It sounds like you have a vivid imagination and no facts to support irrational claims.

As Memock is a fine upstanding fellow. A scholar and gentlemen, as well.

Actually I am in a wheel chair, left school in year 4 and am female but thanks anyway zzzaa09!

:D

Oh, excuse me.

I've mistaken you for someone else.

Apologies extended.....:jap:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as your walking to the train station ,look to your right.In the distance you'll see A traffic light 1/3 to 1/2 mile down.When you get near the light at the intersection you;ll cee the Mcdonalds on your left.Thats one of the positive things they've done to udon in the last couple of years.Now they're adding on to the mall thats A plus also.

Do you live in Udon? I do and these things are in my mind negatives. More traffic congestion, a building boom looking to bust, and westernization on a scale that is destroying the Thai way of life. Seems like all the crap I left behing in the States has followed me here.

The easiest thing in the world to make your own satisfying burger at home,maybe some don't have a home that is the problem,or a cooker even.

Red's burger bars treats:

You should try my homemade somtam burger started selling them on the market 40 baht a piece,the Thais love the taste of home in them,i would recommend you travel to khon kaen and taste them now!

Also in the near finishing stages is the new enhanced pad pow burger made with pork and and a juicy egg inside....mai suk!

Old favorites include my award coming pak pak bung vegetarian burger for the vegans amongst us,

For the fish lovers try the "cat" burger with a dreamy chilli mayonnaise sauce...mmmmm jap.gif

Menu on application only and price list of course,i wil be at a market in Udon soon or someone with my burgers will,forget the kebabs this is the future of (food)burgers in Thailand.

as your walking to the train station ,look to your right.In the distance you'll see A traffic light 1/3 to 1/2 mile down.When you get near the light at the intersection you;ll cee the Mcdonalds on your left.Thats one of the positive things they've done to udon in the last couple of years.Now they're adding on to the mall thats A plus also.

Do you live in Udon? I do and these things are in my mind negatives. More traffic congestion, a building boom looking to bust, and westernization on a scale that is destroying the Thai way of life. Seems like all the crap I left behing in the States has followed me here.

Shouldn't bother with this direction of critique, my friend.

Always falls on deaf ears and sticky minds.:(

I'm lovin' it

Don't worry. If zzaa09 wants to get rid of McDonald's then closing it down will be a cause celeb amongst Isaan expats in no time. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

*Sigh* here we go again. Please stop putting words into my mouth fingers.

Where did I say there are restaurants with no staff? :unsure:

For example: A restaurant has two cooks, a cleaner and three wait staff. They lose half their customers so have to lay off one cook, the cleaner and make the wait staff clean the dishes as well.

If any business were to lose half their customers (due to another business moving in to town) maybe their business needs some improvement. Or maybe it is the newness factor that will attract customers to the new business.

If the business that suffers the loss of half their customers is a good business customers will return over time. Competition is good for the consumer and for the town as well.

I'm lovin' it

ha ha, great post but it is going to be lost on Memo.

oops, I didn't mean to start WW111!!!!

Just wanted to know if there was one in Udon.

I'll think about what inpact my simple questions have in future.

Thanks for letting me know anyway.

Regards

Best to remember the left wingers and folks out to protect Thailand from itself are a sensitive lot.

Given the size of Udon I had obviously already assumed that the place was full of restaurants that you mentioned. Do I really care? Nope - I don't give a hoot! All I did in this thread was question a poster who called having a maccas a 'positive thing'.

Some how that brought out a few nutters who couldn't (and still cannot) read who seem to think I have it in for anything western. Anyone who knows me would understand how stupid that line of thinking is. Ahhhh all a good laugh in my book anyway. Never a dull moment on Thai Visa, especially around full moon time!

Given the size of Udon I had obviously already assumed that the place was full of restaurants that you mentioned. Do I really care? Nope - I don't give a hoot! All I did in this thread was question a poster who called having a maccas a 'positive thing'.

Some how that brought out a few nutters who couldn't (and still cannot) read who seem to think I have it in for anything western. Anyone who knows me would understand how stupid that line of thinking is. Ahhhh all a good laugh in my book anyway. Never a dull moment on Thai Visa, especially around full moon time!

Nonetheless my friend, there are these tight groups that will defend to the core their Western conveniences regardless of how goofy they might come across.

Some how that brought out a few nutters..

It certainly did. People who make a crusade out of closing down restaurants that other people enjoy are a strange lot. It is so easy to just walk on by if you do not want to eat at a particular place. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I never said it tastes bad (I personal think it is very average last time I had some many years ago) as that is up to the individual. I was simply questioning how it can be a positive for a town.

One can be selective at Mc Donalds and NOT eat the oil entrenched fries or potato cakes. There is even salad available. True, it can be a nice break from Thai food.

Some Thai dishes are not healthy either... many of the dishes have coconut oil in them and some food items fried in palm oil --not healthy either. Is that positive for the town?

Edited by toenail

I never said it tastes bad (I personal think it is very average last time I had some many years ago) as that is up to the individual. I was simply questioning how it can be a positive for a town.

One can be selective at Mc Donalds and NOT eat the oil entrenched fries or potato cakes. There is even salad available. True, it can be a nice break from Thai food.

Some Thai dishes are not healthy either... many of the dishes have coconut oil in them and some food items fried in palm oil --not healthy either. Is that positive for the town?

You don't truly consider McDouchebag's salads to be even reasonably, do you?

• 2 weeks later...

Just stay clear of the joints, there the 1st targets for any extremists/ terrorist attack, prime example of yank capitolism explioting youth of countries worldwide, Why anyone would eat that shit when you can have khou mun ghai, khou tom moo, phad khapou nua sap, for a third of the price & cooked fresh while you wait.

regards songhklasid :bah:

Just stay clear of the joints, there the 1st targets for any extremists/ terrorist attack, prime example of yank capitolism explioting youth of countries worldwide, Why anyone would eat that shit when you can have khou mun ghai, khou tom moo, phad khapou nua sap, for a third of the price & cooked fresh while you wait.

regards songhklasid :bah:

Because it tastes good.

Terrorist targets ... maybe for KFC.

Because it tastes good.

It does? Perhaps conditioning has taken it's toll.

If you are going to be an idiot, please try to use correct grammar. It's is a contraction for it is.

Perhaps if we try to help you by correcting your grammar each time, the conditioning will kick in and you can qualify for that English teaching job.

This is a very simple thing. If you don't like McDonalds, DON'T eat there. I happen to think that particular location is nicer than most and I enjoy the change of pace. If I listened to all the health food nuts, I'd starve to death. All things in moderation is the secret to good health.