Beer Lao - Light And Dark

NanLaew

Fixing to lay in a case of each for mates arriving during a weekend with some 'dry' spells! I heard Makro has Beer Lao but do they have BOTH varieties? What's the cost? Anywhere else have these beers in stock by the case?

Makro - usually have both, sometimes just have light, sometimes just dark.

There's a supplier at the rear of Big C South that stocks Beer Lao. I've only been there twice but on both occasions they only had the light beer - Drive down the north side of Big C (parallel to Pattaya Tai) until you get to the 'T' junction and the shop is almost directly in front of you (slightly to the left).

As far as I can recall 1100b for a case of light and 1300b for dark (24 x small bottles).

There's a supplier at the rear of Big C South that stocks Beer Lao. I've only been there twice but on both occasions they only had the light beer - Drive down the north side of Big C (parallel to Pattaya Tai) until you get to the 'T' junction and the shop is almost directly in front of you (slightly to the left).

As far as I can recall 1100b for a case of light and 1300b for dark (24 x small bottles).

Good info! I bought beer from the dealer at his shop 'behind Big-C' a couple of years ago but I heard he had closed. Did he relocate? Your description of the location seems that he just 'moved around the corner'. When was the last time you bought from him?

Thanks!

NL

Good info! I bought beer from the dealer at his shop 'behind Big-C' a couple of years ago but I heard he had closed. Did he relocate? Your description of the location seems that he just 'moved around the corner'. When was the last time you bought from him?

Thanks!

NL

if you have the chance in duty-free Thai/Lao borde I paid last week 460 Bath for 24 can 33 cl of standard lager lao beer.

Thanks!

NL

Now you mention it I had to rack my brains to think about when I was last there.

It was December 2009 (I was buying for a Christmas party) - so over 18 months ago.

Thanks!

NL

Now you mention it I had to rack my brains to think about when I was last there.

It was December 2009 (I was buying for a Christmas party) - so over 18 months ago.

He's closed then. I took a look for the shop about 6 months ago and it was gone.

Makro it is!

Thanks!

NL

if you have the chance in duty-free Thai/Lao borde I paid last week 460 Bath for 24 can 33 cl of standard lager lao beer.

Yup, I usually get my supplies hand-carried in from Vientiane when I am home in Udon. The neighbour has a wife in Laos so I bung him 1000 baht when stocks are low and he brings it over. Prefer bottles myself, about 850 baht/case.

Just PM me and I'll give you directions to the actual source (as long as we're talking Pattaya !)

Consider yourself PM'd!

Is it a secret then?:ph34r:

Agreed, I think more people would like to know the source, but if it's such a "Pattaya" secret, then PM I guess is the only way. <_<

Indeed, so secret that jaapfries hasn't responded to my bloody PM!