Make A Car Screen

neilf

i need a rear screen for a car that is not sold in thailand or imported here so i need to find if possible a company that can make the glass screen up

i know this is a motoring post but hoping to find somewhere fairly local because they will need to measure up

thanks for any help

Edited by neilf

You would be best to consider exactly what you are asking for.

A local company that is skilled in making custom moulded layered glass suitable for cars. I think you have more chance of finding a shop-house on Third Road run by Dwarf-Eskimos selling rocking horse teeth.

The process of bending plain float glass you might find, but this is unlikely to meet safety standards for cars in any part of the world, let alone withstand stresses encountered when fitted to a car.

Is the car a personal import? In which case the replacement screen will also need to be a personal import - this is probably the easiest solution - but either way you need to find out the price.

The next solution is contact all the breakers yards in the area, find a nice breaker locally and get them to search the network of Bangkok spares dealers - you will be paying a farang premium but it's likely to result in getting the right part. I recall that if you talk nicely to the LTO you might be able to find out how many other cars of that type are in the country and where they are, this might help.

A local company that is skilled in making custom moulded layered glass suitable for cars. I think you have more chance of finding a shop-house on Third Road run by Dwarf-Eskimos selling rocking horse teeth.

We have had AGC (A Local company) make us some one off multi laminate ballistic glass (38mm total thickness) in the past so I reckon a laminated rear screen is well within their capabilities, cost might be prohibitive though.

AGC Automotive Thailand.

why do most people on TV seem to hold Thai businesses in contempt ?

Edited by Spoonman