Heading Back To Bangkok - Local Knowledge Of Pathumwan Required Please

ctrunfree

Dear Bangkok Forumites - we are staying for a couple of weeks at:

Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites

3 Soi Mahardlekluang 3, Rajdamri Road

Lumpinee, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

We would most appreciate local knowledge, especially regarding great places to eat locally - we prefer Thai food and love to forage from street markets, eat at street restaurants as well as food courts and high end Thai restaurants.

Any other local tips also much appreciated. We are familiar with Bangkok generally and won't be out doing tourist sightseeing or shopping for clothes or souveniers. What we really like to do is eat Thai! .... and go to bars with great atmosphere, happy hours etc.

Edited by ctrunfree

tons of stuff , low- and high-end, on lang suan which if u walk eastward on the soi ur staying on towards the villa market u will come out on

i am lo so and only go for the street food there = some of the / maybe the best fried chicken i've had

If admaker is still around on langsuan, then that's not a bad Thai food in that area

The other really good one had to move out years ago. Now seems to be only Italian restaurants in langsuan (and in many other parts of central Bkk) sighhh

The other close area to where you will be is Siam square. Can't think of an excellent place in Siam, but an ok one is Krua Sathorn (but it's in Siam sq)

You could also head to Silom for food and drinks.

Not Thai, but there's a good Japanese place in si phraya. Hidden in a small soi and the entrance looks more like a semi warehouse/ office than a restaurant. But good food.

Ohh and don't panic. Inside is not a warehouse :D

Not Thai, but there's a good Japanese place in si phraya. Hidden in a small soi and the entrance looks more like a semi warehouse/ office than a restaurant. But good food.

Ohh and don't panic. Inside is not a warehouse :D

Mig, Please how to get to this place because i will be interested to try it out

ermmm ahhh errr

it took us 3 rounds of driving before we turned into the right soi

sorry, not sure i can give proper direction.....

lemme check with the friend who drove me there ok? might take a couple of days.......

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help everyone - we had a wonderful meal at Gaggan, just around the corner from our apartment - the service was excellent and the food extremely good... try the mohito - the marinated sugercane is divine. The food is pricey by Bangkok standards but well worth it, and way way cheaper then the equivalent back in Oz. Over the last 5 days we have also had wonderful food in the street stalls in the sois behind Langsuan.